CA vs MBA – What’s your choice? It’s all about taking the right decision; it is your career after all. As a student from the commerce background you would have definitely considered two most important fields, of course none other than CA and MBA. My notes below can help you take this decision better. Other interesting comparisons you can checkout is MBA or CFA and CA or CFA
We will discuss the following in this article –
- CA vs MBA Infographics
- What is a Chartered Accountant (CA)?
- What is Masters in Business Administration (MBA)?
- CA vs MBA Exam Requirements
- Why pursue CA?
- Why pursue MBA?
CA vs MBA Infographics
Reading time : 90 seconds
Lets understand the difference between these two streams with the help of this CA vs MBA Infographics.
What is Chartered Accountant (CA)?
CA that is a Chartered accountant has the proficiency of working in all business fields for example they can work as an auditor, work in taxation and also general management. They can manage being a tax accountant, management accountant, financial accountant auditor and also a budget analyst. This internationally recognized degree gives you the ability of working even internationally in countries such as the UK, European countries, Australia, etc.
A CA can be employed by either a private sector, a public sector company and trust me also government bodies. To become a qualified and a successful CA the candidate has to go through different levels of examinations and serious trainings. Skilled CAs are always in demand since the origin of this profession by all businesses. The chartered accountant’s institute keeps CA’s updated by motivating them to take up minimum levels of continuing professional developments.
What is Masters in Business Administration (MBA)?
This internationally recognized degree helps the candidates in developing the talent and knowledge required for building a career in business and management. You want to get a job in the public sector, the private or the government, or any other area an MBA degree can fetch you the same. The main course of MBA includes subjects such as economics, accounting, marketing and operations plus other selective courses that the candidate wants to pursue for their personal and professional requirements.
MBA also includes an internship program in a required company to guide them to their required job opportunity after the successful completion of their program. Reputed management institutes ask the applicants to appear for GMAT that is the Graduate Management Admission Test or the GRE that is the Graduate Record Examination.
CA vs MBA Exam Requirement
CA Exam Requirement
- To become a professional CA you need to appear for CPT after you clear your school or 10+2 in fact you can also directly appear for your intermediate after you complete your graduation.
- After clearing the 1st group of the 2 group that is the IPC level the candidates need to go through training that is article ship as an article assistant for at least 3 years in a CA firm.
- By the last year of training just before the applicant has to appear for the final examination the trainee also gets an option of working in an industry
- The candidate also needs to complete a 100 hrs IT training and also soft skills development before completing article ship
MBA Exam Requirement
- The candidate needs to clear GMAT and GRE test before seeking admission into a reputed MBA institute
- 2 years of core MBA program needs to be followed after graduation to become an MBA graduate
- Internship with a company or an organization adds value to the candidates profile and helps seek relevant jobs.
- Some business schools select candidates with professional experience to start their MBA program.
Why Pursue CA?
CA gives you the leeway of working in different industries and at different designations, which means you can choose what you would like to be after you successfully complete your CA. the choice is yours if you want you can set up your own firm or join an organization as a CA. There is a lot of demand for CA’s in the Manufacturing and the finance industry. They can work as auditors and also in increasing the company’s profitability and not only stick to number crunching and working on excel sheets or numbers alone. They can do much more than just be good with numbers. They can work with Equity Research firms, perform financial modeling and valuations.
Why Pursue MBA?
MBA gives additional value to your existing profession. This can be the best course for candidates wanting to sharpen their business and management skills. An MBA degree is internationally recognized as it trains you in economics, accounts operations and marketing. Besides you can also choose your field of interest to pursue your MBA specialization in. The internship part of the course gives the candidate exposure to the corporate world and the culture they need to work and live in.
Other interesting comparisons –
CA vs MBA, this decision is for you to make after understanding your strengths, interest and direction you intend to give your career. I hope with the above information you will be able to do so. All the very best 🙂
If you learned something new or enjoyed the post, please leave a comment below. Let me know what you think. Many thanks and take care. Happy Learning!