What you get
Mobile App Access
Online Banking Financial Modeling Course
This Banking Financial Modeling Certification Course is a bundle of 4 Online courses with 20+ hours of HD video tutorials and Lifetime Access. Along with this professionally made training program, you get verifiable certificates for each of the 4 courses on Accounting!
Many of you love to work in a reputed bank. But do you know that if you know a special financial modeling skill will propel you from a mediocre employee to one of the best paid positions in the bank? If not, read through this and you would know why this course will help you add a great skill to your already existing portfolio of skill.
If you’re a student of finance or a finance professional, you would know the value of financial modeling. If one knows how to create a complex financial model, his/her finance career will thrive.
So, here’s a course that will teach you financial modeling. And to be precise, this course will teach you financial modeling specifically for banking.
Industry Growth Trend
[Source - MarketsandMarkets]
[Source - Indeed]
We exactly have four modules for teaching this course. Go through these modules, learn the nitty-gritty at your convenience, apply what you learn in real life scenarios and you would be good to go. First we will talk about the banking sector in brief and then we will directly go into the course and what it would offer.
Let’s get started with the brief overview.
- Certificate of Completion
- Sample Preview
- Target Audience
- Career Benefits
About Banking Financial Modeling Course
|Courses||No. of Hours|
|Financial Modeling - Banking Sector||8h 22m|
|Banking sector financial model||4h 03m|
|Banking Sector Financial Modeling - Bank of America||3h 5m|
|Islamic Banking Modeling||4h 53m|
|Course||Online Banking Financial Modeling Course|
|Deal||This is 4 course bundle. Please note that you get access to all the 4 courses. You do not need to register for each course separately.|
|Hours||20+ Video Hours|
|Core Coverage||We be learning financial modeling specific to the Banking sector which includes case studies on banks such as JP Morgan, Bank of America, Islamic Banking model|
|Course Validity||Lifetime Access. You can view the course any number of times|
|Eligibility||No eligibility as such.|
|What do you get?||Certificate of Excellence for each of the 4 courses|
|Certification Type||Course Completion Certificates|
|Verifiable Certificates?||Yes, these are verifiable certificates. This means that you will be provided with a unique URL/Link which you can include in your resume/Linkedin profile for online verification.|
|Type of Training||Video Course – Self Paced Learning|
|System Requirement||1 GB RAM or higher|
|Other Requirement||Speaker / Headphone|
Banking Financial Modeling Course Curriculum
|Serial No.||Course Name||No. of Hours||Course Description|
|1||Financial Modeling – Banking Sector||8||This is the first module of this course. We will start with an overview of the financial institutions and also with the overview of the banking sector. Then, we will teach you how banks are different, financial statements comparisons, regulatory requirements, loan portfolio projections, loan loss reserve projections, balance sheet projections, interest-bearing assets, and liabilities, the income statement projections, cash flow statement projections, linking the financial statements, capital adequacy, dividends stock repurchase, and public comparable. Finally, we will end this module with the dividend discount model and we will provide you with the excel sheets and .pdf files. You need to watch 69 videos to cover the whole module.|
|2||Banking Sector Financial Model||4||We will start this module with a brief conceptual overview of financial modeling and we would also introduce you to the banking sector modeling & why financial modeling is important. Then, we will take you through the balance sheet and profit & loss model construction, the cash flow statement, ratio analysis, valuation analysis, and a quick recap, and finally, will provide you with the reference files. You would need to watch 31 videos to cover the whole module.|
|3||Banking Sector Financial Modeling – Bank of America||3||This module focuses particularly on the financial modeling of Bank of America. You will learn about how financial modeling is done for US banks. You will learn about various terminologies, approaches, formatting, assumptions, you will know briefly about Bank of America, punching balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, and doing valuation and also ratio analysis. You need to watch|
|4||Islamic Banking Modeling||5||You will learn everything about Islamic banking and how things work in the case of financial modeling of an Islamic bank. You will learn the key principles you need to follow, the revenue concept of an Islamic bank, cost concept of an Islamic bank, assumptions taken, linking balance sheet, ratio analysis, and valuation. You need to watch 35 videos in total to cover the entire module.|
|Total Duration||20+ Hours|
Banking Financial Modeling Course – Certificate of Completion
About Banking Sector
Many of you would like to get into the ever evolving banking sector. Yes, we agree that there is great opportunity in banking sector if you have the required skills. And as equity research analysts and financial analysts, you have ample options to specialize and master financial modeling.
This course will teach you the exact banking model with a case study analysis.
The banking sector is the most evolving sector of our times because it portrays economic condition of a country so very well. As to live a great life, we take the assistance of banks and save, deposit, pay and invest money through banks, banking sector plays a pivotal role in our lives. Since ancient times, banking sector is being treated as the most emerging and revered sectors of all.
Having known that, it would help to learn a specific financial modeling course which will take away all the fluff from the material and will teach you only essentials that are the most important building blocks of a practical skill in today’s scenario.
If you are finance students or finance professionals, this course you can’t let go of, for sure.
What tangible skills you will learn in this course?
You will learn how to financial modeling for banking in a nutshell. Here’s a list of what more you would learn in this course –
- Financial modeling: You will not only learn to create easy financial models, but we will also teach you how to create complex financial models in this course.
- Valuation: Along with financial modeling, you will also learn how to conduct valuation for the banking sector.
- Islamic banking financial modeling: What’s new in this course that we rarely find in any banking financial modeling course is the Islamic banking financial modeling. You would know the nitty-gritty of how an Islamic bank is run and also learn the complex financial models.
Before we go in detail about the prerequisites, target audience, FAQs, career benefits, let’s look at the course curriculum briefly.
Banking Financial Modeling Course Description
Let’s get into the course material directly.
In this section, we will talk about each module and how the course is being structured.
- Best part: The best part of this course is it will open up several career opportunities for financial analysts. This course is not structured just for learning and just for blabbering few concepts and theories. Rather this course is designed to provide value if you are interested. You would be able to do this course under 6 hours, but after that you need to practice what you have learned to get the maximum benefit.
- Objectives: There are three things you should remember while doing this course. First, you will learn about US banking sector because this course will teach you the modeling by using the most effective method of teaching i.e. case study analysis. Second, you will learn to build financial model from scratch and thus would know step by step process of doing it. Third, if you have had few years of experience already in the banking sector, this course will enhance your credibility and expertise.
- Introduction: The first section is of course an overview of the financial modeling of US Bank. Financial modeling is a vast subject and there are many specific parts of it. So you need to know specifically about US bank to be able to replicate the same in banking sector.
- Terminologies and Approach: As this course is taught by experts of the field, they would use terminologies which you may not follow if you are new to this sector. Thus it’s important for you to know the terminologies and the approaches taken to build the financial models for US bank. And thus this section is an important block of learning financial modeling. Moreover, you will also learn about top down and bottom up approach in this section.
- Formatting and assumptions: In any financial modeling, two most important aspects are formatting and assumptions. If you can do these two right, the later part would take care of itself. In this section, you will learn about formatting and assumptions before going into further details.
- Case Study: The case of Bank of America has been taken as an example to build and teach the banking financial model to you. In this section, you will learn the rest of the steps in financial modeling and a brief description on Bank of America so that you can relate to the whole case later in the course.
- Punching Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow: In the next few sections, you will learn about punching income statement, balance sheet and cash flow. You will also get to know about working investing activity. Each section here is of utter importance because you can’t understand the next section until you are done with the earlier ones.
- Drivers: The next section is very useful. It will teach you the details about drivers behind balance sheets and income statements. You will also learn to add gross loans and allowance and you will also be able to assume the growth rate (you will learn how). Finally you will learn “working on no interest rate” and how you can link with income statement.
- Linking balance sheet: In this section, you will learn to link balance sheet as well as linking debt securities, total deposits and short term & long term debt.
- Valuation: This section is of immense importance because you will learn valuation here. You will learn to calculate valuation and a method (price to book value method).
- Ratio Analysis: If you have studied finance you would know about ratio analysis. In this section you would learn ratio analysis in detail and you will also learn about share used for valuation.
- Finally: Finally you will get the practical file. From this section your real work will begin and i.e. the practice.
Additional aspects of the course:
This course is simple and most comprehensive. If you have intended to learn banking financial modeling this course is the ultimate one in the market. There are several reasons for which this is considered to be the best course in the similar domain.
- First, this course will give you a practical skill; whenever you do a course like this people don’t teach you the real skill and give you theories, jargon’s and concepts. This course is free of fluff and you will only learn the solid things which you can apply anywhere.
- Second, you can finish this course in 6 hours. When people are taking diplomas in banking financial modeling and learning so little, why go for such diplomas and wasting your time?
- Third, this course is reasonably priced and you don’t need to expend a fortune to learn a valid skill.
- Fourth, if you practice well, you will be able to use this skill for your lifetime with occasional update on the basic modeling.
- Fifth, you can do this course at your own pace as per your own convenience and from the comfort of your own home. Why bother going out and learning things. Sit on your computer and develop skills. You should consider these things while doing this course because these particular things have made this course the most valuable and best course on banking financial modeling.
This course is designed for specific audience. And of course, there are some pre-requisites. Let’s have a look at them.
- Basic knowledge of finance and accounting: It is of immense importance if you want to do this course. All you need is basic understanding of finance concept like valuation methodologies and accounting fundamentals like ratio analysis.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel: You know that you need to know basic Microsoft excel to be able to understand financial modeling. If you don’t know, we recommend that you do our Excel Training course before pursuing this one.
- Eagerness and willingness to practice: This course will teach you all the details and structure of banking financial modeling. But you have to do the work at the end of the course. Without practice you would not be able to fetch maximum benefit out of this course.
- A computer and an internet connection: You can do this course at your convenience. All you need is a computer and an internet connection. And as you’re reading this, it’s assumed that you already have the computer and an internet connection.
- Finance Students: This course is designed specifically for finance students who would like to explore more opportunities in banking sector. Financial modeling is hot career now-a-days and once you do this course, it will propel you to get ahead of most of your peers in the long run.
- Finance professionals: People who already have few years of experience can do this course because this course may teach them an extra skill or if they already know it, this course may act as a refresher for their already existing knowledge base.
- Consultants and experienced professionals: This course is not limited to fresher or new professionals; rather this course will add tremendous value to those who have years of experience in the financial modeling. As this is a specific modeling course, it will help them learn a particular modeling with the help of case study method.
- Entrepreneurs/ Small business owners: If you have invested in banks or work as a consulting firm to your clients, this course may seem of tremendous value to you and your employees. After doing this course, you don’t need to outsource any work of banking financial modeling. You would be able to do all by yourself for your clients.
FAQ – General Questions
Why should I do this Banking Financial Modeling Course?
If you want to learn banking financial modeling without any fluff you should do this course. This is a specific course and its scope is limited to banking financial modeling. If you are looking for any other financial modeling course, you can look at our series of other financial modeling courses.
I already know how to do banking financial modeling; do I need to do this course?
The answer would be better given by you. And if we try to answer, it would be both yes and no. Yes, if you don’t think you have all the answers in banking financial modeling as a practical skill. No, if you think your knowledge is sufficient in this regard. But we would like to recommend this course even after you have knowledge about the same as this course will hand you a practical skill under 6 hours.
I am not from finance domain; should I do this Banking Financial Modeling Course?
If you don’t aim to transition into finance or not from finance, this course may not be suitable for you. Because until and unless you know the basic finance and accounting, this course won’t be able to add any value to you! However, you are the best judge.
Sample Preview of this course
Here are some of the sample videos of this course. Click on the icons below to view the samples –
- Add a practical skill to your portfolio: You know financial modeling skill is very much valuable in the market. If you know this specific sort of financial modeling, you would be able to bargain better pay and better position.
- Save cost and time: It’s true. You don’t need to sit for hours in the classroom to learn this specific financial modeling. All you need to invest is 6 hours and then add your practicing time. Moreover, this course is reasonably priced and will not cost you a fortune like any other similar course.
- No fluff: Your time is valuable, so is ours. Thus we created a course that you can do in a weekend and as a result learn a valuable skill which is hot in the market. We have designed this course without any fluff so as to add only solid material to the course.
- Practical: This course is practical and you will be able to replicate the learning as many times as you want.