Fixed Income Mathematics Course
This Fixed Income Mathematics Course (Bond Mathematics) comes 2 with 9+ hours of HD video tutorials and Lifetime Access.
In this course, we cover the Essentials of fixed include including bond pricing techniques, bond mathematics, a measure of yield and return, curve trading & other essentials.
What you get in this Fixed Income Mathematics Course?
Fixed Income Mathematics Course Details
|Courses||No. of Hours|
|1 Fixed Income & its Mathematics||5h 16m|
|2 Fixed Income Mathematics Essentials||4h 08m|
|Course||Online Fixed Income Mathematics Course|
|Deal||This is 2 course bundle.|
|Hours||9+ Video Hours|
|Core Coverage||Fixed Income Mathematics Essentials which includes bond pricing techniques, bond mathematics, a measure of yield and return, curve trading & other essentials.|
|Course Validity||Lifetime Access. You can view the course any number of times|
|Eligibility||No eligibility as such.|
|What do you get?||Certificate of Excellence for the course|
|Certification Type||Course Completion Certificates|
|Verifiable Certificates?||Yes, these are verifiable certificates. This means that you will be provided with a unique URL/Link which you can include in your resume/Linkedin profile for online verification.|
|Type of Training||Video Course – Self Paced Learning|
|System Requirement||1 GB RAM or higher|
|Other Requirement||Speaker / Headphone|
Fixed Income Mathematics Overview
What if you get a course that will turn into an expert on fixed income mathematics? Would you do it right away? If not, it’s your loss.
Fixed income mathematics is a complex subject and needs a lot of hand-holding for people who are new to learning finance or who have just started investing. Fixed Income (bond) valuation is the process used by the Government or organizations to find out to ascertain the most accurate market value.
From understanding how fixed income market works to understanding how discounted instrument pricing is determined – everything will be covered in this Bond mathematics course.
All you need to do is to learn the course, practice what you learn, and you will be good to go.
There are two benefits of doing this Fixed income mathematics course (there are many, but these are the top two) –
- First, doing this course will teach you the nitty-gritty of the fixed income market and as an investor, you would be able to make an informed decision.
- Second, this course will save you a lot of time, effort, energy, and loss of money if you do it right now.
Without wasting any time, dive into the curriculum and see for yourself what this Fixed income mathematics course is going to offer. The material will truly blow your mind.
Fixed Income Mathematics Course Description
First, we will talk about the materials and then we will share some information that is crucial for you to know before you do this Fixed income mathematics course.
- Introduction: In the beginning, you will learn the two most important elements of this Fixed income mathematics course. Understanding the computation won’t make sense until you learn these. First, you will learn the foundations of what fixed income is. Then you will learn about the fixed income market and how it works.
- Types of bonds: The course is designed in such a way that you wouldn’t miss out on a single thing on a fixed income. In this segment, you will learn about the type of bonds. You will also learn about various types of yield and returns. The earlier section and this one are important for creating a familiarity with the subject.
- Money Market and Price Relationship: In this segment, you will learn three fundamental concepts of fixed income mathematics. First, you will learn about the money market and how it works. Second, you will get to know about the certificate of deposits. Third, you will learn the relationship between yield and price. These are concepts you must know before you ever learn the computation.
- Formula Convexity: The purpose of understanding convexity is to understand a better measure of price sensitivity for bonds. This segment will teach you about convexity. This section will also teach you how you can calculate convexity using formula.
- Cash Flow of a Bond: This segment will take you toward the computation phase of this Fixed income mathematics course. You will learn a lot of complex calculations here. So, pay special attention to this section. Firstly, you will learn about convexity and DVO 1 of the bond. Then the instructor will take you through the M duration and PVO 1 of the bond. Then you will learn how to calculate the cash flow of a bond. You will then understand about XIRR Input Value. After all these theories and concepts, now the instructor will show you examples of how to find out the cash flow of bonds. Finally, you will learn about the day count convention in this segment.
- Discounted Instrument Pricing: In this segment, you would learn a lot about discounted instrument pricing. First, the instructor will take you through zero-coupon instruments. Then you will learn about discounted instruments. And then you will see an example of discounted yield and yield return. Then you will get to understand accrued interest and purchase price and these will be followed by a detailed example of discounted pricing. Finally, the instructor will take you through an example of a trade output space.
- Rate of Returns: This is one of the most important segments of the entire course because investors are most interested in the rate of returns. In this section, you will learn about accrued interest and how to compute. You will also get to know what yield to maturity is and how to use the formula of price. Then the instruction will show you what discounted instruments are. After discounted instruments, it’s time to learn the internal rate of return (one of the most important portions) and also a modified internal rate of return.
- Term Structure of Interest Rates: This is the last segment of this Fixed income mathematics course. In this section, you will learn the two most important things. First, the instructor will take you through the structure of the interest rate. And then you will learn the structure of the spot rate. Finally, you will get to understand a comparative analysis between zero-coupon rates and yield to maturity. This Fixed income mathematics course is the only course that not only teaches you theories and fundamentals, but it also shows you how you can apply them in practical examples.
Other than the description of what you would learn, you also need to know a few critical things –
- By looking at the course and its material, it may seem to you that this Fixed income mathematics course will take a long time to complete. On the contrary, you only need 9+ hours of undivided attention and a similar amount of time to practice what you would learn. Around 14-15 hours of solid effort would help you learn one of the most important skills as a fixed income investor.
- This Fixed income mathematics course is not for beginners. That means to do this course you need to have a basic knowledge of finance, accounting, and mathematics. If you think that you’re not through with the basics of these subjects, take time to learn the fundamentals first. And then join the course.
- The best part of this Fixed income mathematics course is it is so convenient to do. You can sit at home and go on vacation. All you need to do is to find a few hours here and there on your weekdays or weekends and you can finish up the course.
- You can learn this course on any device. All you need to have is a smartphone or a tab or a laptop.
Industry Growth Trend
The wealth management platform market was valued at USD 1.52 Billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 3.20 Billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 13.4% during the forecast period. The base year considered for this report is 2016, and the forecast period is 2017–2022.
[Source – MarketsandMarkets]
$90,321 per year
Salary estimates are based on 5,836 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Finance Manager employees, users. The typical tenure for a Finance Manager is 2-4 years.
[Source – Indeed]
Fixed Income Mathematics Certificate
Requirements/Pre-requisites to this Training
- Willingness to do this course: This is the first requirement for anything you would like to learn. Until and unless you have the commitment from within, no course can add value to you or your career. That’s why you need to be committed enough to practice what you learn and use this Fixed income mathematics course as a guide.
- Basic knowledge in finance & mathematics: Since this Fixed income mathematics course isn’t designed for beginners, to do this course you need to have basic knowledge in finance and mathematics. Without the fundamentals in finance and mathematics, it’s quite difficult to do this course.
- Basic knowledge of the foreign exchange market: Since this Fixed income mathematics course is designed for intermediate students, you also need to have basic knowledge of the foreign exchange market. You may not need to know everything, but the fundamentals should be clear.
- Willingness to learn fixed income trading and insurance-related concepts: Fixed income trading and insurance, both are very dry subjects. So you can understand that these complex subjects are not everyone’s cup of tea. If you’re truly interested to learn these concepts, this course is the best in the market.
- A device and an internet connection: You can do this course on any device. If you have a smartphone or a tab or a laptop, with an internet connection, you can do the entire course. Even you can do this training offline if you subscribe to the annual membership.
Target Audience for this training
- Students of hardcore finance: If you are a hardcore student of finance, this Fixed income mathematics course will be pretty valuable to you. Since this course is on a very niche topic, you should be interested in it to practice.
- Investors trading in fixed income instruments: If you’re interested in investing in fixed income instruments or doing it for a while, then this course would be an eye-opener for you. This Fixed income mathematics course will teach you the nitty-gritty of fixed income trading and as a result, investing in fixed income instruments would be quite easy for you.
- Professionals who are involved in Bond Trading: Professionals who would want to hone their skills and become more razor-sharped; this course will give them the required edge. This Fixed income mathematics course will teach them concepts, practical, and a foundation on which they can build their career.
- People who are interested in learning fixed income trading: If you like fixed-income trading, you will love this Bond mathematics course. This is the best course on this subject since you don’t need to invest a lot of time and effort (just around 10-15 hours would do).
Fixed Income/Bond Mathematics Course FAQ – General Questions
There’s no reason why you shouldn’t. Here are a few reasons for which this is the best course on this particular subject –
- This course is pretty short which will allow you to finish it within a weekend.
- This course can be done from anywhere (you don’t need to be present in a classroom to do this course).
- This course can be done by using any device like a smartphone, a tab, or a laptop.
- This course doesn’t concentrate on theory only, but it includes a lot of practical examples through which you would be able to crystallize your learning.
No, unless you would like to invest in fixed income instruments or want to be a professional who trades in bonds.
Since you’ve been in this trading for a long time, the industry has evolved a lot. This Fixed income mathematics course is fresh, recent, and would act as a great refresher course for you.
M Duration and PVO 1 of Bond New
Logarithmic Function in Essential Mathematics
Example of Annuities Continues
- Add tremendous value to your career: If you’re a professional and you want to trade in fixed income instruments, you won’t find any better course than this. So jump in and do this Fixed income mathematics course; it will add tremendous value to your professional life.
- Help you mitigate risks in investments and make better decisions: If you want to become an investor of fixed income instruments (bonds), this Fixed income mathematics course is an un-miss-able course. It will teach your prudence and you will be better informed about the calculations required for doing well in fixed income trading.
- You will be ahead of your competition: If you do this course and your peers don’t, this Fixed income mathematics course will certainly be a difference-maker.
Fixed Income Mathematics Course Testimonials
After many years in fixed income trading, I wanted something that can remind me of the fundamentals. My friend recommended this course to me. And I must say this Fixed income mathematics course is a great refresher for me. I highly recommend this course to anyone who is looking for a refresher course on fixed income trading.
I’ve been investing into fixed income instruments, but didn’t get much success. When I was searching for learning more, I bumped into this Bond mathematics course. Whoa, after doing this course, I now know where I was making mistakes. It is highly recommended for investors like me.
I’ve just finished this course. The best part of this Bond mathematics course is that it is short, crisp, as well as, so very comprehensive. I’ve never thought that I would want to become a fixed income trader. After doing this course, I’m asking myself – ‘why not?’
This subject is quite vast if you read the books on this subject but it has been explained in quite simplest way in these videos.. Every finance peeps must go through these videos and understand the concept of fixed income markets.. Well defined and crisp course material is available here.
Great into to understanding terminologies Well worth the time if you’re interested in understanding markets, investing and how the basics’ work in the real world. as well as understanding how you can audit historical. with the ability (understanding) of how to forecast future growth (or not). This also clarifies how to leverage generic Microsoft Excel to prompt the impeded formulas and how to populate the data.