Investment Banking Tutorials
- Investment Banking Free Course
- Investment Banking Basics
- What is Investment Banking? (Overview of what do they actually do!)
- Investment Banking vs Commercial Banking
- Equity Research in an Investment Bank
- What is Asset Management Company AMC
- Sales and Trading in Investment Banking
- Private Placement, IPO and FPO in Investment Banking
- Investment Banking – Underwriters and Market Makers
- Investment Banking – Mergers and Acquisitions
- Investment Banking – Restructuring and Reorganisation
- Investment Banking Roles and Responsibilities
- Market Makers
- Propreitary Trading
- Top 4 Must Know Investment Banking Charts (Free Download Template included)
- Pitch Book | Guide to Investment Banking Pitch Book (Examples)
- Leverage buyout Lbo Analysis
- Trading Floor
- Market Order vs Limit Order
- Merchant Bank
- Best Investment Banking Books
- Nasdaq vs Dow Jones
- Nasdaq vs Nyse
- Investment Banking Careers
- Investment Banking Interview Questions (with Answers)
- How to get into Investment Banking?
- Investment Banking Job Description
- Investment Banking Associate Salary
- Investment Banking Job For Graduates (Engineers) | Top 8 Tips
- How to get an Investment Banking Internship?
- Top 10 Finance Certifications Programs
- Investment Banking Lifestyle
- Investment Banking Exit Opportunities
- Investment Banking Case Studies
- Top 10 Best Finance courses (with Online Certification)
- Investor Relation Job Description
- Financial Analyst Job Description
- Investment Banking vs Equity Research
- Investment Banking vs Asset Management
- Commercial Banking vs Merchant Banking
- Investment Banking vs Corporate Banking
- Portfolio Management vs Investment Banking
- Investment Banking vs Hedge Fund Manager
- Investment Banking vs Investment Management
- Investment Banking vs Private Equity
- Careers in Trading
- Investment Banking Firms
- Top Bulge Bracket Investment Banks
- Top Middle Market Investment Banks
- Top Boutique Investment Banks
- Investment Banking in Dubai
- Investment Banking in Hong Kong
- Investment Banking in Russia
- Investment Banking in Brazil
- Investment Banking in China
- Investment Banking in Australia
- Investment Banking in Saudi Arabia
- Investment Banking in Singapore
- Investment Banking in London (UK)
- Investment Banking in India
- Investment Banking in Ireland
- Investment Banking in South Africa
- Investment Banking in Canada
- Investment Banking in Germany
- Investment Banking in France
- Investment Banking in Malaysia
- Investment Banking in Philippines
- Investment Banking in Boston
- Investment Banking in San Francisco
- Top Banks
- Top Banks in Australia
- Top Banks In Austria
- Top Banks In Bahrain
- Top Banks In Belgium
- Top Banks In Bermuda
- Top Banks In British Virgin Islands
- Top Banks In Brunei
- Top Banks In Canada
- Top Banks In Cayman Islands
- Top Banks In Denmark
- Top Banks In Finland
- Top Banks In France
- Top Banks In Germany
- Top Banks In Greenland
- Top Banks In Guernsey
- Top Banks In Ireland
- Top Banks In Isle of Man
- Top Banks In Japan
- Top Banks In Kuwait
- Top Banks In Liechtenstein
- Top Banks In Luxembourg
- Top Banks In Macau
- Top Banks In Norway
- Top Banks In Oman
- Top Banks in Pakistan
- Top Banks in Philippines
- Top Banks In Puerto Rico
- Top Banks In Qatar
- Top Banks In Saudi Arabia
- Top Banks In Singapore
- Top Banks In South Korea
- Top Banks In Sweden
- Top Banks In Switzerland
- Top Banks in UAE
- Top Banks in United Kingdom
- Top Banks in USA
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- What is Mergers and Acquisitions?
- Mergers vs Acquisitions
- Synergy in M&A
- Successful Mergers and Acquisitions
- Financing Acquisitions
- Statutory Merger
- Joint Venture
- White Knight
- Hostile Takeover
- Golden Parachute
- Poison Pills
- What is Amalgamation?
- Spin off vs Split Off
- Forward Integration
- Backward Integration
- Best Mergers and Acquisitions Books
- What is Asset Restructuring?
Part 1 – Investment Banking Course (Video Access)
Step 1 – Get Access to the Part 1 Free Investment Banking Video Series from below –
Free Investment Banking Course
* Please provide your correct email id. Login details for this Free course will be emailed to you
Step 2 – You will receive an email about the details of these free courses
- Please note you will get an email with the subject – “[wallstreetmojo] Investment Banking Course Login“
- In this email, you will receive your investment banking course access details.
- Please do change your password on your first login.
Step 3 – Happy Learning!
In this video tutorial, you have access to the following courses on Investment Banking –
- #1 – Investment Banking Overview – 1.5 hours
- #2 – Accounting – 1.5 hours
- #3 – Calculator – 1.5 hours
- #4 – Excel Tutorials – 3 hours
If you want to learn Investment Banking Professionally, you can also take this Investment Banking Training
#1 – Investment Banking Overview
Before you apply for any job in Investment Banking, it is important for you to understand what Investment Banking is all about? Here we cover the following –
- Learn What is an Investment Bank from this video course?
- What are the various roles offered by Investment Banking?
- IPO, M&A, Sell Side, Buy Side etc
- Key Skills required to enter into an Investment Bank
#2 – Accounting
Knowledge of accounting is a must! Infact, as an analyst you need to master the concepts of accounting. I have noticed that if you are an engineer (read ‘non accounting background’) like me, you may find it a bit difficult to digest the concepts of accounting. Infact, debits and credits are the first thing that any accounting book teaches us. However, I have a 1 hour challenge for you. In this course, you will learn accounting in one hour without the need of using debits and credits. Go through this Investment Banking course in detail, even you are a master in accounting and i bet you will learn something new from this course.
#3 – Calculator
In this course, we will cover the Texas Instruments calculator very helpful for performing critical calculations on the go. You can solve various problems like Time Value of Money, Annuity, compounding, NPV, IRR, Breakeven etc using this calculator. Additionally, it is also helpful calculation of Bond Prices, accrued interest etc.
#4 – Basic Excel Course
You can easily assume that Excel is the Most important skillset required to work in an Investment Banking. Hence, it is very important for you to be extremely proficient in excel. However, If you are new to excel, you will get an intuitive understanding of excel from this course. Here we follow a case study approach to teach you basics of excel. Please do not expect advanced fundamentals to be covered in this Investment Banking course, however, it is pretty useful for students who are relatively new to excel.
Part 2 – Investment Banking Course (Guides)
Please do note that getting a job as an Investment Banking Analyst is more difficult than the job itself. Hence, it is important for you to prepare well before you even think of having an Interview discussion. Investment Banking primarily requires mastering Excel skills, Accounting, Financial Modeling, Valuations and communications/negotiations skills.
Below Free courses on Investment Banking will help you develop these key Investment Banking Skillsets.
#1 – Financial Modeling
Financial Modeling is one of the most important skills required for Investment Banking. This investment banking course will help you not only master excel skills but also be awesome in Financial Modeling using Excel. In common language, Financial Modeling is nothing but forecasting the Financial Statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flows) of the company.
There are three guides to free Financial Modeling Resources that you can refer –
#2 – Ratio Analysis
Ratio analysis of Financial Statements is the core of Investment Banking. You should not only be able to calculate different kinds Ratios like Solvency Ratios, Operating Ratios, Leverage Ratios, Turnover Ratios etc, but you should also be able to identify the trend so that you have a better understanding of the company. In this step by step investment banking course on Ratio analysis, we mainly discuss how to do all these in Excel (just like an Investment Banker!)
Guide to Financial Statement Analysis
#3 – Discounted Cash Flows (FCFF & FCFE)
Warren Buffet has been focusing on company’s ability to generate Free Cash Flows. Why Free Cash flows really matter? This Investment Banking course will focus on understanding what “Free Cash Flows” are in general and why FCFF and FCFE should be used to measure company’s operating performance.
Please find the links to the guides on DCF here –
#4 – Terminal Value
Terminal value is the value of a company’s expected future Cash Flow to Firm beyond the forecast period. This Investment Banking course on Terminal value focuses on ways in which Terminal Value is calculated in the context of Company Financial Model. We also discuss the two types of Terminal Value Calculations – Perpetuity Growth method and Exit Multiple Method. We also try and answer question of whether Terminal Value can ever be Negative?
You can access the guide to Terminal Value here.
#5 – CAPM Beta
Beta is a measure of volatility of the stock in comparison to the stock market. Beta is widely used in Discounted Cash Flows, particularly for the calculation of Cost of Equity. In this article, we answer the questions on what Beta is all about, key variables of Beta, how to calculate beta, two types of beta – levered and unlevered, and can a beta be Negative?
Access the guide to CAPM Beta here
#6 – Enterprise Value vs Equity Value
The most important aspect to learn about Relative valuation is Enterprise Value and Equity Value. In this Free Investment Banking Course, we discuss what is Enterprise Value and its key differences with Equity Value. Equity Value is the value only to the Equity holders, however, Enterprise Value is the value that is due to Debt holders and Equity holders.
Enterprise value Multiples Guides
Equity Value Multiples Guides
#7 – Comparable Company Analysis
In this Investment Banking course, we discuss what is comparable comps, how are the Comparable Comp calculated, How to identify comparable companies and How do we prepare a professional comparable company analysis table
Guide to Comparable Company Analysis
#8 – Sum of Parts
Sum of Parts is a valuation technique to find value of Large Business Conglomerate with different segments. In this approach each segment is valued separately and the total valuation of the conglomerate is found. In this Investment valuation article, we learn how sum of parts or SOTP valuation is done professionally.
Guide to Sum of Parts Valuation
#9 – Investment Banking Charts
Investment Bankers create Pitch Books for client discussions and negotiations. These pitch books can be deal pitch books, general pitch books etc. One of the key features of these pitch books is that they contain awesome charts and graphs that communicate their ideas in a giffy. In this article, we discuss what are PE charts, PE Band Chart, Football Field Graph and Scenario Graphs. We also look at how they are created from scratch.
Guide to Investment Banking Charts
Plus, you can learn more about Investment Banking from this Investment Banking Resources List