FRM Level 1 Prep Course
This FRM Level 1 Prep Course includes training on the core concepts of financial risk management of 58+ hours of video tutorials and Lifetime access. In this course we are sticking to the curriculum as suggested by GARP which includes vaious topics of risk management and it is to help you prepare well and clear your FRM Level 1 examination.
Foundations of Risk Management##5h 32m
Quantitative Analysis##3h 07m
Financial Markets and Products##6h 58m
Valuation and Risk Models##11h 04m
FRM I 2020 - Quantitative Analysis Updates##1h 35m
* One Time Payment & Get Lifetime Access
What you get in this FRM Level 1 Prep Course?
Mobile App Access
About FRM Level 1 Prep Course
|Courses||No. of Hours|
|FRM I:01 - Foundations of Risk Management||5h 32m|
|FRM I:02 - Quantitative Analysis||3h 07m|
|FRM I:03 - Financial Markets and Products||6h 58m|
|FRM I:04 - Valuation and Risk Models||11h 4m|
|FRM I 2020 - Foundations of Risk Management||9h 19m|
|FRM I 2020 - Quantitative Analysis||6h 28m|
|FRM I 2020 - Financial Markets & Products||9h 04m|
|FRM I 2020 - Valuation and Risk Models||8h 28m|
|Course Name||Online FRM Level 1 Prep Course|
|Deal||You get access to all 8 courses bundle. You do not need to purchase each course separately.|
|Hours||58+ Video Hours|
|Core Coverage||Foundations of Risk Management, Quantitative Analysis, Financial Markets and Products, Investors and risk management, Risk management failures, Enterprise risk management, code of conduct.|
|Course Validity||Lifetime Access|
|Eligibility||Anyone serious about learning Financial Risk Management|
|Pre-Requisites||Basic knowledge about Finance and Mathematics|
|Type of Training||Video Course – Self Paced Learning|
|System Requirement||1 GB RAM or higher|
|Other Requirement||Speaker / Headphone|
FRM Level 1 Prep Course Curriculum
- Goals: This course is designed to train the participants on the various topics of level I FRM and make them familiar with the exam pattern. It will be helpful for the preparation of the level I FRM exam. It helps finance professionals and students to understand financial risk management.
- Objectives: The objective of the course is to impart the requisite skills and subject knowledge to the participants so that they could be prepared to take up the FRM level 1 exam offered by GARP. FRM Certified professionals are one of the most globally recognized, and clearing of the FRM exam helps the professionals to reach the next level in their career. It can be taken up to who wants to pursue their career in financial risk management as well as it could aid those who are appearing for the FRM exam as this course sticks to the GARP curriculum.
- Course Highlights: This FRM level 1 preparation course offers eight online courses as a single package that covers the following topics.
- Foundations of Risk Management
- Quantitative Analysis
- Financial Market and Products
- Valuation and Risk Models
It comprehensively covers the FRM level 1 exam curriculum through 58+ hours of video classes. One online mock test will also be conducted, and the solution will be provided post mock tests. This is an online course, and anyone who enrolls for this course will have Lifetime access to this course.
What is FRM Level 1?
FRM level 1, a certificate offered by GARP (Global Association of Risk Professionals). It is a base level qualification for risk management professionals. FRM Course has two levels. Level I, the entry-level, which can be pursued by any graduate. Exams will be conducted twice a year. To become a Certified Financial Risk Manager, the first step is to clear the FRM level 1 Exam. To clear level 1 exam aspirants should be aware of the exam pattern and concepts & theories under risk management.
What skills will you learn in this Course?
You will be learning the following topics in this FRM Level 1 Prep Course.
Foundations of Risk Management: Risk is the unpredictability of the outcomes. To have a competitive advantage in the market, Corporate voluntarily take certain risks, and that needs to be managed/ monitored constantly by the management. When we say the financial risk that could impact the funds and profitability of the Corporates. In this part, you will learn about the basics of risk management. The following are the topics covered under the foundations of risk management.
- Need for risk management
- Risk management failures
- Investors and risk management
- Creating value with risk management
- Enterprise risk management
- Code of conduct
Quantitative Analysis: One of the most important concepts in FRM is probability and statistics. Probability is the chance of an event happening, and it is the most elementary tool in risk management. The following are the topics covered under quantitative analysis.
- Basic Statistics
- Linear Regression
- Chi-Square and F test
- Regression with a Single regressor
- Volatilities and Correlation
- Simulation Models
Financial Markets and Products: The financial risk management predominantly details with various risks in the finance market (i.e.) Capital markets; Commodity markets; Money markets; Derivatives markets; Futures market, and Foreign exchange market and it requires an understanding of various products available in the finance market. The following are the topics covered under financial markets and products.
- Mechanics of futures markets
- Hedging Strategies using futures
- Interest rates
- Determination of forward and futures prices
- Interest rate futures
- Properties of stock options
- Trading strategies involving options
Valuation and Risk Models: Risk models are used for measuring risks. Risk modeling uses various techniques to analyze and forecast the likely losses that would be incurred for a variety of risks. The following are the topics covered under Valuation and Risk Models.
- Bond prices, Discount Factors, and Arbitrage
- Bond prices, Spot Rates, and Forward rates
- Yield to Maturity
- One factor measures of price sensitivity
- Binomial Trees
- The Black Scholes Merton Model
- The Greek letters
- Measures of Financial Risk
- Putting Value at Risk (VaR) to work
- Operational Risk
- Extending the Value at Risk (VaR) approach to Operational Risk
- Stress Testing
- Principles for Sound Stress testing practices and supervision
- The Rating agencies
- External and Internal ratings
- Country Risk models
- Loan Portfolio and expected loss
- Unexpected loss
Along with the above mentioned, the following will also be covered as part of this course.
- FRM I 2020- Quantitative analysis updates
- FRM I 2020 – Financial markets & products updates
- FRM I 2020 – Valuation and Risk Models
- The following are some of the pre-requisites to take up the FRM Level 1 Prep Course.
Passion for learning: You should have the interest to learn financial risk management, and it could be more useful for students and professionals who are planning to pursue FRM or those who are planning to take up Level I FRM exam.
Basic Finance knowledge: This course contains advanced concepts and techniques about risk management, so basic finance knowledge is required to understand and get hold of this training.
- FRM Level 1 Prep Course is useful for both students and professionals who have the interest to learn and pursue their career in that line.
Professionals – Professionals who are in the risk management sector, other Professionals like analysts, bankers, managers in insurance companies, etc. can enhance their career prospects.
Other Students/Professionals – Those who have basic knowledge of finance and interest to pursue a career in financial risk management can take this course. This course could be useful for those who want to take up the FRM level 1 exam.
FAQ – General Questions
How much time should I spend on this Course?
This is an online course, and you can access it 24*7 from anywhere. It has eight online courses with 58+ hours of video classes. It has no time frame for completion.
How this training is going to help me advance my career?
This course will help you to pursue a career in the Risk Management domain. It is one of the globally recognized professions, and there are lots of opportunities in this field. It helps to enhance your skills in risk management.
I am new to Risk Management, can I take up this training?
Anyone who has a passion for learning risk management can take up this course as it requires only basic knowledge of finance. It covers the FRM level 1 curriculum, so it would be more useful for those who want to take up the FRM exam and for those who want to pursue a career in Risk Management.
What learning sources are available?
Expert Faculty: The Instructors for this online training are industry-based professionals who possess experience in Risk management.
Study Material: Participants will be given access to online material that covers the curriculum of GARP FRM level 1. This can be accessed all time by those who have enrolled in the course.
Risk management careeropportunities are growing at a rapid pace. Financial risk managers are paid well, and there is a lot of demand for risk management professionals. Many of the top financial firms employ risk management professionals because they have specific skills/qualities that are important to financial service providers.
This training helps you to understand the basics of risk management, financial market and products, and various techniques of risk modeling. It completely covers the GARP FRM level 1 curriculum. It is a certification course, and it helps you to pursue a career in the risk management domain. It will increase your value as a potential employee.