Private Equity Training (15+ Courses With Case Studies)
Full Lifetime Access
Certificate of Completion
This Private Equity Training Course is a bundle of 15 courses with 37+ hours of HD video tutorials and Lifetime Access. Along with this professionally made training program, you get verifiable certificates for each of the 15 courses!This private equity course is designed for students and professionals who want to master private equity skills. These tutorials start from the basic and train you on advanced concepts using excel based practical case studies.
Industry Growth Trend
[Source - MarketsandMarkets]
[Source - Indeed]
- About Private Equity Course
- Private Equity Course Curriculum
- What is Private Equity
- Which Tangible Private Equity Skills you will learn in this course?
- What are the requirements / pre-requisites to this Training?
- Sample Preview of this course
- Target Audience for this training
- Private Equity Course FAQs
- Career Benefits of this training
- Private Equity Course Reviews / Testimonials
About Private Equity Course
|Course||Private Equity Training|
|Deal||This is 15 -course bundle. Please note that you get access to all the 9 courses. You do not need to register for each course separately.|
|Hours||37+ Video Hours|
|Core Coverage||Successful PEs, PE Structure, Private Equity Strategies, Private Equity Fund, Private Equity Modeling, LBO Modeling with case studies,Term Sheet, Excel, Accounting, Ratio Analysis, Valuations, Financial Modeling Discounted Cash Flows|
|Excel Templates Included?||Excel templates that were used are provided as a download|
|Course Validity||Lifetime Access. You can view the private equity course any number of times|
|Eligibility||No eligibility as such. You should have keen interest in learning.|
|Pre-Requisites||None. If you have basic knowledge of accounting, it will be great. However, if you do not have one, then you must complete the accounting modules in the bundle first.|
|What do you get?||Certificate of Excellence for each of the 15
private equity courses
|Certification Type||Course Completion Certificates|
|Verifiable Certificates?||Yes, these are verifiable certificates. This means that you will be provided with a unique URL/Link which you can include in your resume/Linkedin profile for online verification.|
|Type of Training||Video Course – Self Paced Learning|
|System Requirement||1 GB RAM or higher|
|Other Requirement||Speaker / Headphone|
Private Equity Course Curriculum
|S. No||Course Name||Description|
|1||Microsoft Excel 2010 – For Beginners||This course acts as the foundation course to your Private Equity Training. It is important that you master the art of Excel. If you are new to Excel, then you must do this module. Here topics include how to calculate, usage of formulas, updating calculations, percentage and absolute references, conditional formatting, IF commands, countif and sumif, basic charts and graphs, sort filter, Pivot Tables, Presentation and Print.|
|2||Microsoft Excel 2010 – Advanced Training Course||It is not an absolute must for you to complete this module. If you want to master the art of excel then you can take this private equity course. In this we discuss advanced concepts like Data functions, One and two dimensional data tables, arrays, text functions, dynamic ranges using Names, auditing and trouble shooting formulas, form controls, advanced charts like sparklines, two axis, combo charts, scrolling charts etc.|
|3||Accounting – Income Statement Analysis||In this Private Equity course on Accounting, we discuss Income Statement. If you very new to accounting, then do make sure that you fully complete this module before you move to next. Here we discuss the format of the Income Statements, its utilities and topics like profit margins, non recurring items, changes in accounting estimates, revenue recognition, depreciation with the help of Colgate Case Study as an example|
|4||Accounting – Balance Sheet Analysis||In this detailed private equity training on Balance Sheet, we take concepts of current assets, current liabilities, long term assets, long term liabilities, shareholder’s equity. We also discuss Inventory LCM, concept of Goodwill, Purcahse vs Pooling method of accounting, Goodwill impairment, Preference Shares, Dividends, Treasury Stocks, Stock Splits and more.|
|5||Accounting – Cash Flows Analysis||In this Private Equity Training on Cash Flows, we learn the core concepts of Cash Flow from Operations (CFO), Cash Flow from Investing (CFI) and Cash Flow from Finances (CFF). With examples we learn how to calculate each of the cash flows. Additionally, CFO is calculated using two famous methods – Direct Method and In-direct Method.|
|6||Financial Modeling – Siemens||This is a Private Equity course on Financial Modeling – Forecasting Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flows. Here we take example of Siemens wherein we take the Annual reports and dissect its financial statements to forecast the financials. This is a step by step tutorial to build a professional financial model. Please note that Siemens is a public company, however, it is pre-requisite to learn the methdology of financial modeling before we jump to the financial modeling of private company|
|7||Comprehensive Training on Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)||This module of Discounted Cash Flow is one of the most important course of Private Equity. We discuss the nuts and bolts, how to find the target price using FCFF approach. How to calculate important inputs like Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC), Beta etc|
|8||Comprehensive Private Equity Concepts and Modeling||This core module on Private Equity training Concepts and Modeling is a very exchaustive course. Here we learn the following
a) Structure – In this learn the Basic Structure of Private Equity, How to Structure a deal, Pre money and post money concepts, what are participating preference shares and how to calculate effective share price.
b) Private Equity Strategies – Here we discuss what strategies PE players deploy like Venture Capital, Growth Capital, Leverage Buyouts, Real Estate. We also discuss the role of Banks in PE and how its performances are measured.
c) Private Equity Fund – Here we discuss topics like PE Fund structure, Investment Funds, GP-LP, Parallel Fund, Alternative Investment Vehicles, Feeder Funds, Co-investment Vehicles, what are capitlal commitments, Carried Interest, Catch Up, Claw back, Fund Fees, Placement Agents, Legal Documentation and Investment Management Agreement.
d) Business Plan – In this we discuss a step by step guide to prepare a financial model and business plan for a private company. We also learn how to value a start up and calculate pre-money and post-money valuations of the company. At the end, we look at the term sheet and why it is important.
|9||Private Equity Modeling – Case Study #1||In this private equity online course, you will learn more about Private Equity Modeling in Excel and how to calculate pre-money post-money valuation scenarios along with term sheet.|
|10||Private Equity Modeling – Case Study #2||In this private equity course online, you will see one more case study on Private Equity Modeling and valuation|
|11||LBO Modeling of Seimens||LBO analysis is similar to a DCF analysis. In LBO analysis one focuses on the IRR, projected cash flows and the ability to pay debt and interest payments. The concept of a leveraged buyout is very simple: Buy a company –> Fix it up –> Sell it. Usually, the entire plan is, a private equity firm targets a company, buys it, fixes it up, pays down the debt, and then sells it for large profits. In this Private Equity course on LBO modeling, we take the cash flow projections along with IRR calculations of Seimens|
|12||LBO Modeling of Innospec||This is is another case study of Innospec wherein we do the Leveraged Buyout Analysis in excel|
|13||LBO – Leveraged BuyOut (LBO) Modeling||One more practical example of a Leveraged buyout model of US Retail company|
What is Private Equity?
Every economy has public exchanges that can quote its various companies equity capital that is registered with them. However private equity is not registered or quoted on a public exchange. These funds are a direct investment in the private company or doing a buyout of the public company which converts into delisting of the equity of a public company.
The question is that how do you then raise the capital of a private company? well in this case the capital of a private equity is raised from a retail investor or an institutional investor. Reasons for a private equity differ it can either be to raise the working capital of the owned company, or to fund a new technology, or to strengthen a balance sheet and even make accusations, etc.
Private equity usually has the demand of a long term investment in order to allow distress turnover or to meet the liquid needs of the company for example the IPO or selling to a public company. Hence this investment usually includes; institutional investors or accredit investors who can invest huge sums of money for a longer duration.
Buyouts and private equity boomed in the year 2005 to 2007 where major buyouts were recorded. And even now private equity continues to be a huge private asset class and firms with private equity who have billions of dollars in capital that is committed are planning to position their capital in new and different types of transactions.
Which Tangible Private Equity Skills you will learn in this course?
Private Equity is all about learning hard financial skills to analyze and value businesses. In this private equity training, you will learn the following –
- Excel & Advanced Excel
- Basic and Advanced Accounting
- Valuations – Discounted Cash Flows
- Pre-money and Post-money Valuations
- Financial Modeling for Public Company
- Private Equity Structure
- Private Equity Funds
- Private Equity Strategies
- Financial Modeling of Private Company
- Deal Structuring
- Term Sheet
- LBO Modeling and calculation of IRR
- 3+ Industry Projects
- Hands-on Instructor-led Case Studies
- Perform financial analysis on Live company data
- Build a financial & Valuation Model from scratch
- Forecast Target Price of Shares
- Showcase Projects in your CV/Linkedin
Private Equity Course Projects
Certificate of Completion
What are the requirements / pre-requisites to Online Private Equity Training?
- We do not have special requirements for this private equity course which means our candidates only need to possess the following.
- The desire to learn is extremely important as without the desire to learn you will not be able to learn even the easiest course available. If you are not committed then you may lost interest. Try to follow the sequence given in the course so that to stay on the top.
- Basic understanding of accounting will be an added advantage
Sample Preview of this private equity course
Here are some of the sample videos of this course. Click on the icons below to view the samples –
Target Audience for this Private Equity training
- Candidates who are interested in pursuing a career in the private equity sector.
- If you are an MBA or a Charted Accountant, then you can definitely take this private equity course as a value add.
- Entrepreneurs who want to raise funds and want to understand the technicalities associated with valuations, documentation, term sheet etc.
- If you are a CFA candidate or CFA Charter, then this Private Equity Course will help you deploy your knowledge using real life practical case studies in Excel.
- If you are a student and you are pursuing a degree or a diploma, engineering or commerce background students who ever is interested in making a career in finance.
- If you are working professional in IB or PE industry, you can take this private equity course a refresher.
Private Equity Training FAQs – General Questions
Is it difficult to learn about private equity?
If you have interest in the equity market or more precisely if you are interested in the private equity where money making is an art it will defiantly not be difficult. And more over our private equity course includes explanations and lectures in HD videos along with live examples to make learning simple.
Where can private equity training be applied?
Student and professional can apply this training on valuing startups and private companies. Entrepreneurs can use this training to value their business and also understand the implications of various aspects of deal structuring and legal documentations.
Would this Private Equity Training add value to my profession?
You can take this private equity course as a complimentary course that provides you with real life skills on Private Equity. Here you will learn tangible skills on excel, accounting, valuations, forecasting, pre-money post money valuations, deal structuring, term sheet and more.
If I’m already in the profession, should I do this Private Equity course?
Yes. You can do this course as a refresher. This private equity course will take you back to the foundations required to excel in private equity profession.
Can professionals from other domains enroll for this Private Equity Training?
Yes. Learning is more important than background. If you’re eager to learn, you can take this private equity course and learn a great deal about Private Equity.
Where do learners come from for this Private Equity Training?
WallStreetMojo’s courses have been preferred by professional across the globe. Top places include New York, San Francisco, Bay Area, New York, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UK, Dubai, Riyadh, UAE, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.
Can i see the Demo Videos of this Private Equity Training?
Yes, you can view the demo videos above.
What are the Payment Options?
You can pay by Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking from all the leading banks. Additional payment options include pay by PayPal and 2checkout.
Career Benefits of this Private Equity training
- Knowledge is always beneficial; we will never encourage you to a private equity training course that will not be of any value to you or your career.
- Core Private Equity skills – This private equity training takes you through the knowledge of excel proficiencies for the private equity sector, basic and advanced accounting, corporate finance foundation, corporate valuation and also private equity modeling.
- Resume Point – You can include these skills in your resume. You will get unique online verifiable certificates that you may include as a link in your CV/Linkedin Profile.
- Hand’s on Practical Training before your job – These training is an excel based practical training that you normally get when you join these analyst jobs. This helps in facing interview questions with real cases.
- Personal Investments – Entering and learning about the private equity sector cannot just benefit you professionally it can also benefit you in person money making terms. You can use your knowledge for your personal investments.