Project Finance Training (8 Courses with Case Studies)
This Project Finance Training course is a bundle of 8 courses with 30+ hours of video tutorials and Lifetime Access.
This course is designed as a step by step guide to master the art of Project Finance. Here we discuss the basics of Project Finance and how corporates go about raising funds. We also discuss excel based basic and advanced project finance modeling to calculate IRR of the projects.
What you get in this Project Finance Training?
About Online Project Finance Training
|Courses||No. of Hours|
|1 Basic Microsoft Excel Training||4h 8m|
|2 MS Excel 2010 Training Course: Advanced||8h 37m|
|3 Accounting:01 – Income Statement||1h 57m|
|4 Accounting:02 – Balance Sheet||3h 37m|
|5 Accounting:03 – Cash Flows Analysis||1h 3m|
|6 Project Finance Modeling – From Novice to Expert||3h 33m|
|7 Project Finance||4h 7m|
|8 Project Finance Tutorials||5h 27m|
|Course||Online Project Finance Course|
|Deal||This is 8 course bundle. You get access to all courses as a bundle. No need to register for individual courses|
|Hours||30+ Video Hours|
|Core Coverage||Basic Excel, Advanced Excel, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows, Introduction to Project Finance, Basic Project Finance excel modeling, Advanced Project Finance excel modeling|
|Excel Templates Included?||Yes. All templates downloadable|
|Course Validity||Lifetime Access|
|Eligibility||Those who want to learn Project Finance can register for this online project finance course. No eligibility as such.|
|Pre-Requisites||None (Basic accounting and excel knowledge should help)|
|What do you get?||You get Certificate of Excellence for each of the 8 courses|
|Certification Type||Course Completion Certificates|
|Verifiable Certificates?||Each certificate can be uniquely verified with an online link. You can include these certificate links in your resume, LinkedIn and more.|
|Type of Training||Self Paced Pre-recorded Video Lectures|
|System Requirement||1 GB RAM or higher|
|Other Requirement||Speaker / Headphone|
Project Finance Course
|#1 – Microsoft Excel 2010 – For Beginners||Foundation||If you are new to excel, then do not skip this basic training on Excel. It is important to note that Project Finance cannot be done without Excel. In this excel course, you will learn data entry, usage of important formulas, formatting, references, formatting, usages of graphs and charts, shortcuts and common errors|
|#2 – Microsoft Excel 2010 – Advanced Training Course||Foundation||You simply cannot learn Project Finance without the knowledge of Advanced Excel Functions. Advanced Excel Tutorials include what-if analysis, arrays, pivot table, usage of names and dynamic ranges, form controls, advanced charts, etc|
|#3 – Accounting – Income Statement Analysis||Foundation||new to Accounting Statements, then please do this module on the Income statement as well as the other two modules on Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Analysis. In the income statement module, we discuss the importance of Income Statement, Key Margins, What they signify, Net profit, Depreciation and more|
|#4 – Accounting – Balance Sheet Analysis||Foundation||Knowing the balance sheet is extremely important. Here we look at the basics of Balance Sheet, its composition – current assets, long term assets, current liability, long term liability, shareholder’s equity, etc|
|#5 – Accounting – Cash Flows Analysis||Foundation||Cash flow statements are very important for Project Finance. Here we look at Cash flow from operations, cash flow from financing and cash flow from investing in detail.|
|#6 – Project Finance Modeling – From Novice to Expert||Core Project Finance||This online project finance course is subdivided into two parts –a) All you wanted to know about Project Finance, what is it all about, estimating the cost of the project, feasibility analysis, means of finance, risk analysis, important ratiosb) Preparing a project finance model in excel, with project costs, IDC, depreciation, ratio analysis, sensitivity analysis and preparing a project finance report|
|#7 – Comprehensive Project Finance Modeling||Advanced Project Finance||In this course on Project finance modeling, we look at building the project finance model comprehensively. We look at Feasibility analysis, breakeven analysis, creditors turnover, and more.|
|#8 – Project Finance Tutorials||Project Finance||In this course, we shall be covering: Briefing on what is project finance and relevance, Agenda and road map, Understanding Dates function ( Necessary as basics clearance for project finance ), Incorporating delays, Interest during the construction period ( Case study ), Cash waterfall ( Case study )|
What is Project Finance?
There are exactly two ways to finance your company. You can either finance your operations via corporate finance or through project finance.
- If the company is operation/production-based, then the finance department usually chooses to go with corporate finance.
- But if the company is working for many clients and on long-term projects, then it’s prudent to go for project finance.
Unlike corporate finance, project finance is a bit complex. The reason is while doing project finance, you won’t look at the balance sheet; rather you need to look at the projected cash flow the project would be generating. The equity and debt would be paid back from the cash flow. And the loan that’s given for the project is also not based on the mortgages of the company. Rather it’s based on the assets and equipment of the project. If the project isn’t able to generate enough cash flow to pay off the loan, then the assets and equipment of the project would be taken over by the banks or institutions who gave the loan in the first place.
If you’re working in a project-based finance company then you know how important it is to know each and every detail of the deal. In this online project finance course, we will teach you everything about project finance. It’s a comprehensive course in project finance. But if you’re new to this, have a look at a few nitty-gritty of project finance for better understanding.
Important things to know in Project Finance
There’re multiple things to learn in project finance. In this section, we’re giving you a glimpse of how things work so that you can get an idea of how to have a big picture in your mind before starting off the course.
- Stage of financing: Usually companies who run operations on the basis of long term projects seek help from financiers when they’re almost 3 years old in their operation. At this moment, they feel the need to expand their horizon.
- Proof of concept: Financiers will not invest in the project until they see a valid document. The balance sheet won’t work in this case. So what to do? Financiers hire someone to do the financial modeling to get a forecast of cash flow that can be generated in the future. If it seems good enough for the financiers, they invest in the project.
- Level of risk: Usually the risk is much lower than corporate finance as when the financier is investing; the company is done with their honeymoon period.
- Returns: As the risk is lower and the pay-off (principal plus interest) would be done from the cash flow, the return is also lesser.
- Collaterals: The financier looks at the project assets and equipment as collaterals.
- Equity: In project finance, equity can be of various types. Equity comprises various direct investments including mezzanine debt, cash, grant or other forms of funds.
So you can understand that the main core of project finance is the proper ascertainment of projected cash flow. If you can learn to do that everything else would be easier. Think about both sides. Suppose, you’re on the side of the company who wants its project to be financed and you get financial modeling where financiers tell you that the project cash flow may become negative. If you know how to do the financial modeling for project finance, you can counter and can put a different proposal on the table. On the other hand, think yourself as the financier of a project. In this case also, if you know how to ascertain the projected cash flow, you don’t need to hire anyone to do the financial modeling for you.
Here’s the deal. If you learn this, you will be ahead of the rest of your peers. Let’s see what you will learn in this comprehensive project finance training in detail.
Industry Growth Trend
The wealth management platform market was valued at USD 1.52 Billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 3.20 Billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 13.4% during the forecast period. The base year considered for this report is 2016, and the forecast period is 2017–2022.
[Source – MarketsandMarkets]
$90,321 per year
Salary estimates are based on 5,836 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Finance Manager employees, users. The typical tenure for a Finance Manager is 2-4 years.
[Source – Indeed]
Which Tangible Project Finance Skills you will learn in this online Project Finance course?
Here are the top 5 skills that you will master from this project finance course
- Basic Excel: If you are a novice to excel, then you will pick up nuts and bolts of excel from this online project finance course. You will become efficient and feel confident about using excel in not only project finance but also at almost any kind of analysis.
- Advanced Excel: If you are already conversant with excel, this online project finance training will teach you advanced functions in excel that will equip you to handle complex data with ease. Pivot tables, what-if analysis, dynamic ranges, charts and graphs to name a few.
- Accounting: You will learn the art and science of financial statements, how they are analyzed and what to look at from an analysis point of view. Also, do have a look at this free finance for nonfinance course
- Project Finance Modeling in Excel: In this project finance course, you will learn how to prepare a Project Finance model from scratch. Here we take a case study of commencing a Car Parking lot and how to go about forecasting its Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flows of the Project. Additionally, we perform the feasibility analysis to check if the project yields the desired IRR, etc.
- Project Finance Modeling – Comprehensive: This online project finance course again provides you with the details of project finance but assuming that you now understand the basics of Project Finance. Here we again discuss another in-depth case study of financing a project and how to go about doing the feasibility analysis in excel.
Project Finance Training Projects
Certificate of Completion
You don’t need much to start this comprehensive project finance training. Only three basic things are required. Let’s look at them.
- Basic Computer Knowledge: You need to have at least basic computer knowledge to learn this. You can learn anywhere you choose. The only thing that is required is a laptop with an internet connection.
- Willingness to learn: This is the most important thing to have. If you have a willingness and passion to learn this project finance course, nothing can stop you. It’s said that if you want to do it, you will find a way; or else, you will find an excuse.
- Accounting and Excel knowledge will be helpful
If you want to learn, you can learn no matter whatever is your designation or profession. But to be precise, here’s the target audience for this comprehensive course –
- Project finance professionals (Head of Project Finance, Manager of Project Finance, etc.) should do this online project finance training.
- Even corporate finance and structured finance professionals can learn this course if they want to increase the depth and breadth of their knowledge.
- Accountant Analysts, Investment bankers, even any finance professional can also do this online project finance course.
- If you’re not working in the finance domain, then also you can take up this project finance training. Thus, project managers, students, and individuals from any profession can take up this course.
Online Project Finance Training FAQs – General Questions
Yes, you can view the demo videos. Please scroll below the videos.
Yes. You can take up this online project finance course if you have an eagerness to learn. Nothing else is required. We will teach you everything. From basic excel to project finance modeling, you will learn everything in this project finance course.
Definitely! You will learn so much from this online project finance course that after the course, you wouldn’t be the same again professionally. But you need to practice what you would learn from this project finance training; otherwise, it would be difficult for you to keep the pace of growth.
This is an excellent course if you’re a student from any field. We will start from zero so you won’t feel that you’ve left behind. Just follow the instruction of this project finance training.
This project finance training course is not only a refresher, but it’s a step by step guide to the entire online project finance course. You will learn everything about project finance even if you’re working as a professional. You will get to discover your strengths and improvement areas once you do this project finance course.
Learners at WallStreetMojo come from almost all places across the globe. Some of the top cities and countries include Hong Kong, Bangalore, New Delhi, Singapore, Melbourne, Sydney, Dubai, Riyadh, New York, San Francisco, California, Toronto, London, Berlin, UK, Pune, UAE, Australia, US, etc
You can pay by Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking from all the leading banks. Additional payment options include pay by PayPal and 2checkout.
If you do this online project finance course, you would be able to get an edge over your peers and your professional life will thrive. Let’s look at some of the career benefits you would get once you do this project finance course.
- Mastering Excel and Project Finance – You will master excel if you do this project finance course. Professionals are paying a lot of money and putting a lot of effort just to learn excel as this is one of the most important skills in professional life. But along with the project finance module, you will also learn basic excel and advanced excel which will help your professional life thrive.
- Project Finance is Complex- There are very few courses that teach you the nitty-gritty of project finance. Project finance is complex. We make it easy for you. Just enroll for this project finance training course and learn step by step and you’re done. And once you learn, you can take the same skill-sets into your professional life and convince your employer for a hike.
- Learn Complex Financial Models – In this online project finance course you will not only learn the computation of complex financial models, but you will also learn the fundamentals of project finance. There are many professionals who know the computation, but they don’t have any idea why they do what they do. You have a chance to stand out. You can take up this project finance training course and with practice can become an authority in project finance.
Completing The Cash Flow Statements
Introduction to Cash Flows
Non Recurring Items
Working on IRR and NPV
Course Reviews / Testimonials
This project finance course is very comprehensive and improves our acumen related to project finance. A good course to pursue. The course highlights bits & parts of project finance modeling which I liked thoroughly. It’s critical to understand every step in building a comprehensive model of project finance which is explained very briefly in this course. A must take course for finance students
The course has helped a lot in getting applying my knowledge of project finance modeling. The data set helped a lot in extrapolating all the various scenarios. This project finance training course gave me insight about how different techniques can be applied and thus helpful in many ways to how these techniques can help in predicting the future and thus minimizing risks and knowing the feasibility study about the project.
Project finance course covers nice learning about the subject and also helps to understand how to prepare project finance model. even the theoretical view gives crisp knowledge about project finance with practical examples to learn about project finance properly.
Very much helpful online project finance training course & the instructions are crisp & clear. This investment banking instruction video course has let me see a whole picture of an investment bank. The knowledge I gained in this video is more than what I have learned in school. School only taught me fundamental analysis, but what I need to know is about how the investment bank looks like in the real world. By seeing that picture, I can easily pick my career path. After watching this video, I clearly know what kind of job title that I should search online. I know what my goal is now.
This online project finance course provided an extensive coverage about project finance. Even if you’re a pro, it won’t hurt to make sure you’ve got everything covered. This has broken down sensitivity analysis, cash flow statements, balance sheet statements, income statements, capital expenditure and debt schedule, depreciation sheet and the assumption sheet. These are all integral to building a complete financial model. And everything is explained in depth with proper examples. Keep up the good work!