Project Finance Training (8 Courses with Case Studies)
Full Lifetime Access
Certificate of Completion
Project Finance Basics
Project Finance Modeling (Case Study)
Project Cost / IDC / Feasibility
Advanced Project Finance Modeling (Case Study)
Project Finance Report
Project Finance Course Details
This Project Finance Training course is a bundle of 8 courses with 30+ hours of video tutorials and Lifetime Access. This online project finance course is designed as a step by step guide to master the art of Project Finance. Not only you will learn the core basic skills but also you will be taken to the super advanced level of Project Finance.
Industry Growth Trend
[Source - MarketsandMarkets]
[Source - Indeed]
Additionally, after the completion of each of the 8 courses, you will be eligible for a verifiable certificate (you can showcase this unique link on Linkedin and other recruitment platforms)
- About Project Finance Course
- Project Finance Course Curriculum
- What is Project Finance?
- Important things to know in Project Finance
- Which Tangible Project Finance Skills you will learn in this project finance training?
- What are the pre-requisites to this training?
- Target Audience for Project Finance Course
- FAQ – General Questions on Project Finance Training
- Career Benefits of this Project Finance Training
- Sample Preview of this Project Finance course
- Project Finance Course Reviews
About Online Project Finance Training
|Courses||No. of Hours|
|Basic Microsoft Excel Training||4h 8m|
|MS Excel 2010 Training Course: Advanced||8h 4m|
|Accounting:01 - Income Statement||1h 57m|
|Accounting:02 - Balance Sheet||3h 37m|
|Accounting:03 - Cash Flows Analysis||1h 3m|
|Project Finance Modeling - From Novice to Expert||3h 33m|
|Project Finance||4h 7m|
|Project Finance Tutorials||5h 22m|
|Course||Online Project Finance Course|
|Deal||This is 8 course bundle. You get access to all courses as a bundle. No need to register for individual courses|
|Hours||30+ Video Hours|
|Core Coverage||Basic Excel, Advanced Excel, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows, Introduction to Project Finance, Basic Project Finance excel modeling, Advanced Project Finance excel modeling|
|Excel Templates Included?||Yes. All templates downloadable|
|Course Validity||Lifetime Access|
|Eligibility||Those who want to learn Project Finance can register for this online project finance course. No eligibility as such.|
|Pre-Requisites||None (Basic accounting and excel knowledge should help)|
|What do you get?||You get Certificate of Excellence for each of the 8 courses|
|Certification Type||Course Completion Certificates|
|Verifiable Certificates?||Each certificate can be uniquely verfied with an online link. You can include these certificate links in your resume, linkedin and more.|
|Type of Training||Self Paced Pre-recorded Video Lectures|
|System Requirement||1 GB RAM or higher|
|Other Requirement||Speaker / Headphone|
Project Finance Course Curriculum
|#1 – Microsoft Excel 2010 – For Beginners||Foundation||If you are new to excel, then do not skip this basic training on Excel. It is important to note that Project Finance cannot be done without Excel. In this excel course, you will learn data entry, usage of important formulas, formatting, references, formatting, usages of graphs and charts, shortcuts and common errors|
|#2 – Microsoft Excel 2010 – Advanced Training Course||Foundation||You simply cannot learn Project Finance without the knowledge of Advanced Excel Functions. Advanced excel Tutorials include whatifanalysis, arrays, pivot table, usage of names and dynamic ranges, form controls, advanced charts etc|
|#3 – Accounting – Income Statement Analysis||Foundation||new to Accounting Statements, then please do this module on Income statement as well as the other two modules on Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Analysis. In the income statement module, we discuss the importance of Income Statement, Key Margins, What they signifiy, Net profit, Depreciation and more|
|#4 – Accounting – Balance Sheet Analysis||Foundation||Knowing the balance sheet is extremely important. Here we look at the basics of Balance Sheet, its ocmposition – current assets, long term assets, current liability, long term liability, sharehoder’s equity etc|
|#5 – Accounting – Cash Flows Analysis||Foundation||Cash flow statements are very important for Project Finance. Here we look at Cash flow from operations, cash flow from financing and cash flow from investing in detail.|
|#6 – Project Finance Modeling – From Novice to Expert||Core Project Finance||This online project finance course is sub dividend into two parts –
a) All you wanted to know about Project Finance, what is it all about, estimating the cost of project, feasibility analysis, means of finance, risk analysis, important ratios
|#7 – Comprehensive Project Finance Modeling||Advanced Project Finance||In this course on Project finance modeling, we look at building the project finance model comprehensively. We look at Feasibility analysis, breakeven analysis, creditors turnover, and more.|
|#8 – Project Finance Tutorials||Project Finance||In this course, we shall be covering: Briefing on what is project finance and relevance, Agenda and road map, Understanding Dates function ( Necessary as basics clearance for project finance ), Incorporating delays, Interest during the construction period ( Case study ),Cash waterfall ( Case study )|
What is Project Finance?
There are exactly two ways to finance your company. You can either finance your operations via corporate finance or through project finance.
- If the company is operation/production based, then finance department usually chooses to go with corporate finance.
- But if the company is working for many clients and on long-term projects, then it’s prudent to go for project finance.
Unlike corporate finance, project finance is bit complex. The reason is while doing project finance, you won’t look at the balance sheet; rather you need to look the projected cash flow the project would be generating. The equity and debt would be paid back from the cash flow. And the loan that’s given for the project is also not based on the mortgages of the company. Rather it’s based on the assets and equipment of the project. If the project isn’t able to generate enough cash flow to pay off the loan, then the assets and equipment of the project would be taken over by the banks or institutions who gave the loan at the first place.
If you’re working in a project-based finance company then you know how important it is to know each and every detail of the deal. In this online project finance course, we will teach you everything about project finance. It’s a comprehensive course about project finance. But if you’re new to this, have a look at few nitty-gritty of project finance for better understanding.
Important things to know in Project Finance
There’re multiple things to learn in project finance. In this section, we’re giving you a glimpse of how things work so that you can get an idea how to have a big picture in your mind before starting off the course.
- Stage of financing: Usually companies who run operations on the basis of long term projects seek help from financier when they’re almost 3 years old in their operation. At this moment, they feel the need to expand their horizon.
- Proof of concept: Financiers will not invest in the project until they see a valid document. Balance sheet won’t work in this case. So what to do? Financiers hire someone to do the financial modeling to get a forecast of cash flow that can be generated in the future. If it seems good enough for the financiers, they invest in the project.
- Level of risk: Usually the risk is much lower than corporate finance as when the financier is investing; company is done with their honeymoon period.
- Returns: As the risk is lower and the pay-off (principal plus interest) would be done from the cash flow, the return is also lesser.
- Collaterals: The financier looks at the project assets and equipment as collaterals.
- Equity: In project finance, equity can be of various types. Equity comprises of various direct investments including mezzanine debt, cash, grant or other forms of funds.
So you can understand that the main core of project finance is the proper ascertainment of projected cash flow. If you can learn to do that everything else would be easier. Think about both sides. Suppose, you’re on the side of the company who want its project to be financed and you get a financial modeling where financiers tell you that the project cash flow may become negative. If you know how to do the financial modeling for project finance, you can counter and can put a different proposal on the table. On the other hand, think yourself as the financier of a project. In this case also, if you know how to ascertain the projected cash flow, you don’t need to hire anyone to do the financial modeling for you.
Here’s the deal. If you learn this, you will be ahead of rest of your peers. Let’s see what you will learn in this comprehensive project finance training in detail.
Which Tangible Project Finance Skills you will learn in this online Project Finance course?
Here are the top 5 skills that you will master from this project finance course
#1- Basic Excel –
If you are a novice to excel, then you will pick up nuts and bolts of excel from this online project finance course. You will become efficient and feel confident about using excel in not only project finance but also at almost any kind of analysis.
#2 – Advanced Excel –
If you already conversant with excel, this online project finance training will teach you advanced functions in excel that will equip you to handle complex data with easy. Pivot tables, what if analysis, dynamic ranges, charts and graphs to name a few.
#3 – Accounting –
You will learn the art and science of financial statements, how they are analyzed and what to look at from analysis point of view. Also, do have a look at this free finance for non finance course
#4 – Project Finance Modeling in Excel –
In this projet finance course, you will learn how to prepare a Project Finance model from scratch. Here we take a case study of commencing a Car Parking lot and how to go about forecasting its Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flows of the Project. Additionally, we perform the feasibility analysis to check if the project yields the desired IRR etc.
#5 – Project Finance Modeling – Comprehensive –
This online project finance course again provides you with the details of project finance, but assuming that you now understand the basics of Project Finance. Here we again discuss another in-depth case study of financing a project and how to go about doing the feasibility analysis in excel.
- 3+ Industry Projects
- Hands-on Instructor-led Case Studies
- Perform financial analysis on Live company data
- Build a financial & Valuation Model from scratch
- Forecast Target Price of Shares
- Showcase Projects in your CV/Linkedin
Project Finance Training Projects
Certificate of Completion
What are the pre-requisites to this Project Finance training?
You don’t need much to start this comprehensive project finance training. Only three basic things are required. Let’s look at them.
- Basic Computer Knowledge: You need to have at least basic computer knowledge to learn this. You can learn anywhere you choose. Only thing that is required is a laptop with internet connection.
- Willingness to learn: This is the most important thing to have. If you have willingness and passion to learn this project finance course, nothing can stop you. It’s said that if you want to do it, you will find a way; or else, you will find an excuse.
- Accounting and Excel knowledge will be helpful
Target Audience for online Project Finance Course
If you want to learn, you can learn no matter whatever is your designation or profession. But to be precise, here’s the target audience for this comprehensive course –
- Project finance professionals (Head of Project Finance, Manager of Project Finance etc.) should do this online project finance training.
- Even corporate finance and structured finance professionals can learn this course if they want to increase the depth and breadth of their knowledge.
- Accountant Analysts, Investment bankers, even any finance professional can also do this online project finance course.
- If you’re not working in finance domain, then also you can take up this project finance training. Thus, project managers, students and individuals from any profession can take up this course.
FAQ – General Questions on Online Project Finance Training
Can i see the Demo Videos of this Project Finance Course?
Yes, you can view the demo videos. Please scroll below the videos.
Can I take up this Project Finance course if I don’t have any finance experience?
Yes. You can take up this online project finance course if you have an eagerness to learn. Nothing else is required. We will teach you everything. From basic excel to project finance modeling, you will learn everything in this project finance course.
I’m from a different domain of finance. Would this Project Finance course help me create an edge over my peers?
Definitely! You will learn so much from this online project finance course that after the course, you wouldn’t be same again professionally. But you need to practice what you would learn from this project finance training; otherwise it would be difficult for you to keep the pace of growth.
From a student’s point of view, how effective is this project finance course?
This is excellent course if you’re a student from any field. We will start from zero so you won’t feel that you’re left behind. Just follow the instruction of this project finance training.
From a project finance professional’s point of view, how relevant this Project Finance course is?
This project finance training course is not only a refresher, but it’s a step by step guide to the entire online project finance course. You will learn everything about project finance even if you’re working as a professional. You will get to discover your strengths and improvement areas once you do this project finance course.
Where do learners come from?
Learners at WallStreetMojo come from almost all places across the globe. Some of the top cities and countries include Hong Kong, Bangalore, New Delhi, Singapore, Melbourne, Sydney, Dubai, Riyadh, New York, San Francisco, California, Toronto, London, Berlin, UK, Pune, UAE, Australia, US etc
What are the Payment Options?
You can pay by Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking from all the leading banks. Additional payment options include pay by PayPal and 2checkout.
Career Benefits of this Online Project Finance Training
If you do this online project finance course, you would be able to get an edge over your peers and your professional life will thrive. Let’s look at some of the career benefits you would get once you do this project finance course.
- Mastering Excel and Project Finance – You will master excel if you do this project finance course. Professionals are paying a lot of money and putting a lot of effort just to learn excel as this is one of the most important skills in professional life. But along with project finance module, you will also learn basic excel and advanced excel which will help your professional life thrive.
- Project Finance is Complex- There are very few courses which teach you nitty-gritty of project finance. Project finance is complex. We make it easy for you. Just enroll for this project finance training course and learn step by step and you’re done. And once you learn, you can take the same skill-sets into your professional life and convince your employer for a hike.
- Learn Complex Financial Models – In this online project finance course you will not only learn the computation of complex financial models, you will also learn the fundamentals of project finance. There are many professionals who know the computation; but they don’t have any idea why do what they do. You have a chance to stand out. You can take up this project finance training course and with practice can become an authority in project finance.
Sample Preview of this Project Finance course
Completing The Cash Flow Statements08.03
Introduction to Cash Flows07.24
Non Recurring Items09.18