Black Friday Offer
TAKE THIS BUNDLE
Venture Capital Course (with Case Studies)
Full Lifetime Access
Certificate of Completion
Venture Capital Basics
VC Modeling (2 Case Studies)
Startup Valuation Forecast
Pre-money/Post Money Valuation
Cap Table / Investor Return Analysis
What you get
Mobile App Access
This Venture Capital Course is a high impact course 2 Courses with 7+ hours of HD video tutorials and Lifetime Access. Along with this professionally made training program, you get a verifiable certificate of completion.Venture capital is a huge concept these days. If you are someone who has been thinking to build a start-up or want to explore future career potential in financial modeling, it is imperative to understand venture capital modeling.
Industry Growth Trend
[Source - MarketsandMarkets]
[Source - Indeed]
And if you want to learn venture capital modeling, this will help you take the leap.
You may ask how, but before going into the detail of how you can take the leap in the most convenient way; let’s talk a little about venture capital and venture capital modeling.
- Course Description
- Additional Information
- Target Audience
- Career benefits
- Course Testimonials
Overview of Venture Capital
Venture capital is one of the popular ways to raise capital.
Since taking loan from the bank has been increasingly difficult (because of the asset backing required for the loan), venture capital is a way through which start-ups and micro and small businesses raise capital.
Venture capitalists look at the business model, analyses the revenue potential for the company, and then decide to invest in the project.
Though every venture capitalist has their way of looking at a business, as a start-up owner or small business founder, you need to submit two things.
- First, you need submit a business plan. This business plan can either be presented in front of a pool of investors or it should be created in a format of report and can be showcased to the venture capitalist.
- Second, you need to prepare a dedicated venture capital financial model which will show the venture capitalist why investing into your idea or project would be great investment for her.
Business plan is quite popular because it is talked about a lot. But what’s not talked about much is venture capital financial model which is equally important, if not more.
Now imagine that you know how to prepare a great venture capital financial model and present it in front of the investors. Preparing the model yourself will help you point out the key figures to the investor to turn him into your source of capital.
Or else, even if you don’t prepare the venture capital financial model; if you know how it works, you can analyse further whenever your financial analyst delivers the model to you.
Also, have a look at this beginners guide to Venture Capital
Basically, this is one of rare skills that you can master by investing few hours of training.
Want to know how?
Let’s look at this Venture Capital course description below –
Venture Capital Course Description
First, let’s look at what you would learn in this Venture Capital Training.
To understand what venture capital financial modeling is; you need to understand each step quite well. That’s why this course is designed for you if you have no idea what venture capital modeling is all about.
The whole course is divided into eight distinct segments and each one will teach you the concepts and the fundamentals in detail.
Let’s have a look –
Part 1 – Introduction to Venture Capital Modeling (2 hours)
|Courses||No. of Hours|
|Venture Capital Modeling||2h 32m|
|Advanced Venture Capital Modeling||5h 35m|
|Introduction to Venture Capital Modeling:||In this first segment of this venture capital course, you will learn an overview of what venture capital. This section is important for those who have no idea about what venture capital modeling is all about.|
|Getting started||In this section, first you will learn about the brief history of venture capital modeling (VCM). Understanding the history will help you find the right perspective about how it originated and how it thrived. Then you will get an idea about the lifecycle of venture capital modeling. Finally, you will learn about the broad head of venture capital modeling in this section.|
|Cash Flow Example||Finding out the free cash flow is quite significant while valuing a company or a business. In this section, you will go through a detailed free cash flow example which will help you understand how you can compute free cash flow and how to implement your understanding in a practical situation.|
|Company Valuation and Money Valuation||This is the second most important section of this course. You will learn the nitty-gritty of the course in this segment. First, you will learn about company valuation. Then you will get to understand the structure of the company valuation. Then you will learn about the pre and post money valuation (which very few courses talk about). After these, you will learn about the capitalization table and capitalization table venture capital.|
|Calculating Investor Return||A venture capitalist will first look at how much return he would get by investing money into one project. That’s why learning about this is the most important part of this course. If you know how to calculate the investor return, you can highlight this area to attract the venture capitalist to invest into your project. In this segment, you will learn how you can calculate investor return in detail.|
|Return Analysis and Total Equity Valuation||In this segment, you will learn about the return analysis and total equity valuation with practical examples.|
|Internal Rate of Return (IRR) Calculation||In this segment, you will learn two important things. First, you will learn about the internal rate of return with detailed example. And then you will learn the free cash flow calculation. Remember in one previous segment, you have already seen how to calculate free cash flow. This is the extension of that segment.|
|Summary||Finally, in this last segment, the instructors will recapitulate the whole thing in brief manner. This segment is important because once you consume so much; you may think how they all are connected. This segment is designed to give you an overview of what you have learned till now, what you can do with the information you have, and why this information is useful in building a practical venture capital financial model. You will get the best out of this venture capital course if you learn each section and pause and practise each lesson on your own. Remember, practice is the key here.|
Part 2 – Advanced Venture Capital Modeling (5 hours )
|Deal Process||Here we discuss the concept of deal process, receipt of the proposal, and the considerations for entrepreneurs|
|Modeling Assumptions||Here we take project Titan, we create assumptions, build the model, put the investment assumptions and consider Capitalization Assets and compensations|
|Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flows||In this you will learn to build the financial model of the startup by forecasting sales, sales and marketing expenses, general admin expenses, its balance sheet and cash flow statements|
|Assumption of Capital Modeling||Here you will look at time period assumptions, functions for the quarter, payment on long-term debt, building an offset formula, calculating total headcount and more|
|Valuation (Pre-Post Money)||Finally, here you will look at analyzing the valuation table, calculating the funding rounds, pre-money and post-money valuation etc|
Also, have a look at our Private Equity Course
You also need to know few things about this Venture Capital Training course.
- First of all, this venture capital ourse is to the point. All you need is 4 hours and you would be good to go. You can block one of your weekends and can learn a valuable skill in one/two sittings.
- Secondly, there are 21 videos to watch. So you can watch one video, pause the course, practise what you learn, and can resume your learning.
- Thirdly, this course on venture capital is particularly designed for beginners. If you don’t have any idea about venture capital or venture capital modeling, you can easily learn the nitty-gritty of venture capital modeling and would be able to create your own venture capital modeling.
- Fourthly, this course is so easy to do that you cannot have any excuse. You can sit anywhere you want (yes, even during a vacation) and learn the lessons. This course is also designed to give you space so that you don’t need to learn so much in a go. If you want to learn a bit and then come back later, you can do so. This course is so flexible that it offers you learning at your own pace and with all the convenience you require.
Certificate of Completion
There are few requirements for this course. Let’s have a look –
- Willingness to learn this valuable skill: To some of the students, this venture capital course may not seem relevant. Yes, this course is not for everyone. That’s why the first requirement of this course is to be willing to do this course. You need to do soul-searching and find out whether you’re interested in doing this course or not. Only going through the course isn’t enough; ask this – “am I willing to put in the work to apply what you learn?” If the answer is “yes”, go for this course.
- Basic knowledge in finance: It is important that you have a basic familiarity with financial terms and few fundamental concepts to do this course. If this is the first course in finance for you, you would still be able to relate. But to get the best out of this course, a fundamental knowledge in finance would be quite essential.
- A device and an internet connection: You can learn this course on any device.
Target Audience of this Venture Capital Training
- Students of finance: To a student of finance this is a must-do course. If you have the interest to become an investment banker or a venture capital analyst, this course will be the first step toward a glorious career.
- MBA/BBA Students: If you are pursuing MBA in Finance or BBA, this course can be ideal for you. No matter what you do after completing your course (job or entrepreneurship), this course will help you understand how an organization raises capital and you would also be able to learn how to create venture capital financial models to attract the venture capitalists to your project.
- Start-up entrepreneurs: If you plan to raise money from a venture capitalist, it’s great to do this course. If you do this course, you will be able to learn a valuable skill which will help you convince the venture capitalists and attract them towards your projects.
- Investment banking associates: If you have been working as investment banking associates, doing this course will help you remain ahead of your competition and you will also be able to learn a critical skill of your profession.
#1 – Why should I do this Venture Capital course?
There is no reason why you wouldn’t. If it seems relevant to you why wouldn’t you do it when –
- You can do this course within 4 short hours.
- This is the most comprehensive course on venture capital modeling.
- With practice, you can build a skill that is so valuable in finance field.
- Plus you can do the course whenever you want at whatever pace you want to learn.
#2 – I’m not from finance background. Should I do this venture capital course?
Yes and no. Yes, because if you are interested to learn this new skill, you should go for it. Having a different background shouldn’t stop you from learning anything new. No, if you don’t have any interest or desire to implement this skill in your professional life, or if this skill isn’t relevant at all to your professional field.
#3 – I’m pro in building financial models. Is this the right course for me?
This course is designed for the beginners. If you feel that you can recapitulate the concepts once again, you’re more than welcome to do the course. If you’re a pro, this venture capital course may turn out to be a great refresher for you.
Sample Preview of Venture captial
Career benefits of this Venture Capital Course
- Add tremendous value to your professional life: This course is a great addition to your professional kitty. If you’re someone who is already in the finance field, this course would be a great value addition to you.
- It can be a foundation for your career: If you are a student and want to be a financial analyst or want to start on your own, this course can be a great foundation for your career.
- You would be ahead of your peers: If you do this course, you would certainly be ahead of your peers and as a result, you would be able to add greater value to your organizations.