This Financial Modeling Course is a bundle of 10 courses with 50+ hours of HD video tutorials and Lifetime Access. Along with this professionally made training program, you get verifiable certificates for each of the 10 courses!
In this course, you will learn modeling of different sectors like Capital goods, Banking Sector, Real Estate, Telecom and more. This financial modeling course is designed for students and professionals who want to master excel modeling skills.
- About Financial Modeling course
- Financial Modeling Course Curriculum
- What Financial Modeling?
- Which Tangible Financial Modeling Skills you will learn in this course?
- What are the requirements / pre-requisites to this Training?
- Sample Preview of this course
- Target Audience for this training
- Financial Modeling Course FAQs – General Questions
- Career Benefits of this Financial Modeling training
- Financial Modeling Course Review / Testimonials
About Financial Modeling course
|Course||Financial Modeling Course|
|Deal||10 financial modeling course bundle. You do not have to buy each of them separately. You get access to all the 10 courses once you register for this bundle|
|Hours||50+ Video Hours|
|Core Coverage||Financial Modeling, Discounted Cash Flows, Banking Sector Valuations, Real Estate Sector, Petro-chemical Sector, Islamic Banking Financial Modelling, Capital Goods, Telecommunication, Automobile, Broad Casting Sector Financial Modeling|
|Excel Templates Included?||Yes, Excel templates and financial models are downloadable.|
|Course Validity||Lifetime Access. Unlimited viewing of financial modeling training videos.|
|Eligibility||No eligibility as such. You should have keen interest in learning.|
|Pre-Requisites||Basic knowledge of accounting and Excel is required. If you are new to these then you can first take the course on Equity Research Training, where you will learn Excel, accounting, valuations from scratch.|
|What do you get?||Certificate of Excellence for each of the 10 courses|
|Certification Type||Course Completion Certificates|
|Verifiable Certificates?||Yes, Unique verifiable certificates. You can showcase these verifiable certificates by providing this URL in your resume or adding it to your LinkedIn Profile|
|Type of Training||Self Paced Video Course|
|System Requirement||1 GB RAM or higher|
|Other Requirement||Speaker / Headphone|
Financial Modeling Course Curriculum
|S. No||Course Name||Description|
|1||Financial Modeling of Siemens AG||In this financial modeling of Siemens AG (German headquartered), you will learn how to build analyze the historical of Siemens and forecast its financial statements – Balance Sheet, Cash Flows and Income Statement. Here, you will also learn how to value Siemens using Discounted Cash Flow approach. Some important tips of Financial modeling are also discussed including checking errors in the model, how to break circularity in your model etc|
|2||Banking Sector Financial Modeling – Bank of America||In this financial modeling course, we take the case study of Bank of America. Financial Modeling of Banking is very different from the financial modeling of other sectors. In this modeling exercise, we start from scratch, pick the SEC filings of Bank of America and populate the historical in Excel. Thereafter we look at how to systematically forecast the each of the financial statements. Here we look at the drivers of each line items like the Gross Loans, Allowances, Interest Rates etc. Finally, we look at how valuation of Banks are different from that of other companies. We look at Price to Book Value approach to Value Bank of America.|
|3||Financial Modeling of Petrochemical Sector||In this financial model of Petrochemical company, we learn the nuances of this sector along with how to do the ratio analysis of this company. Additionally, you will learn step by step how to forecast the financial statement of a petrochemical company and value such a sector.|
|4||Financial modeling – Real Estate Sector||This course gives a brief idea about valuing the companies in real estate sector, the revenue and cost drivers, forecasting the future financials and the stock price recommendation. Furthermore, it gives an idea how to prepare a report on the sector and companies. As a first step we learn how to build a real estate financial model from scratch and secondly, we look at how to write a recommendation report (BUY/SELL) on the same.|
|5||JPMorgan Bank Financial Modeling||This is another banking sector modeling that we take on JPMorgan Chase Bank. It is one of the best known banks with a very strong balance sheet. Additionally, its different segments like commercial banking, investment banking, trading makes this case study even more interesting. In this case study, we learn to built JPMorgan Model from scratch. We learn about Financial Statement comparisons, regulatory requirements, loan portfolio forecasting, Loan Loss reserve forecasting, balance sheet projections, Interest bearing Assets and Liabilities, Income Statement and cash flows Projections, Linking the Financial Statements, Capital Adequacy and Dividends & Stock Repurchase.|
|6||Islamic Banking Modeling||Islamic Banking is no more less than the generalized banking structure but it follows certain Islamic Rules & Regulations for its operations & working. This course on Understanding an Islamic Banking will help you to learn about the Islamic Banking and its functions and process what it follows.
This course on Islamic Banking will help you to learn about the Islamic Banking Structure, difference in revenue drivers for Islamic Banking, also you will be learning about the difference in cost drivers, how does top line calculations is done, you will be also learning how to forecast the Profit & Loss a/c and balance sheet, and do’s and don’ts of Islamic Banking Structure.
|7||Equity Research of Capital Goods Industry (Praj Industries)||As Praj is involved into the ethanol segment so we will understand how ethanol is made and then we will project the demand of petrol. Once we will understand the ethanol projections, we will start creating assumption sheet, wherein we will project order flows for ethanol, brewery and emerging segment for the company over the period of next 2 years. We will also create Asset schedule and debt schedule to project depreciation and interest cost. Once we will complete the projection of depreciation and interest cost, we will finally project other income. Post completing the projection of income statement, we project working capital and complete the projection for balance sheet and thereby cash flow statement. At last, we will project the target value of the stock through forward PE ratio, for which we will understand how to create 1 year and 2 year forward P/E chart.|
|8||Financial Modeling – Indian Telecommunication Sector||In this telecom sector financial modeling course, we take the case study of Idea Cellular (Indian Telecom company). Here, you will learn about the Indian telecom sector, industry dynamics etc. You will learn how to build a financial model by downloading annual reports and populating the financials from scratch. We look at industry revenue drivers and build the revenue sheet, cost sheet, depreciation schedule, working capital schedule, shareholder’s equity schedule, debt schedule and more. Additionally, we look at how to value the company using the DCF approach as well as relative valuation tools and techniques.|
|9||Financial Modeling – Automobile Sector||Here we have picked an Indian automobile company – Mahindra and Mahindra. Here you will learn the basics of Indian automobile sector that has been growing at a frenetic pace. Automobile contributes around 7% to the Indian’s GDP. The projections are done by preparing different schedules like revenue- build up, cost sheet, working capital management schedule, Debt schedule etc. This Financial Modeling course is equipped with the video tutorials to prepare a financial model of Mahindra and Mahindra. We also look at valuation – DCF as well as relative valuations along with its sensitivity analysis|
|10||Financial Modeling – Time Warner||In this financial modeling course on Broadcasting sector, we have picked US Based Time Warner as an example. e tutorials will explain you how the broadcasting sector works in US, performing the fundamental analysis (Horizontal, vertical and ratio analysis), forecasting the future financials of Time Warner and interpreting the EPS of the company.|
What Financial Modeling?
Financial Modeling in the context of Investment Banking and Financial Research is all about projecting company’s financial statements in a methodological way so as to understand the future of financial fundamentals of the company.
To put it in layman’s terms, financial modeling is a step by step approach to forecast the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flows. Company’s management only provide financials of time period that has already passed, however, for better understanding of the company’s future, analysts project the financials using Financial Modeling.
As seen from the diagram above, the approach to financial modeling is as per below –
- Download the historical financial statements and populate the income statement, balance sheet and cash flows for the past 5-6 years.
- Under the Financial Statements of the historical and calculate the Ratios using Financial Statement analysis
- Start projecting each and every line item of the financial statements. Generally we start with the Income Statement and start with the Revenue Built-up schedule.
- Thereafter, the cost schedule, working capital schedule, depreciation and amortization schedule is made.
- Finally, with the completion of shareholder’s equity schedule and debt schedule, you are able to project the Financial Statements of the next 5-6 years of the company.
- With this enhanced knowledge of projected financials, we are able to perform DCF and Relative valuations to find the fair price of the company.
Which Tangible Financial Modeling Skills you will learn in this course?
- Master Excel
- Navigating the Financial Statements
- Downloading and populating Financial Statements in Analyst friendly format
- Professional Financial Modeling – Step by step
- Valuations – Discounted Cash Flows and Relative Valuations
- Find the Target Price of the stock and suggest Buy/Sell
- Sector Knowledge of Banking Sector, Automobile, Broadcasting, Capital Goods etc
- Banking Financial Modeling (this one is different from other sector modeling)
What are the requirements / pre-requisites to this Training?
- The most important pre-requisite for this financial modeling course is your desire and passion to learn this most important skill in Finance.
- Second, if you know basic accounting, then it should help a lot. In this course, we start with the assumption that you know financial statement and financial statement analysis.
- Third which i feel is equally important is about your excel know-how. Basic excel knowledge is required to proceed in this course.
Sample Preview of this course
Here are some of the sample videos of this financial modeling course. Click on the icons below to view the samples –
Target Audience for this training
You can think of Financial Modeling as the “Heart of Finance”. If you wish to make a career in Finance, then you must master Financial Modeling. This course can be taken by you if you are one of the following –
- Passionate about Finance and want to learn become Pro in this.
- Executives, Business Planning and Strategy Executives.
- Managers working in Banks
- Equity Research Analysts
- Investment Bankers
- Portfolio Managers
- Commercial Bankers
- Risk Managers
- It’s an added advantage for those people who are pursuing CPA, ACCA, MBA, CFA, FRM and Commerce graduates.
- Also the candidates having Degree, Diploma, in technical fields like B. Tech or Engineering who wants to make a career in finance
Financial Modeling Course FAQs – General Questions
Would this course add value to my profession?
You should not doubt this one. Financial Modeling skill is a core skill that each student in Finance should master. Financial Modeling when added to your resume as core skills should invite shortlists from Investment Banking and research firms.
If I’m already in the profession, should I do these financial modeling courses?
Yes, this course can be a refresher course for you. In addition, we have taken companies from different sector and countries to provide you variety of analysis. This financial modeling course will help you to brush the basics but also will provide you with detailed knowledge of Best Practices in Financial Modeling.
Can professionals from other domains enroll for this financial modeling course?
Yes. If you are in other profession then also you can look forward to learning Financial Modeling. As iterated earlier, Financial Modeling can be used in organization for decision making, budgeting, forecasting and planning.
Is it a quick-fix or I need to keep on practicing the skills I would learn from this course?
You’ve already answered the question yourself. You will learn a great deal and many skills from this course. But to maintain it, you need to be constantly in touch. You need to set out some time to practice whatever you learn from this course to get the maximum benefits.
Where do learners come from?
WallStreetMojo’s financial modeling courses are taken by professionals and students across teh globe. Some of the top cities and countries where our students come from are Hong Kong, New York, San Fransicco, Singpore, New Jersey, Dubai, UAE, Riyadh, Bahrain, Lagos, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UK, New Delhi, Pune, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkatta, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, India, Sydney, Australia, New Zealand etc.
Can i see the Demo Videos?
Yes, you can view the demo videos above.
What are the Payment Options?
You can pay by Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking from all the leading banks. Additional payment options include pay by PayPal and 2checkout.
Career Benefits of this Financial Modeling training
Financial modeling has wide usages and you will learn the following tangible skills
- Business Valuations – With this financial modeling course, you will learn how to value a buisness and prepare forecasts in a professional manner.
- Financial Modeling for organizational decision making – You can use financial modeling as a dcision making tool. It helps in scenario modeling and future planning for company’s decision making process.
- Deciding on the cost of capital of new projects – With financial modeling, you will be able to find the right cost of capital mix for your company and new projects.
- Capital Budgeting – Financial Modeling helps companies determine allotting resources for major expenditure or investment etc.