NCFM vs NISM. Both NCFM Certification and NISM Certification offer courses for candidates who are interested in developing and shaping their career in the stock market, the derivatives, the mutual fund industry and also for general public who would want to know more about the financial market.
The article is articulated in this order:
- NCFM vs NISM Infographics
- What is NSE’s Certification in Financial Markets (NCFM)?
- What is National Institute of Securities Market (NISM)?
- NCFM vs NISM Exam Requirements
- Why pursue NCFM?
- Why pursue the NISM?
NCFM vs NISM Infographics
Reading time : 90 seconds
Lets understand the difference between these two streams with the help of this NCFM vs NISM Infographics.
What is NCFM (National Stock Exchange) Certification of Financial Markets)?
Might really sound scary to you however the same is not as scary as it sounds. The NSE has started up NCFM as an institute in order to develop a group of skilled human resources having proficiency in particular segments of the market and the industry to guide the audiences who participate in the market. A number of certifications are conducted under NCFM title to train people working in the financial industry in order to follow code of conduct set by the regulator that is the SEBI (Stock Exchange Board of India) and also to acquire required skills and knowhow in order to know the working or the system and guide the audiences accordingly. NCFM believes in human expertise more than technology for they believe that the person providing sales and service in the industry should have proper knowledge about it.
What is NISM (National Institute of Securities Markets)?
NISM is a an Indian public’s trust that provides education of the financial markets and also maintains a standard of financial literacy by developing and improving financial education for people working in the finance industry. This institute was set up by the regulator itself that is the SEBI in the year 2006. NISM adds quality through initiating educative programs for the participants of this industry. NISM is provided strategic guidance by an international advisory council. NISM consists of 6 different schools for different certification they are named below
- School for Investor Education and Financial Literacy (SIEFL)
- School for Certification of Intermediaries (SCI)
- School for Securities Information and Research (SSIR)
- School for Regulatory Studies and Supervision (SRSS)
- School for Corporate Governance (SCG)
- School for Securities Education (SSE)
These schools provide knowledge, to people involved in buying and selling assets in the security market, to people employed directly and indirectly through financial institutions, people involved in research of the securities market and also to people involved in supervising the market including the ministers and officers. It also conducts workshops and conferences for corporate governance. The motive of this institute is to provide education as per the framework, the mission and vision of NISM in order to prepare competent professionals who are capable enough to serve the security markets.
NCFM vs NISM exam requirements
- Register online for these course and book a slot of the suitable date and time for yourself.
- You can download the course material online or can order the same from the institute as well.
- Different examinations have different passing percentages to that need to be attained. Some examinations also have negative marking
- Only if you clear the examination online with the required passing percentage you will be a certified professional
- To appear for any NISM certificate you need to fill in the online registration form that is available on their website
- Then you need to enroll for the certification of your choice by filling in the enrollment form
- The examination needs to be appeared for with 180 days of the enrollment
- After that you can choose the examination center and slot available online.
- Preparation of the examination needs to be done with the help of study material available online and after that an online exam need to be given where the results are declared right after you finish the exam.
Why pursue NCFM?
NCFM certification focuses on critical elements of the financial sector; their main aim is to provide knowledge and expertise to professionals working for the financial industry. Because there is no formal education or training for financial markets in India these certifications for various fields of the industry are very significant in adding value to your career. NCFM has emerged with a variety of levels of qualifications, specializations and orientations in all areas and parts of the industry. The entire process of testing and scoring for the assessments is absolutely automated. These tests are important as it tests the candidate the ability, his practical knowledge and his skill required to operate and perform in the financial market.
Why pursue NISM?
This institute is established by the SEBI, in the best interest of the investors and guiding the employees working in and throughout the industry in knowing and understanding the financial markets. Providing financial literacy and financial education to the participants of the market is the main focus of this institute. SEBI seeks to add quality to the financial market by initiating quality financial education.
Other comparisons you may find useful –