Self-study guides to help you master Private Equity
Looking for making a career in Private Equity?
This hub is an excellent resource on learning nuts and bolts of Private Equity.
What do you want to learn?
Private Equity Fundamentals
In order to learn the basics of private equity, you should start with this Complete Beginner's Guide to Private Equity. With this article, I aim to provide you with deeper insights on what is private equity, its structure, fees, how it is like working as a private equity analyst, top private equity firms and more. Once you have a basic understanding of Private Equity, you can then look at these in-depth articles on private equity fundamentals.
- Private Equity Analyst - This article's primary aims is to help you understand the role of Private Equity Analyst. We look at how they conduct research, perform ratio analysis and due diligence, tools used for valuing private companies and more.
- How to Get Into Private Equity? - So you have decided to make a career in Private Equity. Here I present to you many ideas which you can use to get into Private Equity. Additionally, we also talk about how your background can affect your chances of getting into Private Equity.
- What is Growth Capital? - Growth capital is the form of capital required by relatively larger companies to expand or restructure their operations. Here we discuss why growth capital is important for such companies for accelerated growth.
- Term Sheet in Private Equity - Once the private equity firm has decided to invest in the Target company, then it is time to sign the basic agreement (some portion of it may be legally binding as well). The term sheet, in general, enlists the valuation, terms of investment, share allocation, confidentiality and many other provisions.
- Limited Partners (LP) vs General Partners (GP - The broad difference between LP and GP is that the LP (or limited partners) are the one who invests their money in the Private Equity Fund and GP (or General Partners) are those who manage the Fund and decide on which target companies to invest into.
- Clawback in Private Equity & Employment Contracts - Clawback is widely used in Private Equity. It is a special clause that is added to the employment or Financial contract wherein the person has to return the bonus or perks in case of special circumstances.
- Types of Alternative Investments | Private Equity - In this article, we look at the various types of Alternative Investments and how Private Equity is one of its most important forms.
Comparisons with other careers
- Investment Banking vs Private Equity - Investment Banking is all about raising capital for various business, advising them for M&A, asset allocation, restructuring and more. However, Private Equity Fund invests in companies that are expected to grow and return greater return on their investments.
- Equity Research vs Private Equity - Equity research is basically performing financial analysis on the company and suggesting Buy or Sell on the company's stock. For more details for the differences, please read the article in detail.
- Private Equity vs Hedge Fund - Hedge Funds are alternative investments done by pooling funds involving a number of strategies to earn high returns for the investors. Private Equity invest in companies to generate higher returns for their Investors. Read more for details.
- Project Finance vs Private Equity -Project finance is basically financing the project, often quite large like Oil Assets etc from different sources of funds. Read more to understand their key differences.
- What is Venture Capital? - Venture Capital is those set of investors who invest in early stages companies with high growth potential. In this article, you learn the nuts and bolts of Venture Capital in detail.
- Venture Capitalist Salary - Venture capitalist salaries are divided into three parts - Fixed Salary, Bonus and Carried Interest. Carried Interest is the share of profit that Venture capital firms receive once they earn a higher profit than the hurdle rate.
- Private Equity vs Venture Capital - In this article, we understand the key difference between Private Equity and Venture Capital. Venture Capitalist primarily invest in early stages companies, whereas, Private Equity invests in larger mature companies. Read this article for details.
Private Equity Books
- Best Private Equity Books - Here is the list of Top 5 best Private Equity Books that you can read and enlighten yourselves on Private Equity.
- Best Venture Capital Books - Here I have compiled the list of Top 10 best Venture Capital Books that you must read.
Private Equity Region Wise
- Private Equity in Brazil - In this article, we will explore all aspects of Private Equity in Brazil and will try to provide you with an accurate picture of Brazil’s PE market.
- Private Equity in Dubai - In this article, we will investigate How does the whole world perceive Private Equity in Dubai? Has Dubai been raising billions to satisfy the thirst of the market? Also, you will find further details of the recruitment process, culture, and salaries.
- Private Equity in Mexico - Learn all about the Private Equity market in Mexico, salaries, job opportunities etc.
- Private Equity in Australia - In this article, we will look at all the aspects of private equity in Australia.
- Private Equity in Saudi Arabia - Here I list the details of Private Equity Market in Saudi Arabia along with top private equity firms in Saudi Arabia. Also, you will find further details of the recruitment process, culture, and salaries.
- List of Top Private Equity Firms - Here is the list of Top 10 Private Equity Firms in the world.
Private Equity Courses
If you want to master the concepts of Private Equity, then you may consider this Private Equity Training (9 courses bundle with 35+ video tutorials). This covers everything that a Private Equity Analyst should know - Successful PEs, PE Structure, Private Equity Strategies, Private Equity Fund, Private Equity Modeling, Term Sheet, Excel, Accounting, Ratio Analysis, Valuations, Financial Modeling Discounted Cash Flows