Free Billing Invoice Template
A billing invoice template is used upon any sales made the transaction between a buyer and a seller or a dealer and a purchaser. It is issued by the seller to the buyer. A standard billing invoice records all the details concerning the details of the seller company as well as the buyer company along with the date and invoice number.
The details of the seller company that must be provided in the billing invoice are its name, official address, contact numbers, email id, fax, and registration number. In comparison, the details of the buyer company must necessarily include its name, corporate address, contact numbers, and email id. The invoice number and dates must be mandatorily mentioned in the billing invoice. The issuing company must also provide a unique reference number in the billing invoice.
Once these details are provided, the seller company must start the billing mechanism in the invoice. They can mention the serial number, date, description of the products or services offered to the client, a quantity of these products or services, per unit price, and then accordingly calculate the total for each line that is products or services.
Once all entries are passed in the invoice, the company must add all the line totals to arrive at sub-total. Then subtract the discount along with advance paymentsAdvance PaymentsAdvance payment is made by a buyer to the seller before the actual scheduled time of receiving the goods and services. It protects the seller from the risk of non-payment. Additionally, it helps sellers financially in the production of the goods or rendering of services. and add applicable taxes and dues from previous transactions made with the same client to arrive at the net total. Once the net total is ascertained, the company must cross-check the invoice to confirm that the same is free of any errors.
About the Template
A billing invoice template is a formal document issued by the seller to the buyer, and it signifies the actual amount that the seller needs to pay to the buyer against the products or services that he or she has purchased from the former. Billing invoice is also necessary for the buyers since it acts as documented proof against the services they have availed or products they have purchased from the buyer. The buyer can use an invoice in case the products or services that he has purchased from the buyer were not up to the market or have failed to meet the expectations. The buyer can use this invoice if the products are in warranty period and in cases of getting them exchanged or repaired or sometimes in the cases of claiming refunds as well. A standard template will have all the necessary details that are concerning to the buyer and the seller. Following are the common details:
- Heading in the template will remain intact. It will give the idea to the user about the nature of the template.
- The seller company name, full address, contact numbers, email id, fax, and registration number must be provided in the template.
- The details of the company against whom the invoice is being raised must also be provided. The details of the buyer company like its name, address, contact numbers, and email id should be noted in the invoice. In some cases, the buyer company can be an individual customer as well, and in that case, just name, mobile number, and address would be sufficient enough.
- The invoice must also be infused with date, invoice number, and a unique reference number as well.
- Once all these details are provided, the seller company must come to the main segment that is the billing part. Here it will need to provide all the necessary information regarding the dates of purchase, description of the products or services, quantity, per unit price, and then calculate the line total (multiplying quantity with per unit price).
- The line totals must be then added to ascertain the sub-total. The invoice must be cross-verified before being issued to the client, and duly authorized by the seller as well. Once payments clear, the seller must mention paid on the invoice to keep track of the payments that are received.
How to Use This Billing Invoice Template?
One must follow, following steps to use this template:
- The person using the Billing Invoice template has to enter all the details as required in the fields that are not already pre-filled.
- Firstly the details pertaining to name, address, zip code, country, contact numbers, email id, and registration number must be mentioned along with the invoice number and the date of invoice as well.
- Once all these details are filled, he must go ahead with filling his customer’s or client’s details like name, address, zip code, country, contact numbers, and email id.
- Once all these details are adequately provided and cross-examined, the user must forward it to the billing segment. Here he will need to mention the date on which the transactions took place, description along with the number of products or services, price per unit, and accordingly evaluate the line total for each transaction.
- The line total can simply be ascertained by multiplying the price per unit with a number of products and services. Once all inputs are provided, and the line total is calculated automatically, but the user must cross-verify all these details and calculations.
- All the line totals must be added to arrive at the subtotal and in that the taxes must be added to arrive at the final amount. The invoice must be duly authorized and provided to the client, and once the payments are cleared, the seller must mention paid in the same.
This article has been a guide to the Billing Invoice Template. Here we provide you with a free downloadable billing invoice template that is used for a formal document issued by the seller to the purchaser. Also, you can download and use this template in PDF, Excel, or google sheet format.
You can also take a look at our other useful articles-