Investment Banking Basics
Investment Banking Tutorials
- Investment Banking Basics
- What is Investment Banking? (Overview of what do they actually do!)
- Investment Banking vs Commercial Banking
- Equity Research in an Investment Bank
- What is Asset Management Company AMC
- Sales and Trading in Investment Banking
- Private Placement, IPO and FPO in Investment Banking
- Investment Banking – Underwriters and Market Makers
- Investment Banking – Mergers and Acquisitions
- Investment Banking – Restructuring and Reorganisation
- Investment Banking Roles and Responsibilities
- Market Makers
- Propreitary Trading
- Deal Origination (Sourcing)
- Initial Public Offering (IPO)
- Top 4 Must Know Investment Banking Charts
- Pitch Book
- What is LBO?
- Leverage buyout Lbo Analysis
- LBO Financing
- Trading Floor
- Market Order vs Limit Order
- Merchant Bank
- Best Investment Banking Books
- Nasdaq vs Dow Jones
- Nasdaq vs Nyse
- Differences Between NSE and BSE
Investment Banking Basics Overview
Learn the basics of Investment Banking like the Industry structure, the kind of products and instruments investment bankers deal with, work structure, departments etc.
Here we discuss the basics of Investment Banking -
- Overview of what investment bankers actually do?
- What is a PitchBook in Investment Banking?
- What is Leveraged Buyout Analysis
- Learn the top 4 Investment Banking Charts
- Investment Bankers Roles and Responsibilities
- Various functions in Investment Banking including Equity Research, Sales and Trading, Underwriting, Market Making and more.
- Differences between Investment Banking and Commercial Banking
- List of Best Investment Banking Books
Learn the Basics of Investment Banking
In this article on the basics of Investment Banking, we discuss the key differences with Commercial banks, roles of Equity Research, Sales and Trading, Asset Management, etc
Investment Banking vs Commercial Banking
Investment banking professional first concentrates on pitch book creation. Whereas Commercial banks offer checking and savings accounts for individuals and businesses, issue debit and credit cards along with a host of retail banking services.
Equity Research in an Investment Bank
We will learn what is Equity Research, Who are their clients, how do they make money and role of financial modeling in Equity Research.
What is Asset Management Company AMC
AMC essentially collects money from the public and makes it as a pool of funds.
Sales and Trading in Investment Banking
Sales and trading is very important role and they work in a very integrated fashion so it is equally important for us to understand what is meant by sales and trading because this heart and sole of research and trading kind of making money for the investment bank.
Private Placement, IPO and FPO in Investment Banking
We are going to discuss the Private Placement, IPO and FPO in Investment Banking, we also discuss the roles of Investment bankers as intermediaries who perform valuations, find investors etc
Investment Banking – Underwriters and Market Makers
In this article on basics of Investment banking underwriter and market makers, we discuss what underwriting is, how investment bankers play a role in making the IPO a success.
Investment Banking – Mergers and Acquisitions
Merger is acquired company ends to exist and becomes part of the acquiring company. Whereas Acquisition is acquiring company takes over the majority stake in the acquired company.
Investment Banking – Restructuring and Reorganisation
Basics of Investment Banking - Restructuring and Reorganization means that you are re-organizing the company’s strategy altogether may be you know focus so earlier may be the company was into emerging markets.
Investment Banking Roles and Responsibilities
In this article on basics of Investment Banking Roles and Responsibilities, we discuss the job profile of analyst, associates, vice presidents and managing directors of IB Firm
Market maker is a “market participant” that executes a transaction of buy and sells securities regularly at prices that are prevailing in an exchange’s trading system for its own account
Proprietary trading is also known as prop trading. When a bank trades derivatives, stocks, commodities, bonds, and other financial instruments directly from its own account, it is called proprietary trading.
Top 4 Must Know Investment Banking Charts
In this article, we learn to create the Top Investment Banking Charts - Football Field - PE Band Charts - Scenario Graphs and PE Ratio Graphs. You can download the template
A Pitch book is a type of sales book which is created by an investment banks. It details the main features of the bank.
Leverage buyout LBO Analysis
Leveraged buyout (LBO) is very similar to buying a house. Suppose you want to buy a big house what will you do?
A trading floor is a place where traders buy and sell fixed income securities, shares, commodities, foreign exchange, options etc.
Market Order vs Limit Order
A market order is an order to buy or sell a stock at the best available price and is normally executed on an immediate basis. Whereas, limit order, will allow you to set the price at which one wants to buy or sell the stock.
Merchant banks provide financial services including underwriting, loan services, fundraising services, and financial advising to high net-worth individuals and small/mid-sized corporations.
Best Investment Banking Books
Here we discuss Top 12 Best Investment Banking Books, however, if you want to know more about Mergers and Acquisitions, you can look at M&A (Mergers and Acquisitions) Course.
Nasdaq vs Dow Jones
Nandaq is Key index which indicate stock market performance. Whereas Dow Jones is Electronic marketplace where investors can buy/sell securities.