Free Donation Tracking Template
The donation tracking template is a very simple template that will help organizations to keep track of donations received. It is maintained by all organizations which receive donations.
About the Template
- The template is very simple. You need to keep track of the persons giving the donations and the method of payment. The total amount is also an indicator of the total donation received for the year.
- Many big organizations receive donations for the work they do. It is very important to keep the proper details of the person giving a donation and also the occupation of the person. There have been several instances where illegal money is routed to charities for making them look legal.
- Tax authorities and Government regulators keep a close watch on the donations being received by the organizations. All the money received is deeply scrutinized and any suspicion can lead to severe Investigation and even Jail Term of the charity and also the person giving a donation.
- In the Template shown above, proper details of the person giving the Donation is maintained. If the donation is coming from a different country then the organization may add another column as the country.
- Each and every record of the transaction should be properly maintained by the organization to save itself from facing severe charges. Here in this template, the name of the person giving a donation is the first criteria, it is very important as without name the organization shouldn’t accept the donation.
- The occupation of the person donating money is also very important. One needs to check thoroughly the source of Income for the person. If the person is earning money from Illegal sources, then that money will not be accepted in the form of donation.
- The organization should check whether the person donating money has got itself registered as a taxpayer. Most of the time people donate to save themselves from giving higher taxes. Tax saving is an important driver for donations, so tax numbers should be properly recorded by the organization from the person giving the donation.
- The contact number is also an important medium of communication. An organization may also keep the address as a reference for the future. It is the duty of the organization to check if the address and phone numbers are correct.
- The donation can be made in several ways. A cash donation is very risky and proper records should be maintained. All the types of payment should be properly maintained by the organization and it should be available with proper reference in case of an audit.
- The total donation of the month and year will help the organization to plan their expenses accordingly. If the organization keeps the data of all donations for previous years then it will be easy for the organization to do an analysis of the money that they might predict to receive in the next year, so that expenses can be planned accordingly.
How to Use This Donation Tracking Template?
This template is easy to use. The organization needs to fill the name, address, tax no and PH no of the person giving the donation. In the donation type, you will see drop down and you need to select any of the below mentioned options:
- Wire Transfer
This is an important step as this will help the organization to keep track of the Inflow, which will get difficult to track once the year ends. The next column is the month. This column is also drop-down, the organization will have to select any month from the options given below;
The amount needs to be filled individually. Once the amount is filled, the last column will throw the entire donation received for the year. This template is very simple to handle but is very important for auditing purposes. An organization will have to pay the utmost attention while preparing this template. All the details must be validated before entering. Any wrong input will be very difficult to handle during the time of the audit.
This has been a guide to Donation Tracking Template. Here we provide you with a free donation tracking template that helps organizations to keep track of the donations received. Also, you can download and use this template in Google Sheets, Excel or in ODS format.
You can also take a look at our other useful articles-