Table of Contents
- Print Gridlines in Excel Worksheet
- #1 – Using Page Layout Tab
- #2 -Using Page Set Up Tab
- #3 -Print with Different Color
Print Gridlines in Excel Worksheet
I don’t know whether you have noticed it or not excel cannot print gridlines by default. We need to make the adjustment to insist the excel to print the document along with the gridlines.
Before I tell you how to print gridlines in excel, let me show you how to print excel sheet with gridlines. Below data, I want to print.
Look at the below print preview image.
Even though excel shows the gridlines by default it cannot print gridlines without the user input. In this article, I will show you how to print excel sheet with gridlines.
Print excel sheet with gridlines is the easiest job in the world, it takes only 5 seconds to make the changes to print gridlines.
Here we discuss three ways we can print excel sheet with gridlines.
- Print gridlines by using Page Layout.
- Print gridlines in the Page Setup
- Print gridlines with different color
#1 – How to Print Excel Sheet with Gridlines Using Page Layout Tab?
Below is the data I want to print and it has no borders.
Go to PAGE LAYOUT > Sheet Options > Grid Line > and check the box > View & Print.
We can only VIEW the gridlines here. If you want to print we need to tick the checkbox of PRINT. This would print gridlines for you. Look at the below print preview image.
#2 – How to Print Excel Sheet with Gridlines Using Page Set Up Tab?
Below is the data I want to print and it has no borders. You can print excel sheet with gridlines under page set up as well.
Step 1: Go to PAGE LAYOUT, under this click on the little expand icon.
Step 2: Now go to SHEET tab under below dialogue box.
Step 3: Under SHEET tab we have a PRINT section, select the Gridlines check box.
Step 4: After you have selected the option Gridlines, at the end of this dialogue box click on Print Preview.
Step 5: It will show the preview of your print with Gridlines.
#3 – How to Print Gridlines with Different Color?
By default grid line color is light gray in excel. While printing the grid line with default color looks very shuttle. We can change the color of the grid line according to our preference and makes the line more beautiful. Follow below steps to change the color of the Grid Line.
Step 1: Go to FILE then select OPTIONS.
Step 2: Under Options go to Advanced.
Step 3: After selecting Advanced scroll down select Display options for this worksheet.
Step 4: In this section at the bottom we have an option called Grid line color.
Step 5: Select the color as per your requirement.
Step 6: Now we have a pink grid line.
Things to Remember about Print Gridlines in Excel
- ALT + W + V +G is the short cut key to show and hide GridLines in Excel.
- Whatever the changes you make for grid line are applicable only for the current worksheet. For each sheet, you have to do it separately.
- Removing and applying gridlines is applicable for the whole worksheet not for the portion of the worksheet.
- In one shot we can remove the gridline by holding the control key and select all the worksheets and click on remove gridlines.
- Excel cannot print the gridlines without you insist.
This has been a guide to Print Gridlines in Excel. Here we discuss how to Print Gridlines in Excel using the top three ways (Page Layout, Page Setup and with a different color) along with examples. You may also look at these useful functions in excel –