Print Gridlines in Excel Worksheet (Step by Step)
Follow the Simple and Easy Steps to Print Excel Sheet with Gridlines –
- Step 1: First, we need to select the view section from the grid lines tab in page layout.
- Step 2: Then, to print it we need to select the print box available in the grid lines tab.
- Step 3: And then finally we can go to the print section and click on the print preview to see the grid lines.
2 Different Methods to Print Excel Sheet with Gridlines
- Print gridlines using Page Layout.
- Print gridlines using Page Setup
Now let us discuss each of the methods in detail –
#1 – Using Page Layout Tab
Below is the data I want to print and it has no borders.
4.9 (1,353 ratings) 35+ Courses | 120+ Hours | Full Lifetime Access | Certificate of Completion
- Step 1: Go to PAGE LAYOUT > Sheet Options > Grid Line > and check the box > View & Print.
- Step 2: We can only VIEW the gridlines here. If you want to print we need to tick the checkbox of PRINT. This would print gridlines for you. Look at the below print preview image.
#2 – Using Page Set Up Tab
Below is the data I want to print and it has no borders. You can print an excel sheet with gridlines under page set up as well.
- Step 1: Go to PAGE LAYOUT, under this click on the little expand icon.
- Step 2: Now go to the SHEET tab under below dialogue box.
- Step 3: Under the SHEET tab we have a PRINT section, select the Gridlines check box.
- Step 4: After you have selected the option Gridlines, at the end of this dialogue box click on Print Preview in excel.
- Step 5: It will show the preview of your print with Gridlines.
How to Print Gridlines with Different Color?
By default, gridline color is light gray in excel. While printing the grid line with default color looks very shuttle. We can change the color of the grid line according to our preference and makes the line more beautiful. Follow the below steps to change the color of the Grid Line.
- Step 1: Go to FILE then select OPTIONS.
- Step 2: Under Options go to Advanced.
- Step 3: After selecting Advanced scroll down select Display options for this worksheet.
- Step 4: In this section at the bottom we have an option called Gridline color.
- Step 5: Select the color as per your requirement.
- Step 6: Now we have a pink grid line.
Things to Remember
- ALT + W + V +G is the short cut key to show and hide GridLines in Excel.
- Whatever the changes you make for the gridline are applicable only for the current worksheet. For each sheet, you have to do it separately.
- Removing and applying gridlines is applicable for the whole worksheet not for the portion of the worksheet.
- In one shot we can remove the gridline by holding the control key and select all the worksheets and click on remove gridlines.
- Excel cannot print the gridlines without you insist.
This has been a guide to Print Gridlines in Excel. Here we discuss how to Print Gridlines using the top three ways (Page Layout, Page Setup, and with a different color) along with examples. You may also look at these useful functions in excel –