How to Print Comments in Excel?
To print comments in excel we need to go to the print section from the files tab and page set up tab where we will find any options to print comments and where we want to display them, whether on the end of the sheet or as they are present in the sheet.
Methods to Print Comments
There are two ways to print our handy comments in excel along with the report.
- Using an Excel page layout option.
- Using print preview method in Excel.
Again, there are a couple of options to print the comments. We can print the comment at the end of the page, or we can print the comment as displayed on the worksheet too.
#1 Print Comments using Excel Page Layout Option
Assume you have the below report in your excel sheet and you want to print the comments using the page layout option.
If there are a lot of comments, it is better to print all the comments at the end of the sheet. Printing all the comments in excel after the rest of the data will eliminate the overlapping of the crucial cell comments when the details are displayed.
4.9 (1,353 ratings) 35+ Courses | 120+ Hours | Full Lifetime Access | Certificate of Completion
We just need to do some settings tuning to get this done.
Print the comments at the end of the Excel sheet
- Step 1: Your data should like this.
If you look at the cells from E2 to E8, it contains some comments in it. A little red mark indicating that the cells contain comments in it.
In order to print the comments at the end of the excel sheet first, comments should be appearing by default; otherwise, it will print the comments as is shown in the sheet.
- Step 2: Now go to Page Layout, then Page Set up, and click on the little arrow mark.
- Step 3: As soon as you click on the bottom right expand arrow, it will open up the below dialogue box.
- Step 4: Now go to the Sheet tab and click on that tab.
- Step 5: After clicking on the sheet tab, you need to select At the end of the sheet option under the Comments section.
- Step 6: Once the “At the end of the sheet” option is selected, you need to click on the Print option.
- Step 7: once the print option is selected, it will take you to the print preview section.
On the first page, it will print the report, and on the second page, it will print all the comments. And the final output will be as per the below image.
Print the Comments as Shown in the Active Window
In the last example, we have seen printing all the cell comments at the end of the sheet. Instead, we can print the comments referring or pointing to the cell itself. For this, we need to select the other option in Step 5.
After this, click on the print option, and it will open up the print preview dialogue box. Click on the print option to get the print, and the print will be as shown in the below image.
#2 Using Print Preview Method
In the last example, we have seen printing the comments using a page layout option. We can print the comments using the Print option too. Very similar to the last method but instead of going for Page Layout, select the Print option (Ctrl + P).
- Step 1: Go to FILE and select the PRINT option.
- Step 2: Once you click on that PRINT option, it will open up the below window and click on Page Setup.
- Step 3: Now, this will open up the page, set up a dialogue box, and select the Sheet tab.
- Step 4: After clicking on the sheet tab, you need to select At the end of the sheet option under the Comments section.
- “At the end of sheet” option selected will print the comments at the end of the sheet.
- “As displayed on sheet” will print as shown in the excel sheet.
- None will print anything.
This has been a guide to Print Comments in excel. Here we discuss two ways -1) using the page layout option. 2. using print preview method along with examples and downloadable excel template. You may also look at these useful functions in excel –