Investment Banking Tutorials
- Investment Banking Free Course
- Investment Banking Basics
- What is Investment Banking? (Overview of what do they actually do!)
- Investment Banking Functions
- Investment Banking vs Commercial Banking
- Equity Research in an Investment Bank
- What is Asset Management Company AMC
- Sales and Trading in Investment Banking
- Private Placement, IPO and FPO in Investment Banking
- Investment Banking – Underwriters and Market Makers
- Investment Banking – Mergers and Acquisitions
- Investment Banking – Restructuring and Reorganisation
- Investment Banking Roles and Responsibilities
- Market Makers
- Propreitary Trading
- Deal Origination (Sourcing)
- Initial Public Offering (IPO)
- Publicly Traded Companies
- Top 4 Must Know Investment Banking Charts (Free Download Template included)
- Pitch Book | Guide to Investment Banking Pitch Book (Examples)
- What is LBO?
- Leverage buyout Lbo Analysis
- LBO Financing
- Trading Floor
- Market Order vs Limit Order
- Bid vs Ask
- Bid vs Offer Price
- Industry vs Sector
- Merchant Bank
- Best Investment Banking Books
- Nasdaq vs Dow Jones
- Nasdaq vs Nyse
- Differences Between NSE and BSE
- Investment Banking Careers
- Investment Banking Interview Questions (with Answers)
- How to get into Investment Banking?
- Investment Banking Analyst
- Investment Banking Job Description
- Investment Banking Division (IBD)
- Investment Banking Associate Salary
- Analyst vs Associate
- Investment Banking Job For Graduates (Engineers) | Top 8 Tips
- How to get an Investment Banking Internship?
- Top 10 Finance Certifications Programs
- Investment Banking Lifestyle
- Investment Banking Exit Opportunities
- Investment Banking Case Studies
- Top 10 Best Finance courses (with Online Certification)
- Investor Relation Job Description
- Financial Analyst Job Description
- Investment Banking vs Equity Research
- Investment Banking vs Asset Management
- Commercial Banking vs Merchant Banking
- Investment Banking vs Corporate Banking
- Portfolio Management vs Investment Banking
- Investment Banking vs Hedge Fund Manager
- Investment Banking vs Investment Management
- Investment Banking vs Private Equity
- Careers in Trading
- Investment Banking Firms
- Top Bulge Bracket Investment Banks
- Top Middle Market Investment Banks
- Top Boutique Investment Banks
- Investment Banking in Dubai
- Investment Banking In Nigeria
- Investment Banking in Abu Dhabi
- Investment Banking in Hong Kong
- Investment Banking in Russia
- Investment Banking in Brazil
- Investment Banking in China
- Investment Banking in Australia
- Investment Banking in Saudi Arabia
- Investment Banking in Singapore
- Investment Banking in London (UK)
- Investment Banking in India
- Investment Banking in Ireland
- Investment Banking in South Africa
- Investment Banking in Canada
- Investment Banking in Germany
- Investment Banking in France
- Investment Banking in Malaysia
- Investment Banking in Philippines
- Investment Banking in Boston
- Investment Banking in San Francisco
- Investment Banking in Chicago
- Investment Banking in Atlanta
- Investment Banking in Toronto
- Top Banks
- Top Banks in Australia
- Top Banks In Austria
- Top Banks In Bahrain
- Top Banks In Belgium
- Top Banks In Bermuda
- Top Banks In British Virgin Islands
- Top Banks In Brunei
- Top Banks In Canada
- Top Banks In Cayman Islands
- Top Banks In Denmark
- Top Banks In Finland
- Top Banks In France
- Top Banks In Germany
- Top Banks In Greenland
- Top Banks In Guernsey
- Top Banks In Ireland
- Top Banks In Isle of Man
- Top Banks In Japan
- Top Banks In Kuwait
- Top Banks In Liechtenstein
- Top Banks In Luxembourg
- Top Banks In Macau
- Top Banks In Norway
- Top Banks In Oman
- Top Banks in Pakistan
- Top Banks in Philippines
- Top Banks In Puerto Rico
- Top Banks In Qatar
- Top Banks In Saudi Arabia
- Banks in South Africa
- Top Banks In Singapore
- Top Banks In South Korea
- Top Banks In Sweden
- Top Banks In Switzerland
- Top Banks in UAE
- Top Banks in United Kingdom
- Top Banks in USA
- Banks in Nigeria
- Top 10 Banks in Netherlands
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- What is Mergers and Acquisitions?
- Mergers vs Acquisitions
- Horizontal Merger
- Vertical Merger
- Synergy in M&A
- Successful Mergers and Acquisitions
- Financing Acquisitions
- Acquisition Premium (Takeover)
- Statutory Merger
- Joint Venture
- White Knight
- Hostile Takeover
- Golden Parachute
- Poison Pills
- Killer Bees Defense Strategy
- Show Stopper in M&A
- What is Amalgamation?
- Spin off vs Split Off
- Forward Integration
- Backward Integration
- Horizontal vs Vertical Integration
- What is Divesting / Divestiture?
- Bootstrap Effect
- PAC MAN Defense
- Flip-In Poison Pill
- Flip-Over Poison Pill
- Scorched Earth Defense Policy
- Tender Offer
- Friendly Takeover
- Amalgamation vs Merger
- Lobster Trap Defense
- Asset Purchase vs Stock Purchase
- Joint Venture vs Strategic Alliance
- Greenshoe Option
- Dawn Raid Takeovers
- Crown Jewels Defense
- Best Mergers and Acquisitions Books
- What is Asset Restructuring?
- Cryptocurrency Basics
- Bitcoins | Advantages and Disadvantages of Bitcoin Technology
- Cryptocurrency | Top 5 Cryptocurrency You Must Know!
- Bitcoin vs Ethereum | Top 6 Differences You Must Know (Infographics)
- Ethereum vs Litecoin
- Ripple vs Stellar
- Bitcoin vs Cryptocurrency
- Bitcoin vs Blockchain
- Ripple vs Litecoin
- Bitcoin vs Litecoin
- Ethereum vs Ethereum Classic
Bitcoin vs Cryptocurrency Differences
We have reached the dawn of a new era where we are now having a global currency that is helping businesses around the world to make the transaction in a safe and secure way with little transaction costs and too at a very limited amount of time.
Surely, bitcoin vs cryptocurrency would have remained a dream if we were just considering coming up with a traditional currency that will make the above things in this global economy.
It is the introduction of these digital currency/cryptocurrency that we can even think of such a possibility. The introduction of common digital currency that can be used to make transactions without the interference of strict government regulations and without the banking intermediaries that make the transaction days to make with huge transaction charges is a huge blessing in disguise for companies that rely on international transactions.
Bitcoin vs Cryptocurrency Infographics
Here we provide you with the top 5 differences between Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies
What do you mean by Bitcoin Technology?
Bitcoin is a first-ever cryptocurrency that was founded by Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008. It was started as an open source software to transfer money.
Bitcoin is a digital currency which can also be called as a crypto-currency which was mainly created in order to speed up the cross-border transactions, to reduce the government’s control over the transaction and simplify the whole process without having third-party intermediaries. Not having intermediaries has brought down the transaction costs significantly.
Bitcoin is not a formally accepted medium of payment in all countries but people around the world use it for various kinds of transactions. Since it is not physically present, it should be very safe and secure and one of the best ways to do that is by using Blockchain.
Blockchain being a distributed ledger provides a low cost, safe and secure environment for peer-to-peer transactions to take place and it provides the information to the public so that anyone can access and see the financial transaction that has taken place.
What do you mean by Cryptocurrency Technology?
Cryptocurrency is the technology which acts as the medium for conducting financial transactions.
From the creation of units to final verification of the transaction being made, cryptocurrency provides that safe and secure platform for transactions with the help of cryptography technology.
Cryptocurrency is a kind of digital currency that is virtual and doesn’t have a physical form. It works on the decentralized control which doesn’t have any central banking systems. This makes it easier for cryptocurrencies to work with distributed ledgers.
With distributed ledgers that provide peer-to-peer transactions and the transparency of providing transaction details to the public, cryptocurrency technologies have now become a force to be recognized all around the world.
Initially, it was only used for digital transactions, but now it is used for trading almost anything through the internet. It has become a very huge success that many companies around the world are using them.
Some top-level companies are also investing a lot of money to make the process even simpler with advanced safety and security measures thereby helping the cryptocurrency to develop at an astonishing rate.
Bitcoin vs Cryptocurrency Head to Head Differences
Now, Let’s have a look at the head to head differences between Bitcoin vs Cryptocurrency Technologies–
|Basis for comparison between Bitcoin vs Cryptocurrency||Bitcoin||Cryptocurrency|
|Main Aim||To simplify and increase the speed of transactions without much of government restrictions.||To provide low cost, safe and secure transactions.|
|Trade||Bitcoin is limited to trading by using it as a currency.||There are a lot of cryptocurrencies which are used for trading as well.|
|Popularity||Bitcoin is the most popular bitcoin.||The number of cryptocurrencies has increased but their share is still less than Bitcoin.|
|Strategy||Bitcoin focuses on lowering the cost of influencers and reduce the time of transactions but is less flexible,||Cryptocurrency aims at the exchange of goods and services is a safe and secure environment with very little or no government and middleman interference.|
|Status||Bitcoin likes to be anonymous and hence even though we can see their transactions in the ledger, they are meaningless numbers which are not in any particular sequence.||A lot of cryptocurrencies that came recently are following transparency in their transactions and hence they are able to work with a lot of other industries.|
Bitcoin vs Cryptocurrency – Conclusion
Bitcoin being the first cryptocurrency has a head start over other cryptocurrency technologies. Since then a lot of cryptocurrencies have come and some are even specializing in few sectors.
The most important thing is competition. Due to heavy competition, cryptocurrencies are continually improving themselves and the technologies that they are using. This paves the way for a lot of innovation and improved performance and security measures.
Bitcoin may have had a greater chunk of share in the sector initially. But with the introduction of new cryptocurrencies and sophisticated & transparent technologies, the gap is diminishing as every day passes. Soon, this market will also become more dispersed with the cryptocurrency that provides the maximum value being at the top.
This has a been a guide to the top differences between Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies. Here we also discuss the Bitcoin vs Cryptocurrency along with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles –