Investment Banking Tutorials
- Cryptocurrency Basics
- Bitcoins | Advantages and Disadvantages of Bitcoin Technology
- Cryptocurrency | Top 5 Cryptocurrency You Must Know!
- Bitcoin vs Ethereum | Top 6 Differences You Must Know (Infographics)
- Ethereum vs Litecoin
- Ripple vs Stellar
- Bitcoin vs Cryptocurrency
- Bitcoin vs Blockchain
- Ripple vs Litecoin
- Bitcoin vs Litecoin
- Ethereum vs Ethereum Classic
- Investment Banking Basics (44+)
- Investment Banking Careers (25+)
- Investment Banking Firms (27+)
- Top Banks (42+)
- Mergers and Acquisitions (45+)
Ethereum vs Ethereum Classic Differences
The basic differences between Ethereum vs Ethereum Classic are the blockchain technology used. In this article, we look at the key differences between them in detail.
Ethereum vs Ethereum Classic Infographics
Here are the top 4 differences.
Ethereum vs Ethereum Classic Key Differences
The key differences between are as follows –
- Ethereum vs Ethereum Classic are two different versions of the pre and post era of the Hard Fork.
- Ethereum’s blockchain technology has evolved after the hacking of $50 million from the DAO. The supporter of Ethereum Classic went with the same, old blockchain technology.
- Ethereum was created in late 2013, but now Ethereum is much more evolved. Ethereum Classic was born in the year 2016, but Ethereum Classic is actually an old version (and not new).
- Ethereum got evolved because the supporters wanted to support the investors that lost the money in the DAO. Ethereum Classic was born when a small group of people resisted going with the more evolved version of Ethereum.
Ethereum vs Ethereum Classic Head to Head Differences
Now, let’s have a look at the head to head differences.
|Basis for comparison||Ethereum||Ethereum Classic|
|Created||It was founded in late 2013. Later in January 2014, the creator of Ethereum announced the launch in a conference.||It came into the scene after the DAO got hacked and $50 million was stolen by the hackers. It is around May 2016.|
|Blockchain Technology||It is now run on a more evolved technology.||It follows the same old blockchain technology.|
|Total Supply||It has an uncapped total supply with fixed supply per year.||It has changed this and it has reduced the block reward by 20% at 5 millionth block number and 20% at every 5 millionths onward.|
|Pre & Post Era||Before hard fork, Ethereum existed, but after Hard Fork, it has evolved to be more powerful.||It was born after the hard work.was a small group of people who believed that the same blockchain technology would work.|
Many people think that Ethereum Classic is a new version of Ethereum. But actually, the opposite is true. Ethereum is the new version and not Ethereum Classic.
When the DAO got hacked and lost $50 million, Ethereum needed a solid technology to replace the old one. So, Hard Fork was born. But many traditional supporters of Ethereum didn’t want to go with Hard Fork and Ethereum or Ethereum Classic stayed with the old blockchain technology. And as a result, Ethereum Classic was born.
This has a been a guide to Ethereum vs Ethereum Classic Here we also discuss the top differences between Ethereum vs Ethereum Classic along with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles –