Excel Functions Tutorials
- Excel Tips
- Excel vs Access
- Excel Rows vs Columns
- Apple Numbers vs Excel
- 3D Reference in Excel
- Absolute Reference in Excel
- Mixed References in Excel
- Excel Reference to Another Sheet
- Array Formulas in Excel
- Arrays in Excel VBA
- Auto Numbering in Excel
- AutoFit in Excel
- AutoCorrect in Excel
- AutoSave in Excel
- AutoRecover in Excel
- Bullet Points in Excel
- Break Links in Excel
- Barcode in Excel
- Change Case in Excel
- CAGR Formula in Excel
- Calculate Age in Excel
- Calculate Percentage in Excel Formula
- Cell Reference in Excel
- Checklist in Excel
- Circular Reference in Excel
- Column Sort in Excel
- Column Lock in Excel
- Move Columns in Excel
- Custom List in Excel
- Consolidate in Excel
- Combine Cells in Excel
- Compare Two Columns in Excel
- Compare and Match Columns in Excel
- Compound Interest Formula in Excel
- Convert Columns to Rows in Excel
- Convert Date to Text in Excel
- Convert Numbers to Text in Excel
- Convert Text to Numbers in Excel
- Convert Excel to CSV
- Count Characters in Excel
- Count Rows in Excel
- Count Unique Values in Excel
- Countif not Blank in Excel
- Create Templates in Excel
- Family Tree in Excel Template
- Custom Number Format in Excel
- Delete Row Shortcut in Excel
- Divide in Excel Formula
- Drop Down List in Excel
- Dynamic Tables in Excel
- Dashboard in Excel
- KPI Dashboard in Excel
- Date to Text in Excel
- Date Format in Excel
- Database in Excel
- Delta Symbol in Excel
- $ Symbol in Excel
- Excel Column to Number
- Edit Drop-Down List in Excel
- Equations in Excel
- Exponents in Excel
- Excel Extensions
- Excel Translate
- Excel Not Responding
- Excel Find and Replace
- Find and Select in Excel
- Excel Subtraction Formula
- Excel Formula for Grade
- Excel as Calculator
- Excel Formula Not Working (Updating)
- Excel Table Styles & Formats
- Excel vs Google Sheets
- External Links in Excel
- Excel Alternate Row Color
- Excel Worksheet Tab
- Extract Number from String Excel
- Evaluate Formula in Excel
- Find Duplicates in Excel
- Finding Links in Excel
- Filter Shortcut in Excel
- Formatting in Excel
- Format Numbers to Millions & Thousands in Excel
- Format Phone Numbers in Excel
- Formula Errors in Excel
- Fractions in Excel
- Frequency Distribution in Excel
- Group in Excel
- Group Worksheets in Excel
- Group Columns in Excel
- Hide Formula in Excel
- Hiding a Column in Excel
- Highlight Every Other Row in Excel
- Highlight Duplicates in Excel
- How to Create a Formula in Excel?
- How to Create an Excel Spreadsheet?
- How to Add Text in Excel Formula?
- How to Create Dashboard in Excel?
- How to Copy Sheet in Excel?
- How to Delete Pivot Table?
- How to Calculate Percentage Increase in Excel?
- How to Multiply in Excel Formula?
- How to Unhide Columns in Excel?
- Insert Date in Excel
- Insert Calendar in Excel
- Import Data into Excel
- Insert Comment in Excel
- Insert Hyperlinks in Excel
- Insert Multiple Rows in Excel
- Insert Row Shortcut in Excel
- Insert New Worksheet in Excel
- Insert (Embed) an Object in Excel
- Insert Image in Excel Cell
- Insert Page Break in Excel
- Line Breaks in Excel
- Linear Interpolation in Excel
- Leading Zeros in Excel
- Last Day of the Month in Excel
- Logical Operators in Excel
- Lookup Table in Excel
- Mortgage Calculator in Excel
- Moving Average in Excel
- Not Equal to in Excel
- Numbering in Excel
- Name Manager in Excel
- Page Numbers in Excel
- Page Break in Excel
- Personal Budget Template in Excel
- Project Management Template in Excel
- Percentage Difference in Excel (Increase / Decrease)
- Pivot Table Calculated Field & Formula
- Pivot Table Sort
- Pivot Table From Multiple Sheets
- Print Comments in Excel
- Print Excel Gridlines
- Print in Excel
- Print Preview in Excel
- Print Area in Excel
- Print Titles in Excel
- Print Labels From Excel
- Project Timeline in Excel
- Protect Sheet in Excel
- Ratio in Excel Formula
- Random Numbers in Excel
- Randomize List in Excel
- Refresh Pivot Table in Excel
- Relative References in Excel
- Remove Blank Rows in Excel
- Remove Duplicates in Excel
- Remove Duplicates from Excel Column
- Remove Hyperlinks in Excel
- Remove Space in Excel
- Remove Leading Spaces in Excel
- Remove Watermark in Excel
- Row Limit in Excel
- Rows and Columns in Excel
- Rows to Columns in Excel
- Row Header in Excel
- Search in Excel
- Search For Text in Excel
- Share an Excel Workbook
- Shortcut to Merge Cells in Excel
- Show Formula in Excel
- Split Cells in Excel
- Separate Text in Excel
- Strikethrough in Excel
- Strikethrough Text in Excel
- Sum by Color in Excel
- Subscript in Excel
- Superscript in Excel
- Themes in Excel
- Timesheet Calculator in Excel
- Top 20 Keyboard Shortcuts in Excel
- Unmerge Cells in Excel
- Uppercase in Excel
- Word Count in Excel
- Word Cloud in Excel
- Watermark in Excel
- Weighted Average in Excel
- Wildcard in Excel
- Financial Functions in Excel (17+)
- Logical Functions in Excel (15+)
- TEXT Functions in Excel (29+)
- Lookup Reference in Excel (44+)
- Maths Functions in Excel (52+)
- Date and Time Function in Excel (22+)
- Statistical Function in Excel (50+)
- Information Functions in Excel (5+)
- Excel Charts (48+)
- Excel Tools (98+)
- VBA (162+)
TOP 20 Keyboard Shortcuts in Excel
Almost everyone uses MS Excel in some or other ways to carry out their work in the workplace. If you do not know the speed of your working, it dents your productivity. Therefore today we will discuss the most important keyboard shortcuts in excel you need to increase your productivity.
There is an N number of formulas and keyboard shortcuts in excel. You do not need to know each one of them. Just look into the daily requirement in your career and learn one by one at each level.
I know “Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V, Ctrl + X” are the very basic universal keyboard shortcuts in excel you use day in day out. If you really want to see yourself at an expert level, you need to go beyond all these.
Excel has much more than you have ever imagined. Today I will brief you about the most needed shortcuts in excel for every individual who works on excel every day.
#1 – Excel Paste as Values Shortcut
We often copy many things in excel but sometimes we do copy formula cells or ranges to another place. When you are copying and pasting formula cells if do normal paste you will end up pasting only formulas not values. That is where the power of “Paste Special” plays a big role.
If you look the cell C2, it is a dependent cell on B2 and A2. So now, copy and press “ALT+E+S+V”. It will open the below dialogue box and click ok.
It will paste as values
#2 – Auto Sum Shortcuts in Excel
In excel we often do a summation of many things. Everywhere we cannot apply the SUM function manually; instead, we have as an excel keyboard shortcuts key to doing the same for you.
#3 – Fill Down Keyboard Excel Shortcut
Fill down is the action you need to do when there is data entry in excel. In many cases, we may need to copy and paste the value as it is in the above cell.
Note: If the value is there in the above cell it will fill only values. If there is a formula it will fill the formula to the below cell.
#4 – Select Entire Row and Column
In excel we often need to select either the entire row or the entire column. Excel shortcuts would be handy in these situations.
#5 – Delete & Add Entire Row or Column
The way how we need to insert new rows or columns, there is also a need we need to delete rows and columns. Keyboard shortcuts in excel will help you in increasing productivity.
#6 – Insert Comment and Edit Comment Excel Shortcut
In a particular cell, we may need to put in our comments so that later we can remember what happened with that particular cell. Inserting comment manually is a boring task which nobody likes doing. Below is the Excel keyboard shortcuts to insert and edit the comment.
#7 – Move between Sheets
When you are working in excel we deal with many sheets in a workbook. Often we need to switch between these sheets to finish our job. Manually going to sheets is a tedious task. There are excel keyboard shortcuts to increase our productivity level.
In order to go from Sheet1 to Sheet2 or Sheet3 press Ctrl + Page Down.
Right now, we are in Sheet2, to go to Sheet1 press Ctrl+Page Up.
To go to Sheet3, press Ctrl+PageDown.
#8 – Apply Filter
You can apply and remove the filter from the home tab ribbon in excel but still, it takes a minimum of 5 seconds to do this. However, there are excel keyboard shortcuts do this in just 1 second.
#9 – Freeze Row & Column Shortcuts in Excel
When you are working in many rows and columns there is need of freezing your first row and first column. Here is the Excel Keyboard Shortcuts to freeze your top row and column.
Note: It is important to select the cell, which is below the heading then press ALT+W+F+F.
#10 – Open Formatting Dialogue Box
Formatting is the technique we tend to use to format any cell or range of cells in excel. In general, case scenario we right click on the cell or range of cell and select the format option.
#11 – Adjust Your Column Width
In order to adjust the column width, it requires you to double click on the column edge. There are keyboard excel shortcuts to do this
#12 – Repeat the Last task
In excel we need to repeat the last task we did. It could be formatting, insert new row or column, deleting the row or column etc… In these cases, excel shortcuts F4 is handy.
#13 – Insert line breaker inside the cell
When you are writing in a cell there is a need to insert a new line breaker inside the cell. Nobody would have told you about this. You must have tried many things but one simple excel keyboard shortcuts can do wonders for you.
#14 – Moves Between Different Workbooks
We all often work with different workbooks in our workplace. The most popular excel shortcuts ALT+TAB will go through all the software that is opened in your PC or laptop.
However, you can go through all the opened excel workbooks in just a click i.e. CTRL + TAB.
#15 – Spell Check Excel Shortcut
We all work with data in Microsoft Applications. While typing we often make spelling mistakes but we do not know where we went wrong. Excel shortcuts F7 will loop through all the cells in the active sheet and do the spell check.
#16 – Moves Between Excel Sheet and Excel VBA Editor
When you are working with macros, we tend to move between VBA editor and worksheet. To make the process the less stressful excel keyboard shortcuts is ALT + F11.
#17 – Select the Set of Range: Shift + Ctrl + Arrow Keys
When we want to select the set of range, we struggle a big-time selecting it manually. However, excel shortcuts can make life easier and allows us to breathe.
For Example, if we need to select the data from A1 to E100 we can use SHIFT + CTRL + Arrow Keys.
Select the cell A1 hold SHIFT + CTRL + Right Arrow + Down Arrow.
#18 – To go to the last cell of the Row or Column
Assume you want to the last cell in the column from the cell A1. You cannot scroll down until the last cell. Ctrl + Down Arrow can do the job for you.
#19 – Delete the Active Sheet Excel Shortcut
When we want to delete the sheet, we often do this manually. Just a click of the keyboard we can be able to do that.
#20 – To Insert New Sheet
Often we required to add new sheets to our workbook. In just a click, we can do that.
Note: Only F11 will insert a new chart.
This has been a guide to Top 20 Keyboard Shortcuts in Excel. Here we discuss the working of keyboard shortcuts and how to use these excel shortcuts to save your time. You may learn more about Excel from the following articles –