Free Simple Receipt Template
Once the payment has been received from the customers against the goods or services being bought from the supplier of the goods and services, the supplier is required to issue acknowledge in the form of a simple receipt. A receipt could be written by hand or could be bought from the market. A receipt can also be created in an excel template with the help of spreadsheet tools.
About Simple Receipt Template
Every business owner who enters in buying and selling of the goods or services is customarily required to issue a receipt as a token of acknowledgment of receipt of money from the customer for the future recording purpose. Issuing receipt also helps business owners to keep track of the selling of the goods and services for any audit purpose and for his own at the same time. Business owners are nowadays using excel based templates to create simple receipts.
This template is basically simple and easy to make. Generally, it includes the following elements:
- The date when the customer cleared his due amount.
- The name of the customer to whom the goods and services have been rendered.
- The total amount being paid by the client or customer.
- The description for which payment has been received.
- The name and signature of the person who issues the receipt.
- The detailed breakup of the invoice including discounts and taxes, if any.
If the business is running on a large scale tracking every transaction is very complicated. To ward off this deficiency the companies can track the record of each and every transaction with the help of receipts they issued to the customers or clients.
It can be created and it is required that it should be issued to each and every customer it deals with no matter customer pay through cash or any mode of payments.
Receipts template should be organized in a particular folder which can be referred later to calculate the total income being generated by the business, for tax calculation purpose and for audit purpose, internal as well as external audit. In other cases, if business issues receipts on paper and the same will be accumulated as the business grows. The owner of the business finds it hard to record the paper receipts. Excel-based templates are easy to create and very useful to store the same in one place no matter how many they are.
The following are the major reasons due to which excel based templates are used.
- The professional layout of receipts: Excel has built-in options to generate the layout of receipts according to the requirement of the users. They can try and use a different layout for the receipts.
- Customizable: The receipts created with excel based templates are fully
- customizable and can be edited and deleted any elements if not required.
- Future use: These templates can be saved and used for future references.
- Taxation: These templates can be used to compute the amount of taxation.
How to Make this Template?
- Microsoft Excel can be used to create templates as excel have a number of functions and formulas in it with the help of which any desired format of receipts can be created. The reason why the templates are used to create the receipts is many. Some of the reason which leads the use of excel to create the templates are due to automatic formula and functions as these reduce the calculation errors.
- Companies or business owners should make sure the receipts being issued to the clients are professionally designed and supposed to include all the relevant information about the goods and services being sold and clients’ information like name, his contact number, etc. The client can easily approach you with the help of receipts in case he needs to buy anything in the future.
- Anyone can access to the professionally made receipts through online sources. More often companies and business owners prefer to use excel based template to issue the receipts. The receipts are easily customizable to add or delete the contents of receipts any time with a matter of minutes. These receipts can be printed or can send through email or various applications to save the time of both customers and business owners. The users can directly download the receipts from the online or websites and edit according to their requirements.
- A receipt is different from the invoice but the format and the layout could be similar to some extent. Both share many things at the same time but they differ as well. Invoice is something which is issued to the buyer of goods and service before the payment is made for the goods and service being bought by the customer while the receipt is issued after the payment is made to the supplier of the goods and service. Receipt in simple words is the indication of the fact that the transaction is completed on the part of both parties.
- With the Microsoft Excel template, the business can create any type of receipt for any business or for any personal transaction purposes.
Following are the factors which are considered as motivation factors behind the use of excel-based templates:
- Excel-based templates are free to download and can be sent easily to clients.
- With the help of excel based functions and formulas the templates automatically calculates the grand total and sub-total of the amount.
- Excel-based templates are fully customizable.
- Professionally designed and layout with all required elements.
- Excel-based templates can be easily printed and can be converted in Pdf.
There are plenty of receipts templates types that can be created in excel.
Following are few examples of the specific receipts template being used more often:
- Rent Receipt: This is the kind of receipt that is issued by the landlord to the tenant once rent is collected by the owner of the house as an acknowledgment that he had received the money.
- Donation Receipt: It is very similar to the rent receipt. The only difference is that it is issued by the party receiving the donation and receipt is issued to the party who have donated the amount for the purpose for which donation is sought into.
- Cash Receipt: The cash receipt is very common which is being issued to every single human being for the goods or services bought from the business owner.
This has been a guide to Simple Receipt Template. Here we provide you with a free downloadable simple receipt template that is used for acknowledgment of the customers. Also, you can download and use this template in Excel, PDF or in CSV format.
You can also take a look at our other useful articles-