CFT Vs CMT – Which Technical Analysis Certification is Better? When you thing about a professional Technical Analysis course, you need to be sure before you sign up for the same. With the notes given below you can be double sure before registering for the captioned courses.
Below is the flow of the article –
- CFT vs CMT Infographics
- What is Certified Financial Technician (CFTe)?
- What is Chartered Market Technician (CMT)?
- CFT vs CMT Exam Requirement
- Why pursue CFT?
- Why pursue CMT?
CFT vs CMT Infographics
Reading time : 90 seconds
Lets understand the difference between these two streams with the help of this CFT vs CMT Infographics.
What is Certified Financial Technician (CFTe)?
Certified financial technician or CFTe is a complete professional course of 2 levels that is the Level I and the Level II, for finance professionals who take a test on not just their technical knowledge and skills they are also tested on their ethical standards and market understanding.
This course is accredited by IFTA (International Federation of Technical Analysts). This non-profit organization has its member societies in about 24 countries and makes this course available in different languages like English, German, Spanish, French and Italian. The examination is a paper and pencil or a written examination.
What is Chartered Market Technician (CMT)?
Chartered Market Technician (CMT) is a designation attained globally by completing a 3 level examination and displaying basic and extreme knowledge in investment risks specifically in portfolio management strategies. The certification is received from the MTA that is the Market Technician Association after clearing all three levels of examination and receiving an approval from the board of directors and the Admission Committee of MTA. To add to the examination the candidate should also have 3 years of relevant experience.
Being a CMT you become a join a society of investment professionals who are known as experts and generators of value of money across the globe. It is an absolute complement to the logical restraints and also your financial designation. This course keeps you in the leading front of the investment industry that is never stable.
CFT vs CMT Exam Requirement
To clear this examination you need to make sure that the following are achieved.
- The candidate needs to have 3 years or experience in the relevant field to start with.
- The minimum qualification required is graduation or a bachelors degree.
- He needs to clear 2 levels of examinations they are divided as Level I consist of 120 questions that cover only the technical knowledge; however the actual experience is not used in the same. Level II consists of a number of questions as well these questions are based on their experience. The question types are essay bases analysis and answers.
- The course is designed as a self study course; however local body’s do conduct training classes for these courses.
- Candidates who have cleared their MTA certification or CMT level I and II are eligible to get their CFTe certification as well.
- The minimum qualification required is bachelor’s degrees in any finance program; to add to the certification candidates also peruse MBA before the certification.
- 3 years of work exp in an investment management profile or professional analytical profile.
- Candidates should be a master in handling large or huge sums of finance in order to give estimations develop portfolio strategies and also make decisions related to trading.
- 3 levels of MTA examination needs to be cleared along with taking 5 years of initial exam.
- The three level examination level I concentrate on the basic knowledge, level II measures the competencies of the candidate and finally the level III is a test of the candidates ability.
Why pursue CFT?
Certified Financial Technician is a globally recognized course with its existence in more than 24 countries it gives you the following benefits…
- If you want to pursue or need an international recognition and a professional qualification in financial market then CFTe is a reward for you.
- It is a globally recognized examination that is conducted in various languages including English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Arabic and is conducted in major cities across the world.
- This course gives you technical skills and knowledge along with the understanding the market and improving your ethical understanding.
- It teaches you Algorithmic trading and how the technical analysis is impacted by the same.
- The subjects covered are interpretations, terminologies and also basic IQ.
Why pursue CMT?
CMT is a course that is similar to CFTe. However let us have a look at some of its benefits:
- Just like CFTe CMT is a globally recognized course that is for candidates who want to become International Professional Technical Analysts.
- Its aim is to create professionals in the field of technical analysis
- Promoting of very high ethical and professional standards in the field of financial trading.
- Helping and guiding the candidates in gaining expertise in professional body of financial knowledge.
- This course teaches you and gives you the ability of reading various points and figures, lines and candle sticks, price perspective past present and future. They also learn and understand relationships between price and price patterns along with what are the trends, what do the trends mean and how to understand and draw them.
If you are confused what is technical analysis vs fundamental analysis, have a look at this comparative article.