Top Best Money Market Books – If you have ever thought of investing in money market, you need to learn. This is the truth. People who know better will earn better. Yes, irrespective of the risk in the money market, if you know about investing and how you can invest and in which stocks; the information would help you make better decisions.
And you have an opportunity to learn. Books are the cheaper way to learn. You can learn by experience, but the cost of experience is too much at the first place. All you need to do is to balance your experiential learning with self-learning.
In the following paragraphs, we are bringing you 10 top books on money market and their reviews and key takeaways. All you need to do is to pick all these books up, read and apply what you learn. You would definitely see a drastic difference in the way you invest in the money market after you go through these books.
Without much ado, let’s get started.
#1 – A Beginner’s Guide to Investing:
How to Grow Your Money the Smart and Easy Way
by Ivy Bytes & Alex Frey
If you are a complete novice and want to explore money market, this is the book you should pick up. See in the review and the best takeaways so that you can understand why we’re recommending the book.
This is the first book you should read if you are a new investor. There are two key things you will learn according to the readers of the book – first, you will the actual number you need to save each year to meet your retirement goal and the formula for it is crystal clear and can be applied with immediate effect; secondly, you will also learn to create a diversified portfolio by investing in various kinds of assets. Precisely, this book will act as a great primer if you are a novice, but you need to read more to learn the advanced tools and techniques.
Best takeaways from this best money market book
- Mitigating risks while achieving high returns is what you learn in this book. In simple terms, you will learn how to make more money than other professional investors; how to double your money in 7 to 10 years; how to choose an investment account that you can keep for a lifetime and much more.
- By reading and applying the tools and techniques in this book, you will bridge the gap between would-be investor to a real investor and will start seeing the benefits within a short period of time.
- You will also learn how to do your financial planning and how to do mutual fund investment without relying too much on your financial planner.
#2 – Stock Market Investing for Beginners:
Essentials to Start Investing Successfully
by Tycho Press
As the title mentioned, it’s a great book for beginners. Let’s find out more in the review and best takeaways.
As an investor you need to learn the technical aspect of investing and practically, there is a lot to learn. But what if you get a book which will pull out the best formulas, calculations and concepts so that you can get started right away! This book is such. Whether you’re a novice in investing or a seasoned professional, you will get to learn a lot from this book. For example, you will learn to calculate the rate of returns, you will learn to determine the risk level, and you will get to know the rule of 72 & how to use it and many more such concepts. This book also advises you about how to sell stocks which many money markets books skip.
Best takeaways from this top money market book
- This book is a brief outlook on how to invest in the money market. It’s just 147 pages long and within these pages you will learn to make your future better by investing in the right manner.
- You will learn all 4 tenets of investing – buying, selling, owning and diversifying.
- The author mentioned that earlier you start to invest, better it would be for you. And this book will show you how.
#3 – How to Make Money in Stocks:
A Winning System in Good Times and Bad, Fourth Edition
by William O’ Neal
This is not a book, but a step by step system which will help you become wise in investment even if you’re a newbie.
This is book which is tested and proved, because the author himself has become multi-millionaire by using the system articulated in this book. This book is particularly written by taking into account the small investors. The methodology emphasized in this book is CANSLIM method which helps investors earn 80% success with 20% effort. However, it may not be applicable for big investors and multi-million dollar portfolio.
Best takeaways from this best money market book
- This book is not a book of judgments. But it’s based on the study of the market winners during the period of 1880 to 2009.
- You will learn the techniques to pick winning stocks before they make big in the market. And you will also get 100 new charts to understand the current profitable trends in the stock market.
- You will also learn tips and tricks to invest wisely in mutual funds and ETFs to improve your earning potential and to maximize your gains in the future.
#4 – The Neatest Little Guide to Stock Market Investing
by Jason Kelly
You will learn everything you need to know about stock market under 336 pages. This is the briefest and most comprehensive guide you would ever find on investment.
Many beginner investors don’t want to do the ground work for investment. If you are one of them, this book wouldn’t work for you. But if you want to know the ground rules and are sincere about making money from your investments, this book can be considered the best serious book for beginner investor. This book is gradual in its approach. The author starts with the basic understanding of stock market and then gradually talks about master investors and their investing style. If you’re not scared of hard work, you will learn a lot from this book.
Best takeaways from this top money market book
- You will learn the basic difference between the changing aspect and the timeless aspect of the stock market. This knowledge will help you become a better investor.
- You will learn a great value averaging plan which will grow 3% in every quarter irrespective of the economic climate.
- You will not only learn the best investment methods used by master investors, but you will also get to know the latest online tools and techniques to equip yourself with smart insights and wise decision making ability for investment.
#5 – The Intelligent Investor:
The Definitive Book on Value Investing. A Book of Practical Counsel (Revised Edition) (Collins Business Essentials)
by Benjamin Graham & Jason Zweig
This book doesn’t need any introduction. This is one of most popular books on investment and widely read too.
If you get this top money market book, you may not need to read any other book on investment. For those of you, who are thinking that this is a book on old school thoughts, think again. This book is 623 pages long and the index alone is of 33 pages. The first nine chapters cover all the fundamental knowledge you need to have about stock market and investing. From chapter 10 to 20, this book goes deep. You will learn fundamental analysis, how you can select stocks, convertible issues and other aspects. Pick this book up if you’re really serious about investment and getting rich in reasonable time.
Best takeaways from this best book on money market
- This book is the culmination of Graham’s original text as well as the latest updates in the stock market.
- It’s considered as a stock investing bible and it’s applicable not only for beginners, but also for professionals who have years of experience in the stock market.
- You will not only learn the tools and techniques of stock market, but you will also get to know the philosophy behind making money.
#6 – Stock Investing for Dummies
by Paul Mladjenovic
Stock Investing for Dummies is a great resource for anyone who is interested in stock investing.
If you want to learn stock investing in the most lucid way, pick this book up. This best money market book is certainly not for people who have advanced knowledge in stock investing; but individuals who are new to the business can learn a lot from this book. This book can be a great primer for more advanced techniques of stock investing. If you want to read anything on stock investing for the first time, pick this book up.
Best takeaways from this top book on money market
- The language is lucid. Even the kids can understand stock investing if they get to read this book.
- You will learn about incorporating stocks in the portfolio, balancing risk & reward and exploring new investment opportunities.
- It’s a perfect beginner guide for stock investing.
#7 – One Up on Wall Street:
How to Use What You Already Know to Make Money in the Market
by Peter Lynch & John Rothchild
This book needs no elaboration. It’s a masterpiece and followed by many stock investors over the years.
This top money market book emphasizes that you need no additional knowledge to be a successful investor. All you need is the application of common sense. Even to brokers and traders who have years of experience in the stock investment come back to this book again and again. Even if this book was written many years ago, this is still relevant and adds tremendous value to the readers that decide to pick this classic.
Best takeaways from this best book on Money Market
- If you follow the step by step method laid out in this book, you don’t need to read anything else in stock investing.
- It’s lucid and written for common people. So you don’t need any extra-ordinary knowledge or skill level to read this book. But once you finish reading this book and start to apply, you would understand your extraordinary ability and skill to make money.
#8 – The Little Book of Common Sense Investing:
The Only Way to Guarantee Your Fair Share of Stock Market Returns
by John C. Bogle
This money market book focuses on index fund and why you should include index fund in your portfolio of investments.
This is written with the regular readers in mind. This is not for those who have years of experience, but they may use it as a refresher. The book starts with a parable and as it goes along it talks about ETF, bond funds and more. Even if this book has some great concepts and ways to make money in investment, this is not a comprehensive book by any means. You need to pick up other books on investing to learn better. But this is one you can start with.
Best takeaways from this top book on Money Market
- The language is lucid and it’s very easy to read through the entire book. Moreover the book is formatted very well. The chapters are short, numbers of examples are many and the data presented are neat and useful.
- There are many diagrams and examples used to illustrate each point. And you will get some sound investment advice.
#9 – A Random Walk down Wall Street:
The Time-tested Strategy for Successful Investing
by Button G. Malkiel
With 1.5 million copies sold, this book is the go-to-guide for investment. Let’s have a glance at the review and the best takeaways.
This book is the best book ever written on investment. At least this is what many experienced professionals of Wall Street think. But this book is not for beginners, but even if you’re a beginner you can attempt to read it. If you don’t understand, learn the terminology or the concept elsewhere. If you follow the advice of this book, you will see a drastic different in the way you investment and manage your portfolio.
Best takeaways from this book
- You will begin to appreciate the investment opportunities in emerging markets once you read this book.
- You will also learn about smart-beta funds the new gimmick of the investment industry.
- And moreover, you will learn almost everything you need to learn in stock investing.
#10 – The Elements of Investing:
Easy Lessons for Every Investor
by Burton G. Malkiel & Charles D. Ellis
This book is written for regular readers by the most influential finance thinkers of all time, Burton G. Malkiel & Charles D. Ellis.
This book is one of the best books ever written for regular investor. But even if you have few years of experience, you can read this book. The readers of the book have mentioned that the principles in the book will enable you to become financially independent. You can read and re-read and will learn a great deal about investment.
Best takeaways from this book
- It’s written in very lucid way, even kids will understand stock investing after reading this book.
- You will learn to focus on long term instead of focusing on marketing fluctuations.
- This book is one of the books you will keep going back to, each and every year if you’re sincere about investment and making money.