List of Top 8 Steve Jobs Books
Steve Jobs was one of the established American entrepreneur, business magnate, inventor, and industrial designer. He was renowned as the Founder and Chairman of Apple Inc. spreading the popularity of iPhones, iPad, and its associated electronic items. Below is the list of books about Steve Jobs –
- Steve Jobs ( Get this book )
- I, Steve – Steve Jobs In His Own Words ( Get this book )
- Steve Jobs: The man who thought different ( Get this book )
- How to Think Like Steve Jobs ( Get this book )
- Who was Steve Jobs? ( Get this book )
- The Steve Jobs Way ( Get this book )
- Steve Jobs: 50 Life and Business Lessons from Steve Jobs ( Get this book )
- The Innovation Secrets of Steve Jobs ( Get this book )
Let us discuss each of the Steve Jobs books in detail along with its key takeaways and reviews.
#1 – Steve Jobs
by Walter Isaacson
This is an autobiography of the unique insights and thoughts of Steve Jobs through 40 interviews. This book represents every aspect of Steve Jobs’s life in detail, from an approach towards personal computers and revolutionizing the market with the iPad, iPod, and iPhone. It offers a lot of aspiration to entrepreneurs and followers of Jobs and how his creative genius transformed the fate of six big industries:
- Personal Computers
- Animated movies
- Tablet Computing
The opinion of all associated with Jobs has been craftily mentioned in the book providing a detailed insight into his roller-coaster life.<< Get this book >>
#2 – I, Steve – Steve Jobs In His Own Words
by George Beahm
This book is a collection of quotes by Steve Jobs for everyone who is seeking innovative inspiration. These insights explain what he termed as ‘the vision thing,’ which was his unmatched ability to envision and successfully bring to the market such quality of consumer products, which proved to be irresistible. This can be seen through the success of the Apple products that have created a niche financially and as a ‘brand value.’<< Get this book >>
#3 – Steve Jobs: The man who thought different
by Karen Blumenthal
This biography is an unbiased description of the Brilliant and dark aspects of the hardware-software guru and his life, which is Steve Jobs. Some of the key features are:
4.9 (1,067 ratings) 250+ Courses | 40+ Projects | 1000+ Hours | Full Lifetime Access | Certificate of Completion
- The transformation which Jobs bought through a bereaved childhood and a hardworking youth.
- Unbiased and authentic information such as his own speech for Stanford in 2005 on himself as a resource.
- Highlighting the dark phase of his life while battling cancer for a decade but how he continued to march his successful road.
- Illustrative boxes have been included to bring in a unique style for understanding the qualities, making him a perfectionist and great software and business figure of the century.
#4 – How to Think Like Steve Jobs
– Daniel Smith
This book throws light on how Jobs drew inspiration and influence from the likes of Thomas Edison and Akiro Morita (founder of Sony Electronics). With a sense of design in both appearance as well and functioning, Jobs possessed the mercurial ability to understand what people wanted before they knew it themselves. He also knew how to sell this idea, which subsequently changed the way technology is looked into by the world.
Every chapter in this book begins with a quote from Jobs examining the thought process and sharp skills used in the journey to the top. It is also the story of Apple’s unique place in the public consciousness that Jobs made possible.<< Get this book >>
#5 – Who was Steve Jobs?
– Pam Pollock
This guide is ideal for middle-level school students to have an understanding of the life of Steve Jobs. An easy to read with simple language, this book on Steve jobs magnifies how after being a college dropout, he took unconventional steps in his path to success and inspired the best and brightest to “change the world” for the better.
This Steve Jobs book covers all the aspects of his personal life and business failures to inspire his way to create an impact of Apple Inc. and turning Pixar into a ground-breaking animation studio.<< Get this book >>
#6 – The Steve Jobs Way
by Jay Elliot
This book on Steve jobs offers a sneak into the managerial and leadership style adopted by Steve Jobs, through the eyes of a colleague of him (Jay Elliot – Senior VP of Apple). Significant portions from the life of Jobs are covered like the design of the initial products such as Macintosh to his sudden dismissal from the firm and later comeback.
It traces his leadership style and culture of Apple to promote simplicity and excellence. There is a further exploration of the 4 key components of ‘leadership’:
There is a personal touch that also enhances another factor close to Jobs, i.e., his obsession with consumer satisfaction and easy usability, which is consistent with Apple products.<< Get this book >>
#7 – Steve Jobs: 50 Life and Business Lessons from Steve Jobs
by George Ilian
Here are 50 lessons drawn from interviews and blogs of Steve Jobs, which one may consider in their lives. It is not a textbook or biography but more of a cheat sheet to pick up the quick tricks instead of a bunch of ideas and concepts before drawing any conclusions.
One can go through various case studies indicating the circumstances Steve Jobs has gone through and how he made his way out of it. The layout of the book on Steve jobs is attractive with every lesson making readers more connected with real-life situations that can be encountered by individuals in their daily lives. It motivates readers to continuously strive in life no matter the challenges one has to encounter in their personal and professional lives.<< Get this book >>
#8 – The Innovation Secrets of Steve Jobs
Insanely Different Principles for Breakthrough Success by Carmine Gallo
This book on Steve jobs reveals the qualities and principles followed by Steve Jobs, making him the most innovative leader in the industry. The 7 inspiring principles of Jobs are:
- Do what you Love – Think differently about your career
- Put a Dent in the Universe – Think differently about one’s vision
- Kick Start your Brain – Think differently about how you think
- Sell Dreams, Not Products – Think differently about customers
- Say No to 1,000 things – Think differently about designs.
- Create Insanely Great Experiences – Think differently about the Brand experience
- Master the Message – Think differently about individual story and achievements
These visionary examples, one can discover exciting new ways to unlock creative potential and foster an environment encouraging innovation and how will it flourish. Readers shall also learn:
- How to match and beat powerful competitors
- Develop the most revolutionary products
- Attract the most loyal customers
- Thrive in the most challenging times
This has been a guide to Books on Steve Jobs. Here we discuss the list of top 8 best books written on Steve Jobs that are highly inspiring and motivational. You may also read the following books –
- Top 6 Benjamin Graham Books
- Decision Making Books
- Self Improvement Books
- Best Biographies Books
- Top 11 Best MBA Admission Books
AMAZON ASSOCIATE DISCLOSURE
WallStreetMojo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.