10 Best Career and Job Search Books
You can teach yourself how to search for jobs in completely different ways. There are new tools and technologies available through which you can access the vast field of potential companies and recruiters. Below is the list of books on job search –
- The 2-Hour Job Search: Using Technology to Get the Right Job Faster ( Get this book )
- Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters 3.0 ( Get this book )
- What Color Is Your Parachute? 2017: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers ( Get this book )
- The Unwritten Rules of the Highly Effective Job Search ( Get this book )
- Landing Your Ideal Job and Landing It Faster: by Maximizing Return On Invested Time ( Get this book )
- Land Your Dream Job Anywhere ( Get this book )
- Job!: Search Optimized ( Get this book )
- The Essential Guide for Hiring & Getting Hired: (Performance-based Hiring Series) ( Get this book )
- 60 Seconds and You’re Hired!: Revised Edition ( Get this book )
- This Is Who We Hire: Employers reveal how to: Get a job. Succeed in it. Get promoted ( Get this book )
Let us discuss each of the job and career search books in detail along with its key takeaways and reviews.
#1 – The 2-Hour Job Search: Using Technology to Get the Right Job Faster
by Steve Dalton
In this age of extreme rush, you need to hustle if you want to land a job. So what would you do? Invest 2 hours in the job search, and whoa, the job is yours. At least this is what Steve Dalton is saying. Have a look at the review and best takeaways of the book.
If you are struggling with networking or email, or what tasks to prioritize, this book will help you very much. But don’t go for the 2 hours catch, because what is mentioned in the book will take a reasonable time to digest and apply. Many people who have read this book have profusely praised the content material. If you are new in a job search and don’t know where to look, you may pick up this book.
The best part of this best job search and career development book is these two –
- First, this book has talked about new techniques for a job search using Google, LinkedIn, Excel, and alumni database.
- Second, this book has also mentioned how to write emails, do networking and leverage your contacts.
#2 – Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters 3.0:
How to Stand Out from the Crowd and Tap Into the Hidden Job Market using Social Media and 999 other Tactics Today
by Jay Conrad Levinson and David E. Perry
This job search book is what it suggests. This book will teach you how to be a guerrilla in your job search. Have a look at the review and best takeaways –
This career development book is transformational. Many readers who have gone through this book have reported that this book has completely transformed their careers. Within a month of applying the strategies mentioned in this book, they got the job they wanted with a reasonable hike and deserved a promotion. So what are you waiting for? Go grab the book, and this single job search book can change your career completely.
There are four things this job search book will help you learn –
- You will learn to present your skill in creative ways that will help you stand out in the fiercely competitive market
- You will get to know the search engine optimization used by top headhunters.
- You will learn new tools and techniques of job search, which are rarely used by 90% of the job seekers.
- You will also get to know yourself well; so that you can implement this new found knowledge in the pursuit of your job search.
#3 – What Color Is Your Parachute? 2017: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers
by Richard N. Bolles
This career development book is a parachute and will help you reach your next level. And it’s pretty much updated too.
According to the readers of this job search book, if you learn one thing from the book, it would be “conversation tips.” In this particular section, you will understand how to answer the interview questions. The author knows exactly why a question is being asked to you in the interview. For example, if you are asked – “Tell me something about yourself,” the recruiter is not looking for your hobbies or interests. All he is looking for relevant skills, knowledge, and experience, which are essentials for the job and whether you do have such skills, knowledge, and expertise or not.
- This book on a job search is particularly useful for recent graduates who are coming out of college and having no clue about what to do. This book will teach them to step by step about the job search.
- Another best thing about the book is its Flower Exercise with advanced tips on social media and other search techniques.
#4 – The Unwritten Rules of the Highly Effective Job Search:
The Proven Program Used by the World’s Leading Career Services Company
by Orville Pierson
If you don’t read any book on job search, start with this.
You will not find a hand-holder in this job search book. But if you read this top job search book, you will learn almost everything that you need to know to grab a new job. The book is based on insiders’ secret of the industry that will help you prepare well for the job market. And the most useful technique of the book is The Pearson Method, which acts as a roadmap for unemployed people.
There are four things you will learn from this book –
- To create a structural search system and measure your progress simultaneously!
- To aim for companies that can fulfill your long-term aspiration in your career!
- To find out your “core message,” which you can use for your job hunt!
- To gallop any job-hunting obstacles and become a rock star in job search!
#5 – Landing Your Ideal Job and Landing It Faster: by Maximizing Return On Invested Time
by Gerry Fusco
This top job search book is short, easy to read, and will talk to the point. You will only need to read 170 pages, and you will have golden nuggets of information at your fingertip.
Whether you are looking for a job or you are just curious about the subject, this book will help you find the sweet spot. Once you begin reading the book, you will understand how easy and convenient a job search really is. All you need to know are the right tools that you can use for maximum effectiveness.
The best part of this job search book is it’s “recession-proof” and the tools and techniques provided in the book work irrespective of the condition in the market. This book has strategies and techniques that are way beyond the curve, and rarely job seekers use these strategies to search for their dream job.<< Get this book >>
#6 – Land Your Dream Job Anywhere:
The Complete Mac’s List Guide to Finding Work You Love
by Mac Prichard, Kris Swanson, & Benjamin Forstag
Would you like to have the advice of world-renowned job matches? If yes, grab this job search book. You will learn proven tools and techniques about how to find your dream job easily.
It doesn’t matter where you live. This top job search book will help you irrespective of your location, skill level, expertise, and experience. All you need to do is to read through the tips provided in the book and apply them to your job search. Many readers have reported that they can’t think of a job search without this book. And maybe they are right as readers all over the world have reiterated the same thing again and again. If you are struggling to get a job and don’t have any idea what to do, grab this book and learn the insights presented in this book. It will help you find the job much faster than you thought possible.
- This job search book is pretty short, just 168 pages. So you can quickly read through the book and apply the ideas mentioned.
- Most people are never taught how to look for a job. But if you pick this book up, you would know-how.
- And the best part of this book is the belief it has conveyed to the job seekers that like other skills, job search is a skill and it’s learnable.
#7 – Job!: Search Optimized
by Rick Gillis, Ronni Bennett, & Chester Elton
If you are a novice in a job search or don’t have much idea, this is the book for you. This top job search book will teach you a valuable lesson that you need to learn if you want to crack the code of your dream job.
This best job search book works. At least this is what most of the readers of the book think. One of the readers mentioned that after reading this book, he has realized how many mistakes he has been making in his resume. Another reader pointed out that this book is the perfect bridge between your resume and your appointment letter.
- The entire focus of this book is on the job seekers and to help them get as many interviews as possible so that they can land their dream job quickly.
- You will learn how to craft your resume and how to make the potential employer say “yes.”
- You will also learn to use social media effectively for the purpose of job search.
#8 – The Essential Guide for Hiring & Getting Hired: (Performance-based Hiring Series)
by Lou Adler
Getting hired is easy if you are know-how. This top job search book will show you how you can understand the formula for hiring and get hired with absolute certainty.
This best job search book bridges the gap between getting hired and hiring with conviction. Actually, what most people don’t get is both recruiters and employees are on the same side, not against each other – all they are trying to find is a sweet spot which will help both of them close the gap. This book is based on performance-based hiring, which is essential if the recruiter and the interviewer want to find common ground.
- The best part of this book is, of course, the performance-based hiring system. A performance-based hiring system is much different than the traditional recruiting and hiring system.
- In this book, you will learn how you can portray your competency for the right kind of job instead of trying to match up with existing jobs available in the market.
#9 – 60 Seconds and You’re Hired!: Revised Edition
by Robin Ryan
If you want to stand out in the crowd with a statement like “infomercial,” you are here for a treat. Grab the book and know why it works.
So you want to know how you would be able to make your mark in 60 seconds flat. Here’s the deal. Create a statement (like an advertisement) which you will use during the interview. This statement will briefly point out your skills, your achievements, your knowledge, and why you are the right candidate for the job. And then, once you feel that your catchphrase is great enough, use it whenever you can.
- You will learn “60-second sell” and the “five-point agenda.”
- You will learn how to answer 100+ tough interview questions.
- You will also understand what questions to ask and what questions to avoid.
- You will also learn negotiation strategies to get paid more and earn better.
- You will also know 20 interview pitfalls you should avoid.
#10 – This Is Who We Hire: Employers reveal how to: Get a job. Success in it. Get promoted
by Alex Groenendyk
This is entirely written from a different perspective. Unlike any job search and career development book, this book talks about the perspectives of employers and how they see the candidates.
Imagine the possibility when you can get into the mind of your interviewer and can learn the secrets of what make you tick. Would you not be pumped up to learn more about it? If yes, grab this book. Many students who are just starting out in their careers have mentioned that this is the best “professional development” book they have ever purchased. Moreover, it’s very easy to read, and the book is formatted in a digestible format.
- You will learn the best strategies and ways to crack the code of a recruiter’s mind.
- You will gain access to the facts which you think you know, but don’t.
- Moreover, this book will give you an idea about how recruiters think about candidates.
AMAZON ASSOCIATE DISCLOSURE
WallStreetMojo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.