List of Top 10 Data Analytics Books
- Data Analytics: Made Accessible
- Too Big to Ignore: The Business Case for Big Data
- Data Strategy: How to Profit from a World of Big Data Analytics and The Internet of Things
- The Accidental Analysts: Show Your Data Who’s the Boss
- Predictive Analytics: The Power to Predict Who Will Click, Buy Lie or Die
- Data Analytics: Become A Master In Data Analytics
- Story Telling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
- Now You See It: Simple Visualisation Techniques for Quantitative Analysis.
- Data Science for Business: What You Need to Know About Data Mining and Data-Analytic Thinking
- Lean Analytics: Use Data to Build a Better Startup
Believe it or not, the world is going digitalized and every life of this globe is revolving around a common central point called DATA. Common men and individuals manage with limited data while industries, governments, and companies process Big-Data to make their decisions with a negligible margin for errors.
Mere raw data has limited usage, data needs to be processed, examined and analyzed in order to extract the desired and draw conclusions or make predictions from them. The field of data analytics is evolving and becoming an industry in itself. Every company wants to grab every piece of data available. Still, Bernard Marr in his book Data Strategy produces a very interesting fact that the data which is currently used and analyzed is less than 0.5% globally.
This article brings to you the must-read books on data analytics. Add these books to your reading list to gain priceless knowledge from experts in the field.
#1 – Data Analytics: Made Accessible
by Anil Maheshwari
Anil Maheshwari with more than 20 years of experience in data-driven industries brings to you a great introductory cum comprehensive masterpiece for both rookies and professionals related to data analytics.
- The book covers every necessary topic of data analytics
- It provides theoretical methods as well as practical guidance using examples and case studies.
- It not only teaches but motivates you to pursue data analytics as a profession.
#2 – Too Big to Ignore
The Business Case for Big Data
by P. Simon
Award-winning author P. Simon introduces a great data analytical manuscript and says that data can never be ignored. Companies like Google, Facebook and Amazon have started exploiting data resource decades before. Governments also gather and analyze data to make citizen friendly policies.
- Explores analytical approaches used by companies and governments
- Companies must address Big-Data to survive in the digital marketplace.
- The book is free from jargon, suitable for even non-technologists.
- The book is loaded with real-world case studies and examples.
#3 – Data Strategy
How to Profit from a World of Big Data Analytics and The Internet of Things
by Bernard Marr
Bernard the Big-Data guru says many business owners still feel discomfort in applying data analytical concepts and thus he presents “Data Strategy” which will definitely change the people think the way they are about data analytics.
- Develop your knowledge about Business Intelligence Strategies.
- Observe the role of BA for a present as well as future scenarios.
- Get valuable information about the internet of things.
#4 – The Accidental Analysts
Show Your Data Who’s the Boss
by Eileen & Stephen McDaniel
The book is a comprehensive reference for both beginners as well as the working professionals. The book provides detailed model building methodologies along with examples and case studies to feel the practical approach.
- Learn step by step the data visualization techniques
- Get to know the techniques and strategies to extract and analyze data.
- Enhance your analytical reach by learning the visualization techniques.
#5 – Predictive Analytics:
The Power to Predict Who Will Click, Buy Lie or Die
by E. Siegel
Predictive analysis is the most important branch of data analytics. The book basically discusses about predicting future trends and possible probabilities. The book with examples not only teaches to predict future outcomes but also explains to you the perfect way to apply the data visualization tools.
- The book is not loaded with mathematical and scientific theories.
- Predictive analysis is useful in advertising, politics, fraud detection, etc.
- Learn stepwise from collecting data to make verifiable predictions.
- Learn techniques of business analytics and its proper usage.
#6 – Data Analytics
Become A Master In Data Analytics
by Richard Dorsey
The book is an extraordinarily intelligent work of Richard Dorsey about data analytics. He says playing with data is not an easy task; you have to identify the proper data analytical model which may vary based on situations.
- Avoid risks and accept challenges while performing data analytical operations.
- Learn analytics approaches like regression, time series and decision trees.
- Dorsey teaches analyzing data in the simplest manner possible.
#7 – Story Telling with Data
A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
by Cole Nussbaumer
The book explains you the perfect way to apply the data visualization tools better understandable, informative and to create an eye soothing story out of the boring raw data.
- Determines the best graphs to be applied according to the situation
- Direct the attention of your audience to the important parts if your presentation in the model.
- Apply various methods of data visualization and data designing
#8 – Now You See It
Simple Visualisation Techniques for Quantitative Analysis
by Stephen Few
Stephen Few introduces a simple and productive way to explore and analyze quantitative data. The book teaches to employ data analytics concepts with a practical approach. Stephen says while playing with data, you have to think with your eyes and hence he also produces various visualization techniques.
- Enhance your analytical reach by applying visualization tools.
- Learn core concepts of data visualization like correlation, multivariable analysis, etc
- Develop practical skills to gain an advantage in a competitive market.
#9 – Data Science for Business
What You Need to Know About Data Mining and Data-Analytic Thinking
by Foster Provost & Tom Fawcett
The all in one data analytical manuscript that discusses everything that you need to know about data mining, business analytics and data visualization. It helps you in constructing your foundation as a data analyst and advances your skills to skyscraper heights.
- Learn fundamental and predictive modelling. Make better decisions
- The title of the book can mislead anyone, but everyone can gain from the simplified teachings backed by tons of examples.
- Develop analytical techniques for gaining a competitive advantage in your company.
# 10 – Lean Analytics
Use Data to Build a Better Startup
by Alistair Croll & Benjamin Yoskovitz
As the title suggests, the book helps you to build a better start-up with the help of data analytics. However, the book has a lot more to teach than just start-ups. Learn to use data in order to take a business idea from a mere product to a big brand.
- Learn the 6 fundamental business models and related data analytics.
- Covers more than 30 real-life case studies and various examples.
- Includes interviews with successful startup entrepreneurs and investors.
Here is the guide to Data Analytics Books. Here we provide the list of top Data Analytics books & a sneak peek in what those books propose & takeaways. You may refer to the following books to learn more –
- Best Data Science Books
- Best Business Analytics and Intelligence Books
- Best Money Books
- Best Business Books
AMAZON ASSOCIATE DISCLOSURE
WallStreetMojo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com