Investment Banking Tutorials
- Investment Banking Free Course
- Investment Banking Basics
- What is Investment Banking? (Overview of what do they actually do!)
- Investment Banking Functions
- Investment Banking vs Commercial Banking
- Equity Research in an Investment Bank
- What is Asset Management Company AMC
- Sales and Trading in Investment Banking
- Private Placement, IPO and FPO in Investment Banking
- Investment Banking – Underwriters and Market Makers
- Investment Banking – Mergers and Acquisitions
- Investment Banking – Restructuring and Reorganisation
- Investment Banking Roles and Responsibilities
- Market Makers
- Propreitary Trading
- Deal Origination (Sourcing)
- Initial Public Offering (IPO)
- Price-Weighted Index
- Publicly Traded Companies
- Top 4 Must Know Investment Banking Charts (Free Download Template included)
- Pitch Book | Guide to Investment Banking Pitch Book (Examples)
- What is LBO?
- Leverage buyout Lbo Analysis
- LBO Financing
- Capital Budgeting
- Capital Budgeting Methods
- Capital Budgeting Examples
- Capital Budgeting Process
- Trading Floor
- Limit Order
- Block Trade
- Gray List
- Market Order vs Limit Order
- Bid vs Ask
- Bid vs Offer Price
- Industry vs Sector
- Merchant Bank
- Money Market Account
- Best Investment Banking Books
- Nasdaq vs Dow Jones
- Nasdaq vs Nyse
- Differences Between NSE and BSE
- SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis Examples
- PEST Analysis Example
- Investment Banking Careers
- Investment Banking Interview Questions (with Answers)
- How to get into Investment Banking?
- Investment Banking Analyst
- Investment Banking Job Description
- Investment Banking Division (IBD)
- Investment Banking Associate Salary
- Analyst vs Associate
- Investment Banking Job For Graduates (Engineers) | Top 8 Tips
- How to get an Investment Banking Internship?
- Top 10 Finance Certifications Programs
- Investment Banking Lifestyle
- Investment Banking Exit Opportunities
- Investment Banking Case Studies
- Top 10 Best Finance courses (with Online Certification)
- Investor Relation Job Description
- Financial Analyst Job Description
- Investment Banking vs Equity Research
- Investment Banking vs Asset Management
- Commercial Banking vs Merchant Banking
- Investment Banking vs Corporate Banking
- Portfolio Management vs Investment Banking
- Investment Banking vs Hedge Fund Manager
- Investment Banking vs Investment Management
- Investment Banking vs Private Equity
- Careers in Trading
- Investment Banking Firms
- Top Bulge Bracket Investment Banks
- Top Middle Market Investment Banks
- Top Boutique Investment Banks
- Investment Banking in Dubai
- Investment Banking In Nigeria
- Investment Banking in Abu Dhabi
- Investment Banking in Hong Kong
- Investment Banking in Russia
- Investment Banking in Brazil
- Investment Banking in China
- Investment Banking in Australia
- Investment Banking in Saudi Arabia
- Investment Banking in Singapore
- Investment Banking in London (UK)
- Investment Banking in India
- Investment Banking in Ireland
- Investment Banking in South Africa
- Investment Banking in Canada
- Investment Banking in Germany
- Investment Banking in France
- Investment Banking in Malaysia
- Investment Banking in Philippines
- Investment Banking in Boston
- Investment Banking in San Francisco
- Investment Banking in Chicago
- Investment Banking in Atlanta
- Investment Banking in Toronto
- Top Banks
- Top Banks in Australia
- Top 10 Banks in the United States of America
- Top Banks In Austria
- Top Banks In Bahrain
- Top Banks In Belgium
- Top Banks In Bermuda
- Top Banks In British Virgin Islands
- Top Banks In Brunei
- Top Banks In Canada
- Top Banks In Cayman Islands
- Top Banks In Denmark
- Top Banks In Finland
- Top Banks In France
- Top Banks In Germany
- Top Banks In Greenland
- Top Banks In Guernsey
- Top Banks In Ireland
- Top Banks In Isle of Man
- Top Banks In Japan
- Top Banks In Kuwait
- Top Banks In Liechtenstein
- Top Banks In Luxembourg
- Top Banks In Macau
- Top Banks In Norway
- Top Banks In Oman
- Top Banks in Pakistan
- Top Banks in Philippines
- Top Banks In Puerto Rico
- Top Banks In Qatar
- Top Banks In Saudi Arabia
- Banks in South Africa
- Top Banks In Singapore
- Top Banks In South Korea
- Top Banks In Sweden
- Top Banks In Switzerland
- Top Banks in UAE
- Top 10 Banks in United Arab Emirates
- Top Banks in United Kingdom
- Top Banks in USA
- Banks in Nigeria
- Top 10 Banks in Netherlands
- Top 10 Banks in Malta
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- What is Mergers and Acquisitions?
- Mergers vs Acquisitions
- Acquisitions Examples
- Horizontal Merger
- Vertical Merger
- Synergy in M&A
- Successful Mergers and Acquisitions
- Financing Acquisitions
- Acquisition Premium (Takeover)
- Statutory Merger
- Joint Venture
- Advantages of Joint Venture
- Types of Joint Venture
- White Knight
- Hostile Takeover
- Golden Parachute
- Poison Pills
- Killer Bees Defense Strategy
- Show Stopper in M&A
- What is Amalgamation?
- Spin off vs Split Off
- Forward Integration
- Backward Integration
- Horizontal vs Vertical Integration
- What is Divesting / Divestiture?
- Bootstrap Effect
- PAC MAN Defense
- Flip-In Poison Pill
- Flip-Over Poison Pill
- Scorched Earth Defense Policy
- Tender Offer
- Friendly Takeover
- Amalgamation vs Merger
- Lobster Trap Defense
- Asset Purchase vs Stock Purchase
- Joint Venture vs Strategic Alliance
- Greenshoe Option
- Dawn Raid Takeovers
- Crown Jewels Defense
- Best Mergers and Acquisitions Books
- What is Asset Restructuring?
- Cryptocurrency Basics
- Bitcoins | Advantages and Disadvantages of Bitcoin Technology
- Cryptocurrency | Top 5 Cryptocurrency You Must Know!
- Bitcoin vs Ethereum | Top 6 Differences You Must Know (Infographics)
- Ethereum vs Litecoin
- Ripple vs Stellar
- Bitcoin vs Cryptocurrency
- Bitcoin vs Blockchain
- Ripple vs Litecoin
- Bitcoin vs Litecoin
- Ethereum vs Ethereum Classic
Overview of banks in Isle of Man
As per the Moody’s Investors Service, the rating for the banking system of the Isle of Man has been stable until the mid of 2016. But after that, Moody’s Investors Service has changed their rating from stable to negative.
Here are few reasons for which they have changed their rating for the banking system of the Isle of Man –
- First of all, there’s a correlation of credit risk between the Isle of Man and the UK. Moody has been able to see the risk in the light of economic, financial, and institutional linkages.
- Secondly, the outlook for growth of the Isle of Man is quite uncertain as of now.
Plus, UK’s exit from the European Union (EU) is quite a setback for the economy of the Isle of Man.
Structure of banks in Isle of Man
There are around 18 banks in Isle of Man as of now.
Out of these 18 banks in Isle of Man, Conister Bank Limited is the only bank which has the domestic capital. All other banks are either subsidiaries of foreign banks or the branches of the same. And among these foreign branches and subsidiaries, most of them are from the UK.
In the year 2016, the Government of the Isle of Man introduced “alternative banking regime” to attract and encourage other banks to come to the Isle of Man.
There are three licenses that the Government issued under the “alternative banking regime”.
- Class 1(1) license to accept retail deposits.
- Class 1(2) license to accept non-retail deposits.
- Class 1(3) license is for representative offices of foreign banks. These banks cannot accept deposits from the Isle of Man.
Top Bank in Isle of Man
Let’s look at the 9 top banks in Isle of Man –
#1. Conister Bank Limited:
This bank is the only bank which has the domestic capital. This top bank in Isle of Man was established in the year 1935, around 82 years ago. The head-quarter of this bank is located in Douglas. At the end of 2016, the total assets acquired by the bank were US $152 million. In the same year, the net profit of this bank was US $1.68 million. It provides services and offers financial products to both corporate and private individuals. It has a depositor scheme which accounts up to 50,000 British Pounds per depositor.
#2. Cayman National Bank & Trust Company (Isle of Man) Limited:
This top bank in Isle of Man was established in the year 1985, around 32 years ago. The head-quarter of this bank is located in Douglas. At the end of 2016, the total assets acquired by the bank were US $1.32 billion. In the same year, the net profit of this bank was US $10.8 million. The bank has got the license from the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority. It offers a whole gamut of products and services to both corporate clients and private customers.
#3. Barclay’s Bank PLC:
Barclay’s Bank PLC of the Isle of Man is the branch of Barclay’s Bank in the United Kingdom. The head-quarter of this bank is situated in Douglas. At the end of 2016, the total assets acquired by the bank were US $1566 billion. In the same year, the net profit of this bank was US $5.2 billion. The bank has got the license from the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority. Barclay’s Bank mainly provides wealth management and investment products and services to its clients.
#4. Isle of Man Bank Limited:
This top bank in Isle of Man is quite old. It was established in the year 1865, around 152 years ago. The head-quarter of this bank is located in Douglas. At the end of 2016, the total assets acquired by the bank were US $1909 million. In the same year, the net profit of this bank was US $10 million. The bank offers a whole gamut of services and products like current and savings bank accounts, financial planning, credit cards, online banking, mortgages, online shares dealing services etc.
#5. The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited:
This is relatively a new top bank in Isle of Man. It was established in the year 1996, just 21 years ago. The head-quarter of this bank is situated in Douglas. This bank has employed around 1500 employees to serve its customers. The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited is the offshore banking branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland group. It also operates as a sister bank of Isle of Bank. The bank has got the license from the Isle of Man Financial Supervision Authority. It offers a whole gamut of corporate banking, investors services, and treasury.
#6. Lloyd Bank International Limited:
Lloyds TSB is comparatively a new bank. It was established in the year 2004, just 13 years ago. As of 2015, it was found that this bank has employed over 1000 people in both the Isle of Man and in the Channel Islands. This bank was first established in Jersey. It has branches in Guernsey and in the Isle of Man. It offers a whole gamut of financial products and services like savings and current bank accounts, mortgage, deposit products, loans, asset management services etc.
#7. Santander UK PLC:
Santander UK PLC was established in the year 1990, just 27 years ago. The head-quarter of this bank is situated in Douglas. Santander UK PLC is the subsidiary of Santander Group. Santander Group is one of largest financial service providers in the UK. This bank is also one of the largest bank deposit takers. It offers a lot of financial products and services under the name of Santander International.
#8. Standard Bank Isle of Man Limited:
This is relatively a new bank in Isle of Man. It was established in the year 1992, just 25 years ago. The head-quarter of this bank is situated in Douglas. Standard Bank of Isle of Man Limited is the subsidiary of Standard Bank Group Limited. Standard Bank Group Limited is based in Johannesburg, South Africa. This bank group has employed around 50,000 employees across the whole world to serve its customers.
#9. Nedbank Private Wealth Limited:
This top bank in Isle of Man was established in the year 1987, around 30 years ago. When it was established it was named Fairbairn Private Bank Limited. Later, in October 2012, the name of the bank was changed to Nedbank Private Wealth Limited. Nedbank Private Wealth Limited is the subsidiary of Nedbank Group Limited. This bank provides a lot of products and services to high-net-worth individuals. The focus of this bank is on wealth management services.
We hope you liked this guide to top banks in Isle of Man. If you are looking forward to making a career in Banking, then you can checkout some of the awesome resources –