Malta is continuously establishing itself as an International Banking Centre and Finance hub in the Mediterranean region despite the ongoing crisis of the Eurozone. Some of the benefits of conducting banking activities in the Malta region are:
- Secured location for Assets and Savings
- Approximately 70 double taxation treaties
- Diversified industries across the region offering a wide range of financial services such as Custodian banking and Trade Finance
- Benefits of EU membership with a prompt, efficient and accessible regulator.
- Governed by the Central Bank of Malta Act (2002) and Banking Act (1994)