CFA Exam Dates
If you want to appear for an exam in June 2020 and December 2020, you might want to consider the important dates before the exam. This article will guide and provide you the actual CFA exam dates for 2020 and everything you need to know before the CFA examCFA ExamThe Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) Program offers a graduate-level curriculum and examination program designed to expand your working knowledge and practical skills related to investment decision-making. . Firstly, here, we will discuss everything in detail. Later, we will provide you with a summary for your convenience. Save this handy guide all the time, so whenever you need to check for the deadline or payment of CFA exam fees or date for downloading the admit card, you will get everything in one place.
Preparing for the CFA Level 1 Exam? – Do have a look at this 70+ video hours CFA Level 1 Course
Without any delay, let’s get started.
CFA Exam Dates 2020 Infographics
CFA Exam 2020 Registration Periods and Fees
|2020 CFA Exam Registration Periods / June 2020 exam registration opens||June 2020|
|Early||2 October 2019|
|Standard||12 February 2020|
|Late||11 March 2020|
CFA 2020 Exam Registration Fees and Deadlines
|Registration Deadlines||New Candidate||End Deadlines|
|Enrolment fee||Total: – US $700||ends 2 October 2019|
|Standard registration fee||Total: – US $1000||ends 12 February 2020|
|Late registration fee||Total: – US $1,450||ends 11 March 2020|
2020 CFA Exam Fees
|Registration Period||Returning & New Candidaten Period|
|Enrolment Fee||Exam Fee: $700|
|Early Registration||Exam Fee: $700|
|Standard Registration||Exam Fee: $1000|
|Late Registration||Exam Fee: $1,450|
CFA 2020 Typical Exam Day Schedule
|Activity||Morning Session||Afternoon Session|
|Candidates begin the check-in process.||8:00 a.m.||1:00 p.m.|
|Doors close, and announcements begin.||8:30 a.m.||1:30 p.m.|
|The timed session begins. Candidates must remain in the room.||9:00 a.m.||2:00 p.m.|
|The timed session ends. Candidates must remain seated until dismissed.||12:00 p.m.||5:00 p.m.|
Let us go by sequence to understand the importance of each CFA exam date for 2020.
August 8, 2019
If you planned to appear for the CFA exam in June 2020, registration opened on August 8, 2019, and for the CFA exam in December 2019, the roster opened on January 24, 2019. You need to pay the one-time $700 enrolment fees during registration. Once you register, you will be able to avail yourself of practice tests and mock tests. On a short note, you need to know whether you are eligible for enrolment before payment of fees.
- To enroll for the CFA Level 1 exam, you need to have a valid international passport. That is the primary requirement. You can check more here.
- You are also required to complete a bachelor’s degree. If you are in the final year of your degree program, you can also apply. Otherwise, you may need four years of experience; it does not need to be investment-related. If not, you need four years of comprehensive education and work experience. Remember, any part-time work experience will not be considered.
You can choose to give this enrolment fee before giving the exam registration fee or along with it.
2nd October 2019
If you want to do early bird registration for the CFA Level 1 exam, the deadline is 2nd October 2019. For that, the fees you pay would be significantly lesser. You need to pay $650. Once you register, you would be able to avail the following: –
- The e-book (what you need to cover in your curriculum). You would be able to purchase a print version for the same if you pay $150 (non-refundable) plus any shipping fees. You can buy it by paying registration fees for an exam or later.
- You will also receive an interactive study planner for taking charge of your time and tracking your preparation for the exam.
- You will receive topic-based practice tests.
- You will also be able to avail of mock exams.
- Moreover, you will also be able to avail a mobile app that includes all of the above (other than the print book you need to pay separately).
6 June 2020
It is an excellent step in making you ready for the CFA exam. Once you register for the CFA Level 1 examCFA Level 1 ExamThe CFA exam is regarded as one of the most difficult to crack. Your preparation, time management, and sequence plays will all play an important role in your journey. for June 2020, you will be able to avail of mock exams free of charge from June 6, 2020. These mock exams will check your exam readiness, and you will be able to get correct answers, brief answers, and curriculum references at the end of mock exams.
12th February 2020
February 12, 2020, is the deadline for the standard registration fee for the CFA exam. The normal registration fee is $1,000. So, you can see that if you decide to do CFA, it is always better to enroll before the deadline of early-bird registration.
Here, you need to keep in mind that the refund for the enrolment and registration fees are available within two business days from the day of registration if by any means if you change your mind. After that, no refund is available, even in extreme situations.
1st February 2020
If you are thinking of availing a scholarship for June 2020, you can apply before 1st If you think of availing a scholarship for June 2020, you can apply before February 1, 2020. CFA Institute offers awareness scholarships to qualified applicants in the media, academic, and financial communities. The scholarship is given to college/university faculty, college students attending a school that is a CFA program partner under CFA’s University Recognition Program, employees or agencies, and media organization employees. The scholarship includes a one-time payment of enrollment fee and can reduce the registration fee to $350 (you will be able to get access to the curriculum ebook as well).
11th March 2020
On this day, your registration deadline ends. You need to pay more (i.e., the $1,450) if you spend just on or before March 11, 2020, as these are late registration fees. You won’t be able to register after this. But there are exceptions. Pay heed below –
Only to the students who have life-threatening illnesses or in case of the severe illness of their family member, or natural disaster or mandatory military service, registration deferral is available. But this happens after considering each case separately. The institute must receive the deferral requests before the scheduled exam or after 10 business days within the exam days.
16th March 2020
March 16, 2020 is the deadline for religious alternate date testing accommodation. If you have any religious obligation or belief preventing you from taking the exam on Saturday, the arrangement is made. In that case, the institute will try to accommodate you to sit for the exam on the Sunday following the regular exam date. There are two types of arranging it –
- If you request a religious alternate date for the first time, you must complete the Religious Alternate Date Request Form. You will get it here. Once you finish filling up the form, you need to send it to the institute. You need to do it within 75 days before the exam day. Once they receive the record, they will receive a confirmation email. Please note that they take four to six weeks for processing.
- If you have sent out a request for a religious alternate date in the past, you do not need to fill the form again. You need to follow the below steps –
- Open a service request (you need to have a login ID).
- Select the “CFA Program” from the drop-down menu of “I have an inquiry about,” select the “CFA Program.”
- Then, in the “specifically” field, select “Religious Alternate Date” from the drop-down menu.
- Add a comment where you will tell the institute that you have already submitted the Religious Alternate Date Form in the past.
- Then, finally, submit the request.
Once the request has been evaluated, the institute will contact you for the same.
By any means, if you feel that you need to change your exam location, then you need to send a test center change request in June 2020. But applying for the change for the test center does not mean that you will be able to avail of it. The institute has mentioned that the change request for the test center is subject to availability. Your submission will not be granted if you apply for a different center in the same metropolitan city. So, if you want to raise a change request, you need to do as follows –
- Login with your id and select the “Change My Test Center” option.
- If your desired test center is not currently listed, that means the center has reached its full capacity. You need to check periodically to see whether the desired center is available or not.
- If your change request for the test center is being approved, you will be able to see it on your admission ticket.
Early May 2020
In early May 2020, you would be able to avail of the exam ticket for June 2020. All you need to do is to follow the below steps –
- First of all, you need to have a valid, unexpired international travel passport.
- Usually, the ticket would be available in early May 2020. But before you can access it, you need to read and agree to the CFA exam’s terms, conditions, and policies.
- Once you access your ticket, it’s time to print it. Print it on unused, clean paper. Remember not to write anything on any part of your ticket.
- It is your responsibility to check your ticket before printing. Different browsers show different results. These are the things that you need your passport to display: –
- First, you should mention your CFA Institute ID number on your ticket.
- Make sure that your ticket shows the last four characters of your passport number.
- Your name should be on your ticket, similar to your CFA Institute account.
- Your passport expiration date should also be mentioned in your ticket.
- Lastly, you should mention your test center’s name, date, and location on your ticket.
- Update your name or passport number if necessary. Your ticket will only show what is in there in the database of the CFA Institute. Along with doing the update, you should also inform the institute about your ticket (if any).
- Finally, check your test center address. Visit your test center before the exam date to make it convenient.
6th and 7th June 2020
That is the date for which you have been preparing all along. So, make sure you take this exam seriously and do your part to do well. Pay attention to the following steps:
- There are a few things you need to consider. Plan to reach before the exam starts. There are two sessions. If you appear for the first session 30 minutes or more past the start of the exam, you will not be allowed to sit for the exam. And, you will also not be allowed to leave the examination hall before the specified time expires for both exams. If you do not sit for the morning exam, you will not sit for the evening exam. It will be helpful if you sit for both exams to receive your exam results.
- You need to carry four things essentially – exam admission ticket, valid international travel passport, approved calculators, and approved writing instruments.
- The candidates’ check-in process will start at 8:00 am. for a morning session and at 1:00 pm. for the evening session. Doors will close for the announcement at 8:30 am. and 1:30 pm., respectively. The first and second sessions will be 3 hours each (9:00 am. – 2:00 pm. & timed session ends 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm. respectively). The students should remain seated until the exams are done.
6 June 2020
That is the date you have been preparing for Asia Pacific (Levels II and III): – Americas and EMEA (Level I, II, and III). So, make sure you take this exam seriously and do your part to do well.
7 June 2020
That is the date you have been preparing for Asia Pacific (Level I only). So, make sure you take this exam seriously and do your part to do well.
6 June 2020
That is the date you have been preparing for Religious Alternate Exam Date Americas and EMEA (all Levels). So, make sure you take this exam seriously and do your part to do well.
8 June 2020
That is the date you have been preparing for the Religious Alternate Exam Date: – Asia Pacific (all Levels). So, make sure you take this exam seriously and do your part to do well.
June 2020–August 2020
During that time, exams are graded. You may get the result within a month, pass or not. So, it would be best if you held your nerve.
During this time, you will get your results. If you have set for the June 2020 exam, you will get a result of “pass” or “did not pass,” You will also receive a summary of your performance in each topic area. Students who do not pass receive additional information about their accounts about the candidates who did not pass the exam. If you did not pass the exam, use the information available by the institute, and prepare for your future exam accordingly. Before registering for the next exam, you can take as much time as you want. If you prepare well and follow all the guidelines, you will clear the exam with flying colors.
CFA level 1, CFA level 2, and CFA level 3 for your result:-
CFA 2019 – 2018 Pass rates vary across levels-
- CFA Level 1 (June 2019) – 41%
- CFA level 2 (June 2019) – 44%
- CFA level 3 (June 2019) – 56%
- CFA level 1 (June 2018) – 43%
- CFA level 2 (June 2018) – 45%
- CFA level 3 (June 2018) – 56%
- CFA level 1 (December 2018) – 45%