CFA Exam Dates – If you are sitting for an exam in June 2020 and December 2019, you may think about the important dates before the exam. In this article, we will guide you and will give you the exact CFA exam dates 2020 for everything you need to do before the CFA exam. First of all, we will discuss everything in detail. Later for your convenience, we will provide you a summary. Keep this guide handy all the time, so that whenever you need to check for deadline or payment of CFA Exam fees or date for downloading admit card, you will get everything at one place.
Preparing for the CFA Level 1 Exam? – Do have a look at this 70+ video hours CFA Level 1 Course
Without any delay, let’s get started.
CFA Exam Dates 2020 Infographics
CFA Exam 2020 Registration Periods and Fees
2020 CFA Exam Registration Periods / June 2020 exam registration opens
|Early||2 October 2019|
|Standard||12 February 2020|
|Late||11 March 2020|
CFA 2020 Exam Registration Fees and Deadlines
|Registration Deadlines||New Candidate||End Deadlines|
|Enrollment Fee||Total:- US$ 700||ends 2 October 2019|
|Standard registration fee||Total:- US$ 1000||ends 12 February 2020|
|Late registration fee||Total:- US$ 1,450||ends 11 March 2020|
2020 CFA Exam Fees
Returning & New Candidate
|Enrollment Fee||Exam Fee:$ 700|
|Early Registration||Exam Fee: $700|
|Standard Registration||Exam Fee: $1000|
|Late Registration||Exam Fee: $1,450|
CFA 2020 Typical Exam Day Schedule
|Activity||Morning Session||Afternoon Session|
|Candidates begin the check-in process.||8:00 a.m.||1:00 p.m.|
|Doors close and announcements begin.||8:30 a.m.||1:30 p.m.|
|The timed session begins. Candidates must remain in the room.||9:00 a.m.||2:00 p.m.|
|The timed session ends. Candidates must remain seated until dismissed.||12:00 p.m.||5:00 p.m.|
Let’s go by sequence and understand the importance of each of these CFA exams dates 2020 one by one.
August 8, 2019
If you are planning to sit for the CFA exam in June 2020 registration has opened on August 8, 2019, and to sit for the CFA exam in December 2019, the registration has opened on 24th January 2019. During registration, you need to pay the one-time US $700 as enrollment fees. Once you register, you will be able to avail of practice tests and mock tests. On a short note, you need to know whether you are eligible for the enrollment before payment of fees.
- To be able to enrol for the CFA Level 1 exam, you need to have an international valid passport. This is the primary requirement. You can check more here.
- You also need to complete a bachelor’s degree or if you are in the final year of your degree program, you can apply. Or you need to have four years of experience; it doesn’t need to be investment-related. Or else you need to have four years of the total education and work experience; remember, part-time work experience won’t be taken into account.
You can choose to give this enrollment fee before giving the exam registration fee or along with it.
2nd October 2019
If you want to do early bird registration for the CFA Level 1 exam, the deadline is 2nd October 2019. For that, the fees you pay would be significantly lesser. You need to pay the US $650. Once you register, you would be able to avail the following –
- The eBook (this is what you need to cover in your curriculum). You would be able to purchase a print version for the same if you pay the US $150 (non-refundable) plus any shipping fees. You can decide to buy at the time of paying registration fees for an exam or on a later date.
- You will also receive an interactive study planner so that you can take charge of your time and track your preparation for the exam.
- You will receive topic-based practice tests.
- You will also be able to avail of mock exams.
- Moreover, you will also be able to avail of a mobile app that includes all of the above (other than the print book for which you need to pay separately).
6 June 2020
This is an excellent step in making you ready for the CFA exam. Once you register for the CFA Level 1 exam for June 2020; you will be able to avail mock exams free of charge from 6 June 2020. These mock exams will check your exam readiness and you would be able to get correct answers, brief answers and curriculum references at the end of mock exams.
12th February 2020
12th February 2020 is the deadline for the standard registration fee for the CFA exam. The standard registration fee is US $1000. You can see that if you decide to do CFA, it’s always better to enrol it before the deadline of early-bird registration.
Here you need to keep in mind that the refund for the enrolment and registration fees are available within 2 business days from the day of registration if by any means if you change your mind. After that, no refund is available even in extreme situations.
1st February 2020
If you are thinking of availing a scholarship for June 2020, you can submit an application before 1st February 2020. CFA Institute offers awareness scholarships to qualified applicants in the media, academic, and financial communities. The scholarship is given to college/university faculty, college students attending a school that is a CFA program partner under CFA’s University Recognition Program, employees or agencies, and media organization employees. The scholarship includes onetime payment of enrolment fee and can reduce the registration fee to the US $350 (you will be able to get access to the curriculum eBook as well).
11th March 2020
On this day your registration deadline ends. You need to pay more (i.e. the US $1450) if you pay just on or before 11th March 2020 as this is the fees for late registration. You won’t be able to register after this. But there are exceptions. Pay heed below –
Only to the students who have life-threatening illnesses or in case of the severe illness of their family member, or natural disaster or mandatory military service, registration deferral is available. But this happens after considering each case separately. The deferral requests should be received by the institute before the scheduled exam or after 10 business days within the days of the exam.
16th March 2020
16th March 2020 is the deadline for religious alternate date testing accommodation. The arrangement is made if you have any religious obligation or belief that prevents you from taking the exam on Saturday. In that case, the institute will try to accommodate you to sit for the exam on the Sunday following the regular exam date. There are two types of arranging it –
- If you are requesting a religious alternate date for the first time, then you need to complete the Religious Alternate Date Request Form. You will get it here. Once you complete filling up the form you need to send it to the institute. You need to do it within 75 days prior to the exam day. Once they will receive the form, they will a confirmation email. Please note that they take four to six weeks for processing.
- If you have sent out a request for a religious alternate date in the past, you don’t need to fill-up the form again, you just need to follow below steps –
- Open a service request (You need to have log in id to do that)
- From the drop-down menu of “I have an inquiry about”, select “CFA Program”
- Then in “specifically” field, select “Religious Alternate Date” from the drop-down menu.
- Add a comment where you will tell the institute that you have already submitted the Religious Alternate Date Form in the past.
- Then finally, submit the request.
Once the request has been evaluated, the institute will contact you for the same.
By any means, if you feel that you need to change your exam location, then you need to send a test centre change request in June 2020. But applying for the change for the test centre doesn’t mean that you will be able to avail it. The institute has clearly mentioned that the change request for the test centre is subject to availability. If you are applying for a different centre in the same metropolitan city then your request wouldn’t be granted. So, if you want to raise a change request, you need to do as follows –
- Login with your id and select the “Change My Test Center” option.
- If your desired test centre is not currently listed that means the centre has reached its full capacity. You need to check periodically to see whether the desired centre is available or not.
- If your change request for the test centre is being approved, you would be able to see it on your admission ticket.
Early May 2020
In early May 2020, you would be able to avail of the exam ticket for June 2020. All you need to do is to follow the below steps –
- First of all, you need to have a valid, unexpired international travel passport.
- Normally, the ticket would be available in early May 2020. But before you can access it, you need to read and agree to terms, conditions, and policies of the CFA exam.
- Once you are done accessing your ticket, it’s time to print it. Print it on unused, clean paper. Remember to not write anything on any part of your ticket.
- It’s your responsibility to check your ticket before printing. Different browsers show different results. These are the things that you need your ticket to display:
- First of all, your CFA Institute ID number should be mentioned on your ticket.
- Make sure that your ticket shows the last four characters of your passport number.
- Your name should be in your ticket as similar to your CFA Institute account.
- Your passport expiration date should also be mentioned in your ticket.
- Lastly, the name, date, and location of your test centre should be mentioned on your ticket.
- Update your name or the passport number if necessary. Your ticket will only show what is in there in the database of the CFA Institute. Along with doing the update, you should also inform the institute about the errors in your ticket (if any).
- Finally, check your test centre address. Visit your test centre before the exam date for making it convenient.
6th and 7th June 2020
This is the date for which you have been preparing all along. So, make sure that you take this exam seriously and do your part to do well. Pay attention to the following steps:
- There are a few things you need to consider. Plan properly so that you can reach before the exam starts. There are two sessions. If you appear for the first session 30 minutes or more past the start of the exam, you won’t be allowed to sit for the exam. And you will also not be allowed to leave the examination hall before the specified time expires for both the exam. If you don’t sit for the morning exam, you won’t be allowed to sit for the evening exam as well. You need to sit for both the exams to be able to receive your exam results.
- You need to carry four things essentially – exam admission ticket, valid international travel passport, approved calculators and approved writing instruments.
- The candidates’ check-in process will start at 8:00 am. for a morning session and at 1:00 pm. for the evening session. Doors will close for the announcement at 8:30 am. and 1:30 pm. respectively. The first and second sessions will be of 3 hours each (9:00 am. – 2:00 pm. & Timed session ends 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm. respectively). The students should remain seated until the exams are done.
6 June 2020
This is the date for which you have been preparing for Asia Pacific (Levels II and III):- Americas and EMEA (Level I, II and III). So, make sure that you take this exam seriously and do your part to do well.
7 June 2020
This is the date for which you have been preparing for Asia Pacific (Level I only). So, make sure that you take this exam seriously and do your part to do well.
6 June 2020
This is the date for which you have been preparing for Religious Alternate Exam Date Americas and EMEA (all Levels). So, make sure that you take this exam seriously and do your part to do well.
8 June 2020
This is the date for which you have been preparing for Religious Alternate Exam Date:- Asia Pacific (all Levels). So, make sure that you take this exam seriously and do your part to do well.
June 2020–August 2020
During this time the exams are being graded. Within a month, you would get the result whether you pass the exam or not. During this time, you need to hold your nerve.
During this time, you will get your results. If you have set for the June 2020 exam, you will get a result of “pass” or “did not pass” and you will also receive a summary of your performance in each topic area. Students who do not pass receive additional information about their performance in relation to the candidates who did not pass the exam. It is advised that if you did not pass the exam, use the information available by the institute and prepare for your future exam accordingly. You can take as much time as you want before registering for the next exam. If you prepare well and follow all the guidelines, then you will clear the exam with flying colours.
CFA level 1, CFA level 2 and CFA level 3 for your result:-
CFA 2019 – 2018 Pass rates vary across levels-
CFA Level 1 (June 2019) – 41%
CFA level 2 (June 2019) – 44%
CFA level 3 (June 2019) – 56%
CFA level 1 (June 2018) – 43%
CFA level 2 (June 2018) – 45%
CFA level 3 (June 2018) – 56%
CFA level 1 (December 2018) – 45%