- CFA Exam
- CFA Exam
- CFA Level 1 Study Plan
- CFA Level 2 Study Plan
- CFA Level 3 Study Plan
- CFA Salary
- CFA Exam Dates
- CFA Level 1 Course
- CFA Level 2 Course
- CFA vs FRM
- CPA vs CFA
- CFA vs MBA
- CFA vs CFP
- CFA vs ACCA
- CIMA vs CFA
- CFA vs PRM
- CFA vs CAIA
- CFA vs CMT
- CFA vs CQF
- CFA vs CIPM
- CFA vs CMA
- CFA vs CWM
- CFA vs Series 7
- CLARITAS vs CFA
- FRM Exam
- PRM Exam
- CPA Exam
- ICAI Exam
- CFP Exam
- ACA and ACCA
- CIPM Exam
- CAIA Exam
- CFA Investment Foundation Exam
- CIMA Exam
- CMA Exam
- BMC Exam
- CFT Exam
- NCFM Exam
Claritas vs IMC – Comparing The Certifications. If you look at both of these, you will find them affordable courses with a lot of benefits. Yes, you need to choose between these two. And we will guide you in the following ways. But before that you need to understand something else.
- First, you should opt for Claritas® Investment Certificate if you want a lot of flexibility. Because it’s pretty easy to clear and the mode of exam is also very convenient. IMC (Investment Management Certificate) is also very good. However, IMC is little stricter than Claritas®.
- Second, Claritas® and IMC both have almost zero entry barriers. So, if you choose to do any one of them or both, there’s no exam requirement. You only need to be good in English.
- Both are the courses for people who want to add some knowledge to their knowledge portfolio. They cannot replace the value of doing CFA or CPA or other financial domain programs. Having said that, the value of both these courses is quite good.
Now let’s look at all the details of Claritas® and IMC and decide for yourself which suits you best. In this post we explore the following;
- Claritas vs IMC Infographics
- What is Claritas?
- What is IMC (Investment Management Certificate)?
- Key Differences between Claritas® and IMC
- Why pursue Claritas?
- Why pursue IMC?
Claritas vs IMC Infographics
Reading time : 90 seconds
Lets understand the difference between these two streams with the help of this Claritas® vs IMC Infographics.
Claritas vs IMC Summary
|Certification Organised by||Claritas is one of the best investment related courses in the world. It’s organized by CFA Institute, USA.||IMC (Investment Management Certificate) is recognized and organized by CFA Society, United Kingdom. This course is more popular in UK than in the whole world. But the subjects taught under this course have relevance in all over the world.|
|Number of levels||Claritas has seven modules. They all are Industry Overview (5%), Ethics and Regulation (10%), Inputs and tools (20%), Investment Instruments (20%), Industry Structure (20%), Serving Client Needs (5%), and Industry Controls (20%) respectively.||IMC has only two levels. They call them units – Unit 1 and Unit 2. The exam for each unit occurs separately.|
|Mode/Duration of exam||As we mentioned earlier, to pass Claritas exam, you just need to sit for 2 hours and answer 120 multiple choice questions. And you’re done. But don’t go by just its examination. If you don’t prepare well, chances are that you need to re-enrol yourself for the examination.||As mentioned earlier, IMC has two separate units. For clearing the Unit-1, students need to sit for 1 hour 40 minutes and answer 85 multiple choice, item sets and gap-fill style questions; and for Unit-2, students need to sit for 2 hours 20 minutes and answer 105 multiple choice, item sets and gap-fill style questions.|
|Exam Window||Giving exam for Claritas is super easy. You can choose to sit for exam anytime within 6 months from the date of registration.||For IMC, students can sit for exam within one year of registration. Students can attempt four times a year for clearing IMC.|
|Subjects||Claritas has a very small syllabus. Only 100 hours of study you need to do. If you do it with concentration, you would be able to clear Claritas exam. Thus, you can imagine there are no subjects, but chapters under seven modules.|
Module – 1:
- Chapter 1 – The investment industry: A top-down approach
Module – 2:
- Chapter 2 – Ethics & Investment Professionalism
- Chapter 3 – Regulation
Module – 3:
- Chapter 4 – Microeconomics
- Chapter 5 – Macroeconomics
- Chapter 6 – Economics of International Trends
- Chapter 7 – Financial Statements
- Chapter 8 – Quantitative Concepts
Module – 4:
- Chapter 9 – Debt Securities
- Chapter 10 – Equity Securities
- Chapter 11 – Derivatives
- Chapter 12 – Alternative Investments
Module – 5:
- Chapter 13 – Structure of the Investment Industry
- Chapter 14 – Investment Vehicles
- Chapter 15 – The functioning of Financial Markets
Module – 6:
- Chapter 16 – Investors & Their needs
- Chapter 17 – Investment Management
Module – 7:
- Chapter 18 – Risk Management
- Chapter 19 – Performance Evaluation
- Chapter 20 – Investment Industry Documentation
|In case of IMC, there are two units as we have mentioned before. In case of IMC as well, there are no subjects, only topics. Let’s look at the topics under each unit.
Unit – 1:
- Topic 1 – Financial Markets and Institutions
- Topic 2 – Ethics and Investment Professionalism
- Topic 3 – The Regulation of Financial Markets and Institutions
- Topic 4 – Legal Concepts
- Topic 5 – Client Advice
- Topic 6 – Taxation
Unit – 2:
- Topic 7 – Quantitative Methods
- Topic 8 – Micro-economics
- Topic 9 – Macro-economics
- Topic 10 – Accounting
- Topic 11 – Equities
- Topic 12 – Fixed Income
- Topic 13 – Derivatives
- Topic 14 – Alternative Investments
- Topic 15 – Portfolio Management
- Topic 16 – Investment Products
- Topic 17 – Investment Performance Measurement
|Pass Percentage||The pass percentage is quite high in Claritas. The pass percentage till now is 85%. Almost 6,480 students have already passed out after completing their Claritas program.||The pass percentage for IMC is also quite high. In each of the exam, the pass rate is 80%.|
|Fees||Individual registration costs US$685, and includes access to all study materials, the exam registration fee, and one exam sitting. But if you pay the fees in group, you may get some discount (around US $50).||In addition to your programme fees, there may be additional charges associated with your studies, which include:
IMC - unit 1
Examination fee: £240
IMC - unit 2
Examination fee: £255
|Job opportunities/Job titles||The job opportunities for Claritas are noteworthy as it’s one of the best investment courses in the world, recognized by the top-notch CFA Institute. If you want to shift your career from any other domains to finance/investment domain, this is very good course. It’s best suited for entry level professionals into investment domain and also for professionals who are already in the investment field.||If you complete IMC, you have huge recognition all over the world. Even if it’s more popular in UK, the whole world is also embracing IMC with open hands. The best two job-titles after doing IMC are Analyst and Fund Manager. You can also look into other financial domains for job prospects.|
What is Claritas?
- Claritas® is one of the best investment courses in the world. And it’s organized by one of the best institutes in the world – the CFA institute.
- The best part of Claritas® program is that you don’t need to have any entry requirement or any prior qualification to be able to sit for the exam in Claritas®. The only requirement is that you need to be good in English to understand the material and to give the exam.
- Another beautiful thing about Claritas® is that it’s only 100 hours program and you can do it at your pace. CFA Institute will provide with all the materials (including eBooks and mock tests). You just need to prepare and sit for the exam within 6 months from the day of registration.
- The exam for this course is just 2 hours. You need to sit for 2 hours exam and need to answer 120 multiple choice questions and you’re done.
- The fees for this course are very affordable. Getting a globally recognized course within this range is really a boon.
What is IMC?
- If you want to boost your career or want to be called expert in the investment domain, choose this course. This is more popular in UK, but it has relevance in all over the world. And it’s organized by CFA Society, United Kingdom.
- It consists of only two units and you merely need to study for 180 hours.
- The exam methodology is unique and helpful for students. Students can attempt 4 times in a year. As the percentage of marks is great, most of the students pass this exam without any issue.
Key differences between Claritas vs IMC
There are few differences between Claritas® and IMC. Let’s look at few of the differences.
The fees for IMC are a little bit higher than the Claritas®. Even if the difference is of only few thousand dollars, sometimes it makes a huge difference (hint – what if you don’t clear IMC in one go).
Claritas® is much more convenient than IMC. If you want to pass Claritas®, you only need to sit for one two hours exam and that’s it. But for IMC, you need to sit separately for Unit-1 and Unit-2 examinations.
Both of the programs don’t require any prior qualification. But to complete IMC, it’s recommended that one should complete her bachelor’s degree program.
If you notice the syllabus of Claritas® and IMC, few subjects are similar. But syllabus of IMC is more precise whereas the curriculum of Claritas® is more comprehensive.
Why pursue Claritas?
There are few fundamental reasons for which students should pursue Claritas®.
- It was found from the candidate survey that most of the candidates (almost 76%) want to pursue Claritas® because they want to increase the knowledge of the industry.
- 43% of the candidates did the course because the course is affiliated with one of the top notch institutes in the world – CFA institute.
- 30% believed that Claritas® course would give them a boost in confidence in carrying out tasks in their present domain of work.
- 27% wanted to do the course because they could understand the value of getting a global professional network handy as a value addition of the course.
- 24% wanted to improve their career graph and thus they went for Claritas® course.
- Moreover, you need to find your own reason why you want to pursue Claritas® course. But the above survey covers almost everything students should do the Claritas® course for.
Why pursue IMC?
- Students should pursue IMC because it is one of the top-rated investment courses in the world. And it is very much flexible for students who are working professionals as well.
- The syllabus of IMC is very much precise. You don’t need to study any subject. There are only 2 units. Out of which there are total 17 topics. You can study at your own pace. Only thing is you need to sit for exam within one year of the registration date.
- You will see that IMC doesn’t only teach you about investment; it also covers management studies as well. Knowing about investment is not enough. You need to know how to manage things in a professional setting as well. So, IMC is a culmination of both the course which makes it unique and attractive to its students.
Other useful comparisons
Business Philosopher Jim Rohn said that – “No matter what you do, make sure everything that you do is the product of your own conclusion.” So, take this advice to heart. Claritas® and IMC both are excellent course. But after going through the courseware, you need to decide which applies to your setting. Choosing a course over other courses is an overwhelming task. Thus, we gave you the details of what you should pay heed to and what you should ignore.
But here’s what we think you should do. These are the hypothetical situations and they may or may not work in your own professional career. If you want to get an entry to investment domain or want to do a starting course in investment analysis, there is nothing more comprehensive course than Claritas®. Moreover it doesn’t require any prior qualification and you also don’t need to have any work experience in the same domain. So, if you’re working for IT, you can shift and do this course and join an organization which will let you take care of the investment analysis domain.
If you want to go for something core-based investment course, do IMC along with CFA. If you do both IMC and CFA, nothing is more lethal than that.