Free Packing Slip Template
A packing slip template is a physical document that mentions the items that are ready to be shipped to the customer. This document is posted at the outside of any box, cartons or containers and provides all the required information pertaining to the goods that are meant to be shipped. This document enlists all the significant details of the goods that are being shipped such as about the supplier of the goods, the company via whom the goods are being shipped as well as the customer who is entitled to receive the goods under the consideration.
Packing slip document also has the logo of the company and includes all other details related to the shipping of the products such as date of invoice, customer id, purchase order number, quantity ordered, quantity shipped, description of the goods, the weight of the goods, etc.
4.9 (1,067 ratings) 250+ Courses | 40+ Projects | 1000+ Hours | Full Lifetime Access | Certificate of Completion
About the Template
This is used by companies to provide all the necessary details of the goods that are being shipped in one place. This document is pasted outside of the containers, boxes, or cartons in which the goods are being shipped which makes it easy for anyone to have access to all the necessary information concerning the goods that are being shipped to the customers.
- The template offers a concise yet significant detail of the goods that are being shipped. It will not only ease the job of the companies that are getting their goods shipped but will also simplify the process for the shipping company and the buyer of the goods.
- The users must provide the logo of their company in the template itself and then proceed with filling the details like name, address, postal code, contact numbers, email id, and fax.
- After that, the users must even fill up the shipping details where they will need to enter the details of the shipping company such as name, address, postal code, contact numbers, email id, and fax.
- The users must then proceed with entering the details of the buyer of the goods to whom the same are getting delivered and must provide all the details of the customer such as name, address, postal code, contact numbers, email id, and fax.
- The users after filling all the details pertaining to the company, shipping company and the customer of the goods must proceed with filling up the date of the invoice.
- The users must carefully fill up the date and must cross-check to ensure the input is not wrongly filled. The users must then cross-verify all the above-mentioned details to ensure that there are no errors. The details must be accurate and without any spelling mistakes or wrong information or blank spaces.
- The failure to maintain the packing slip document error-free can create a huge mess and a lot of confusion in the future and the implications of the same will not only be faced by the company at the selling end but also the customers of the goods that are being shipped.
- Once all these details are provided and cross-verified, the users can proceed to fill the next segment where they will need to mention the purchase order number, quantity ordered, quantity delivered a description of the goods, along with the weight of the goods.
- After filling up all these details, the users must go through whatever they have filled in this segment for ensuring there are zero errors and even if there have been they can track it and rectify as and wherever required.
- Once this is created, the users can take the copies of the same and paste it on the boxes, containers or cartons in whichever the goods are supposed to be shipped to the customer.
How to Use This Packing Slip Template?
- This template attached in the article can ease the job of the users as they can simply download the same and fill in all the details as and wherever asked without having the need to waste their precious time in creating one from scratch or the beginning.
- This template can be used by the user of the template by following the different steps. Firstly, the users must paste their company’s logo in the packing slip template. Then the users must fill up the company’s details like name of the company, its address, postal code contact numbers, email id, and fax number.
- After that, the users must mention the details of the shipping company such as its name, address, contact numbers, and email id and must fill up the details of the customer such as his or her name, address, contact numbers, and email id and then the users should move on with filling up the date of invoice and customer id.
- Now the user can proceed with the next segment where they will need to fill up the details like the purchase order number, quantity ordered, quantity delivered, description of the goods, along with the weight of the goods.
- Needless to say, the users must exercise due care while filling up all these details since the failure to maintain accuracy can cause trouble for both the buyer and the supplier of the goods. At the last, the users must cross-check the template and confirm that there are no errors.
- The slightest of error in the packing slip template can create room for confusion for not just the buyer and the supplier but the shipping company too. Therefore, the accuracy of the packing slip template must always be ensured prior to the issuance of the same.
This has been a guide to Packing Slip Template. Here we provide you with a free downloadable packing slip template that is used by companies to provide all the necessary details of the goods. Also, you can download and use this template in PDF, CSV, or in Excel format.
You can also take a look at our other useful articles-