Onedrive is feature of Microsoft where users can share or view their documents or data anywhere on the web, similarly for excel when we save the file we have an option to save the data on Onedrive so that we can share the file to the multiple users to view or edit it or simply a single user can access it from anywhere in the world.
Excel Onedrive (Table of Contents)
What is OneDrive Excel?
It is an online service where you can save your files on the cloud. It helps you to store and ensure your records, share them with others, and get to them from anyplace on the entirety of from gadgets. When you utilize OneDrive with a record given by your organization or school, it’s occasionally called OneDrive for Business.
OneDrive is a tool which is very beneficial in today’s digital world, it helps to get the data online once stored the data online. It is good for the people who want all the data from a single platform. It is a type of cloud where all the user’s data stored on a server which you are not able to see, it is just an online platform for which Microsoft is providing the benefit for storage of document.
How to Save Excel Files in Microsoft OneDrive?
- When you are saving the file, click on file option and see the option save or save as.
- Go to Save as Option in Excel and choose OneDrive at the right-hand upper side.
- Click on Sign In and enter details if you are a registered user of Microsoft Account.
- Enter your email address/contact number to sign in. If you are already registered user of OneDrive:
- Enter a password and you are now able to use Microsoft Excel OneDrive.
- If you are not registered with this online platform, click on sign up to register an account or use the link https://onedrive.live.com
- Click on Sign Up for Free.
- Create the account by filling the necessary details in the required box. If you have Outlook.com or Xbox live account, no need to signup for the new account.
- We can sign up the account with phone or email address and need to verify the email address by entering the verification code.
- After Sign Up for the account, now you can access the one drive files.
- Once you click, as shown above, it will directly go to files which are already on your computer.
- Select the folder and Save the file.
- Now you can easily edit this file online from anywhere even without installing the excel software in your computer.
How to Open OneDrive Excel Files Online?
- Open the web browser, use web address onedrive.com
- Select the folder where you have saved the file, click on the file, open it and start working on your file.
Benefits of using Excel OneDrive
- Access your file from anywhere in the world if the internet connects and the gadget is with you.
- OneDrive is private until and unless you won’t share with anyone.
- It provides you free storage of up to 15 GB.
- Story any kind of file whether it is documented, excel files, word document, photos, videos, etc.
- You can easily share the data with anyone.
- Also, you can link the one drive account with social network sites.
Disadvantage of using Excel OneDrive
- OneDrive functions good for the individual, yet is restricting when it comes to sharing documents with your colleagues, and customers/providers/stakeholders as well.
- Users need to follow some standard security measures to avoid any kind of misuse of their files by others, so they should use a strong password.
- Always try to share the data with others which are required, not to share all your files with other people.
- While your files are synced with one drive, it got altered while uploading the files on the drive.
Things to remember while working on OneDrive
- Share the file with trusted users only.
- While working online, no need to save the file manually it got automatically saved on a server.
- When you are saving your files online, make sure file should be uploaded successfully otherwise you won’t be able to access the file online.
- Always make sure to take a backup of your files.
- OneDrive App can be download and used in mobile phones as well.
- Always check that which folder you want to sync with OneDrive.
This has been a guide to Excel OneDrive. Here we discuss step by step how to save and use Microsoft excel OneDrive along with examples. You can also go through our other suggested articles here –