Investment Banking Tutorials
- Investment Banking Careers
- Investment Banking Interview Questions (with Answers)
- How to get into Investment Banking?
- Investment Banking Analyst
- Investment Banking Job Description
- Investment Banking Division (IBD)
- Investment Banking Associate Salary
- Analyst vs Associate
- Investment Banking Job For Graduates (Engineers) | Top 8 Tips
- How to get an Investment Banking Internship?
- Top 10 Finance Certifications Programs
- Investment Banking Lifestyle
- Investment Banking Exit Opportunities
- Investment Banking Case Studies
- Top 10 Best Finance courses (with Online Certification)
- Investor Relation Job Description
- Financial Analyst Job Description
- Investment Banking vs Equity Research
- Investment Banking vs Asset Management
- Commercial Banking vs Merchant Banking
- Investment Banking vs Corporate Banking
- Portfolio Management vs Investment Banking
- Investment Banking vs Hedge Fund Manager
- Investment Banking vs Investment Management
- Investment Banking vs Private Equity
- Investment Banking Basics (44+)
- Investment Banking Firms (27+)
- Top Banks (42+)
- Mergers and Acquisitions (45+)
- Cryptocurrency Basics (10+)
Investor Relation Job Description (IR)
Across the Business World, there are numerous events, chain of actions, a corporate strategy which happens regularly in each and every company. The Company is bound to disclose all the matters to the investors in a verbal (primarily through telephone) or through written in form of an article. This bridges the gap between the investors (primarily Equity shareholders) and the Management who takes part in Business Decisions. In other words, it is not always possible to communicate through postal ballots regarding each and every matter by the company with the retail and as well as Institutional shareholders and hence all the occurrence and events should be communicated through common forums or Company website.
This Investor Relation job is basically diversified in nature; the person should have good communication skills (both written and verbal). This Investor Relation job cannot be performed by any robot or by artificial intelligence machine. This is because a certain sense of formatting (writing procedure) is required and should be communicated in simple language which would be understandable to major people who is an Investor in that particular company or an Equity Research Analyst, This Investor Relation job is also who tracks the Business and reports it’s to the distinctive share-holders.
4.9 (1,067 ratings)
Investor Relation Job Qualifications
Primary Investor Relation Job Role: The candidate should be accountable for proper communications between the Management and the Investor community. He/ She would be entitled to the task of delivering clear information and data as instructed by the Management on behalf of the company.
Desired Qualifications: The Candidate should have a Graduation degree from a recognized University with a specialization in Finance/ Accounts. A Post Graduate degree such as MBA (Finance) or Masters in Commerce is not actually necessary but would be taken as an additional advantage. He/ She should have the ability of good presentation along with good writing skills. Should be able to collect information from the top-level management and should have the desired skill of listening Management’s commentary. Financial knowledge would add additional points on behalf of the candidate.
Investor Relation Job Description – Responsibilities and Skills
Below snapshot provides details of Investor relation job description and its roles and responsibilites.
- The very first thing mentioned in the Investor relation job description is maintaining a proper Investor Relations (IR) plan and upgrading as per requirement.
- Detail comprehensive and competitive analysis of different financial models/ Financials tools/ Financial Metrics etc.
- Monitoring performance and result oriented metrics in daily/ weekly / monthly/ Quarterly basis.
- Identifying the different class of shareholders and presenting in accordance with their requirements.
- Detecting the ongoing operational changes in the Organizations and tracking them through ongoing contacts with Management and convey properly with the Investors.
- Training and development programs with company spokespersons on a regular interval.
- Investor relation job description also mentions that you should maintain and create press releases, presentations and other communication documents of Organization related, earnings-related, several events and strategy for the brokers, Analysts, Institutional Investors.
- Manufacturing data and reports of productions of overseas branches and subsidiaries should be disclosed in a timely manner.
- Investor relation job description includes that the candidate should read the Analysts reports and should be summarized them in order to pass it to the Top-level management.
- Relationship building with the members of stock exchanges to perform the tasks smoothly.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for the investment community.
- Constant updating of ‘Investor Relations (IR)’ section in the company website on a regular interval.
- Arranging of Conferences, Roadshows, Earnings transcript calls and investors interactions whenever required.
- Investor relation job description includes Tracking Investor’s perception and query in a regular basis and convey the same to the Management and to resolve any discrimination if they arise.
- After any Earning release or publications of Financial Results, the necessary feedback of the Investment community is required to convey to the Top-level management. In case of any differences in opinion, it is the duty of Investor Relations (IR) to remove the ambiguity between the Management and Investment groups.
- For proper Corporate Strategy, the management needs the exact views of Investment Community and hence proper views of Investors should be given to the Management.
- In case of a share buyback or declaration of Dividend (both interim and final), it is the duty of Investor relation to providing accurate feedback of Institutional and as well as Retail Investors.
Investor Relation Job Description (IR) – Career Growth & Objectives
An Investor Relations (IR) job has seen potential growth nowadays. Due to ever-changing and dynamism of Business and additions of new compliances and Audit transparency regarding the disclosure of Full Financials Statement as and when published, the involvement and necessity of well-trained IR team has been evolved as one of the primary needs in modern days. The Corporate world has recognized the value of well trained IR team and its contribution for raising the value of Stock price provided that all the data are clearly disclosed in the Financial/Earnings reported by the company. The basic fact is that a proper and clear presentation of all the Data is necessary where from the Shareholders primarily the Retail one would be able to identify what is actually happening to the Business or in other words, are their (investor’s) investments are worthy? There is a recent trend which has evolved where it is seen that Candidates with proper experiences in Company Communications, Fund Management, Corporate Financing, Accounting, and Finance are switching their profile to Investor Relations (IR) job.
Few major reasons for these shift in Career are that the candidates who are well aware of handling Investor’s grievances and investor’s perceptions and they are able to manage it in a proper manner. As per a research conducted by the London Stock exchange, it has been established that an effective Investor Relations (IR) Team reduces the capital expenses and well as does justice to the liquidity of the stock price and Fair security valuation.
Thus, more and more Business houses are looking forward to well-trained Investor’s Relation executives for proper valuation of the Company’s Stock in the Security Exchange. The simple and basic reason is that when investors are well aware of a Business, then only they can actively participate Stock buying provided that the Business has future Earning capability.
This has been a guide to Investor Relation Job Description. Here we discuss roles and responsibilities of Investor relations along with career growth, skills and qualifications required. You can also have a look at these articles below to learn more about Corporate Finance –