TRUE Function in Excel
TRUE excel function in excel is a logical function which does not need any arguments in it to operate, as it is a true function the output returned by this function is true, this formula is used by various other conditional functions such as IF function so that if the condition is met the output returned is true or it is returned as false when the conditions do not meet.
There is no parameter or arguments are used in the TRUE Excel Formula.
How to use TRUE Formula in Excel?
You can understand the working of TRUE function by using the below examples.
Use the simple TRUE function in an excel cell.
The output will be TRUE.
Let’s consider another example of the TRUE Excel Function. We can use a TRUE function with other functions as if here is an example as follows:
Here if condition met with the value then it will return the TRUE as output else it will return False as result.
4.9 (1,353 ratings) 35+ Courses | 120+ Hours | Full Lifetime Access | Certificate of Completion
We can use it to make calculations. For example, we can calculate the following calculations by using TRUE Excel.
Here we use the output of TURE and FALSE function and multiply it with 5 then the result will 5 for TRUE and 0 for False.
In the below example we use the TRUE function with if function in excel to compare the two-column values with each other’s.
It will return the TRUE for matched values in column H and J and return FALSE if the value did not match in Column H and J.
TRUE Excel can be used to check the cell value has a certain value or not. We can achieve a simple cell check by using TURE and if functions details are as follows:
=IF(D55,”Cell has 5″,”Cell does not have 5″)
It will return Cell has 5 as output if cell D53 has 5 and return Cell does not have 5 if the value in D53 does not 5.
Things to Remember
- TRUE & TRUE() both are unique.
- TRUE() function is basically used with other functions.
- Using TRUE without bracket gives you the same result.
- For calculation purpose TRUE is a 1 and False is a 0 and these can be used for calculation also
- The TRUE function is provided for compatibility with other sheets applications; it may not be needed in standard situations.
- If we want to enter TRUE, or if we want to provide TRUE as a result in a true excel formula, we can just put the word TRUE directly in an excel cell or formula and Excel will return it as the logical value TRUE as output.
For example: =IF (A1<0, TRUE ()), =IF (A1<0, TRUE)
- We also need to remember that logical expressions will also return automatically TRUE and FALSE as results.
- The TRUE function was first used in Microsoft Excel 2007.
This has been a guide to TRUE Function in Excel. Here we discuss the TRUE Excel Formula and how to use TRUE Function in Excel along with practical examples and downloadable excel templates. You may also look at these useful functions in excel