How to Insert Button in Excel
Buttons in excel are single-click commands which are inserted to perform certain task for us, buttons are used in macros and it can be inserted by enabling developer’s tab, in the insert form controls in excel we can find button tab to insert a button and then we draw the button on the worksheet, normally the button is in design mode but after coding we can remove it and use it.
While using the insert option, first, you need to insert the developer option in your excel ribbon.
Steps to Insert Developer Option in Excel Ribbon
- Step #1 – Go to file option and click on the option at the bottom of the file option:
- Step #2 – When you click on Option, it enables one dialogue box and goes to customize Ribbon in excel:
- Step #3 – Now, you will be able to see so many options under the customize ribbon tab; click on the checkbox adjacent to the developer, which enables the developer option in your Excel ribbon:
- Step #4 – When you check the developer option, click Ok to confirm the same:
- Step#5 – Now you will be able to see the developer tab in you excel ribbon option as shown below:
How to Make use of Insert Button Option in Excel?
Excel Insert button is used if you want to add the control in your documents, for e.g., checkbox, scroll button, etc.
4.9 (1,353 ratings) 35+ Courses | 120+ Hours | Full Lifetime Access | Certificate of Completion
- Step#1 – Select the data and organize the data as per the requirement.
- Step#2 – Go to the Developer tab and select the insert option under the tab.
- Step#3 – Click on the insert and see what option is required in your data:
- Step#4 – Click on to checkbox option; it enables you to create the checkbox in your sheet where it is required:
- Step#5 – Click in the cell in your data where you want to insert the checkbox in your data. The CheckBox control will appear nearby to that place only; if you want, you can adjust the box as per your requirement.
- Step#6 – If you want to remove or edit the text on “Check Box 1” which was created, just right click on the checkbox and select the text and delete it or edit as per the requirement. You can do one alternative thing as well, just click right on the checkbox and select Edit.
- Step#7 – Copy the check-in all the columns by dragging the Column B1 checkbox to all the tabs or press Ctrl+D to paste the same in cells.
- Step#8 – Now you will see the same checkbox will be shown in all the cells:
- Step#9 – Now you can easily use the checkbox by click in checkbox if you have done the task or not:
- Step#10 – If you want to delete the checkbox option from your worksheet, press right click and choose the cell and press delete.
How to add more Controls in Excel?
- Step#1 – If you want to add more control in your insert tab, click on to more control option:
- Step#2 – When you click on more control, it opens the dialogue box, as shown below:
- Step#3 – Click on the control which you want to add and click Ok, and it will automatically show in your insert button excel tab.
How to Format the Control Function in your Excel Sheet?
- Step#1 – Select the control option which you have inserted in your excel sheet:
- Step#2 – Click right and go to format controls:
- Step#3 – Once you click on format control, it opens one dialogue box, as shown below:
- Step#4 – Go to color and lines to choose the color and line of your box.
- Step#5 – Click Ok, you will get the color in your control option:
From the format option, you can format the color and lines, size of the control, protect of control (Locked or lock the text) so that no one can change the option, object positioning Alt Text and Control.
Things to Remember
- While inserting a button in excel, always check which option is required in your data.
- Always make sure that control should be of a size that is easily readable while inserting a button in excel.
- While inserting a button in excel, you can only add only one checkbox or the options button at a time.
- To make it faster, once you add your first control, just click right and select Copy and Paste the control option.
- Always check to enable the Developer tab if it was enabled to insert a button in excel.
- The size of the options button inside the control and its separation from its related content can’t be adjusted.
- Don’t oversize the control option while inserting a button in excel.
- While adding a button, always make sure to text, and the size of the button should be almost the same.
- Don’t use the line of box thick because it will not be able to see what is shown in the button.
- While inserting a button in excel, always remember to make your control option feasible so that everyone can understand the same and able to find the information in your excel sheet useful.
This was a guide to Insert Button in Excel. Here we discuss how to Insert the Form Control Button in Excel along with practical examples and downloadable templates. You may learn more about excel from the following articles –