Excel Functions Tutorials
- Excel Tips
- Excel vs Access
- Excel Rows vs Columns
- Apple Numbers vs Excel
- 3D Reference in Excel
- Absolute Reference in Excel
- Mixed References in Excel
- Excel Reference to Another Sheet
- Array Formulas in Excel
- Arrays in Excel VBA
- Auto Numbering in Excel
- AutoFit in Excel
- AutoCorrect in Excel
- AutoSave in Excel
- AutoRecover in Excel
- Bullet Points in Excel
- Break Links in Excel
- Barcode in Excel
- Change Case in Excel
- CAGR Formula in Excel
- Calculate Age in Excel
- Calculate Percentage in Excel Formula
- Cell Reference in Excel
- Checklist in Excel
- Circular Reference in Excel
- Column Sort in Excel
- Column Lock in Excel
- Move Columns in Excel
- Custom List in Excel
- Consolidate in Excel
- Combine Cells in Excel
- Compare Two Columns in Excel
- Compare and Match Columns in Excel
- Compound Interest Formula in Excel
- Convert Columns to Rows in Excel
- Convert Date to Text in Excel
- Convert Numbers to Text in Excel
- Convert Text to Numbers in Excel
- Convert Excel to CSV
- Count Characters in Excel
- Count Rows in Excel
- Count Unique Values in Excel
- Countif not Blank in Excel
- Create Templates in Excel
- Family Tree in Excel Template
- Custom Number Format in Excel
- Delete Row Shortcut in Excel
- Divide in Excel Formula
- Drop Down List in Excel
- Dynamic Tables in Excel
- Dashboard in Excel
- KPI Dashboard in Excel
- Date to Text in Excel
- Date Format in Excel
- Database in Excel
- Delta Symbol in Excel
- $ Symbol in Excel
- Excel Column to Number
- Edit Drop-Down List in Excel
- Equations in Excel
- Exponents in Excel
- Excel Extensions
- Excel Translate
- Excel Not Responding
- Excel Find and Replace
- Find and Select in Excel
- Excel Subtraction Formula
- Excel Formula for Grade
- Excel as Calculator
- Excel Formula Not Working (Updating)
- Excel Table Styles & Formats
- Excel vs Google Sheets
- External Links in Excel
- Excel Alternate Row Color
- Excel Worksheet Tab
- Extract Number from String Excel
- Evaluate Formula in Excel
- Find Duplicates in Excel
- Finding Links in Excel
- Filter Shortcut in Excel
- Formatting in Excel
- Format Numbers to Millions & Thousands in Excel
- Format Phone Numbers in Excel
- Formula Errors in Excel
- Fractions in Excel
- Frequency Distribution in Excel
- Group in Excel
- Group Worksheets in Excel
- Group Columns in Excel
- Hide Formula in Excel
- Hiding a Column in Excel
- Highlight Every Other Row in Excel
- Highlight Duplicates in Excel
- How to Create a Formula in Excel?
- How to Create an Excel Spreadsheet?
- How to Add Text in Excel Formula?
- How to Create Dashboard in Excel?
- How to Copy Sheet in Excel?
- How to Delete Pivot Table?
- How to Calculate Percentage Increase in Excel?
- How to Multiply in Excel Formula?
- How to Unhide Columns in Excel?
- Insert Date in Excel
- Insert Calendar in Excel
- Import Data into Excel
- Insert Comment in Excel
- Insert Hyperlinks in Excel
- Insert Multiple Rows in Excel
- Insert Row Shortcut in Excel
- Insert New Worksheet in Excel
- Insert (Embed) an Object in Excel
- Insert Image in Excel Cell
- Insert Page Break in Excel
- Line Breaks in Excel
- Linear Interpolation in Excel
- Leading Zeros in Excel
- Last Day of the Month in Excel
- Logical Operators in Excel
- Lookup Table in Excel
- Mortgage Calculator in Excel
- Moving Average in Excel
- Not Equal to in Excel
- Numbering in Excel
- Name Manager in Excel
- Page Numbers in Excel
- Page Break in Excel
- Personal Budget Template in Excel
- Project Management Template in Excel
- Percentage Difference in Excel (Increase / Decrease)
- Pivot Table Calculated Field & Formula
- Pivot Table Sort
- Pivot Table From Multiple Sheets
- Print Comments in Excel
- Print Excel Gridlines
- Print in Excel
- Print Preview in Excel
- Print Area in Excel
- Print Titles in Excel
- Print Labels From Excel
- Project Timeline in Excel
- Protect Sheet in Excel
- Ratio in Excel Formula
- Random Numbers in Excel
- Randomize List in Excel
- Refresh Pivot Table in Excel
- Relative References in Excel
- Remove Blank Rows in Excel
- Remove Duplicates in Excel
- Remove Duplicates from Excel Column
- Remove Hyperlinks in Excel
- Remove Space in Excel
- Remove Leading Spaces in Excel
- Remove Watermark in Excel
- Row Limit in Excel
- Rows and Columns in Excel
- Rows to Columns in Excel
- Row Header in Excel
- Search in Excel
- Search For Text in Excel
- Share an Excel Workbook
- Shortcut to Merge Cells in Excel
- Show Formula in Excel
- Split Cells in Excel
- Separate Text in Excel
- Strikethrough in Excel
- Strikethrough Text in Excel
- Sum by Color in Excel
- Subscript in Excel
- Superscript in Excel
- Themes in Excel
- Timesheet Calculator in Excel
- Top 20 Keyboard Shortcuts in Excel
- Unmerge Cells in Excel
- Uppercase in Excel
- Word Count in Excel
- Word Cloud in Excel
- Watermark in Excel
- Weighted Average in Excel
- Wildcard in Excel
- Financial Functions in Excel (17+)
- Logical Functions in Excel (15+)
- TEXT Functions in Excel (29+)
- Lookup Reference in Excel (44+)
- Maths Functions in Excel (52+)
- Date and Time Function in Excel (22+)
- Statistical Function in Excel (50+)
- Information Functions in Excel (5+)
- Excel Charts (48+)
- Excel Tools (98+)
- VBA (162+)
Insert Image in Excel Cell (Table of Contents)
Insert Image in the Excel
In my previous company, I have created one of the creative individual sales employee’s dashboards with their pictures. I have created a dropdown list of employees whenever the reporting manager selects the name their details would appear along with their pictures. In this article, I will show you how to insert an image in excel, how to adjust them to the cell size, how to bring them to the dashboard, how to filter out each one, and how to readjust the image according to the cell size.
How to Insert Image in Excel Cell?
Insert an image to the excel is a very easy task. I have sales employees names in the excel file and below is the list.
I have their images in my computer hard disk.
I want to bring the image against each person name respectively.
Note: All the images are dummy, you can download them from the google directly.
Step 1: Copy the above list of names and paste it in excel. Make the row height as 36 and column width as 14.3.
Step 2: Go to INSERT tab and click on PICTURES.
Step 3: Once you click on PICTURES it asks you to choose the picture folder location from your computer. Select the location and choose pictures you want to insert.
Step 4: You can insert image one by one in excel cell or you can insert at one shot as well. In order to insert at one go, you need to be sure which represents who. I am going to insert one by one. Select the image you want to insert and click on INSERT.
Step 5: Now you can see the image in your excel file.
Step 6: This picture is not yet ready to use as of now. We need to resize this. Select the picture and resize using drag and drop option from the corner edges of the image or you can resize the height and width under Format tab.
Note: Modify the row height as 118 and column width as 26.
In order to fit the picture to the cell size hold the ALT key and drag the picture corners, it will automatically fit the cell size.
Like this repeat this task for all the employees.
Change Image Size According to Cell Size in Excel
Now we need to fit these images to the cell size. Whenever the cell width or height changes picture also should change accordingly.
Step 1: Select one image and press Ctrl + A, it will select all the images in the active worksheet. (Make sure all the images are selected)
Step 2: Press Ctrl + 1, it will open up the format option on the right-hand side of your screen. Note: I am using excel 2016 version.
Step 3: Under Format Picture select Size & Properties.
Step 4: Click on Properties and select the option Move and size with cells.
Step 5: Now we have locked the images to their respective cell size. It is dynamic now, as the cell changes images are also kept changing.
Create an Excel Dashboard with Images
We can create a dashboard using these images. Follow the below steps to create a dashboard.
I have created a master sheet which contains all the details of the employees.
Step 1: In the dashboard, sheet create a drop-down list of employee’s list.
Step 2: Apply VLOOKUP to get the Sales Value, Target, Efficiency Level, DOB, and DOJ from the Employee Details Sheet.
As you change the name from the drop down the values will be automatically updated.
Step 3: Now the big part is we need to get the photo of employee whoever selected from the drop-down. For this, we need to create a name manager.
Go to FORMULAS > Define Name in excel.
Step 4: Give Name to your Name Manager.
Step 5: In refers to type Equal (=) sign and enter the INDEX formula.
Step 6: The first argument of INDEX function is to select the entire B column in Image Sheet.
Step 7: Now enter comma (,) and open one more function MATCH.
Step 8: Select the first argument as Employee Name in the Dashboard Sheet. (Drop Down cell).
Step 9: Next argument select the entire first column in Image Sheet, enter zero as the next argument and close two brackets.
Step 10: Click on OK. We have created a name manager for our photos.
Step 11: Now go to Image Sheet and copy the cell B2.
Step 12: Now go to Dashboard Sheet and paste as linked IMAGE.
Step 13: Now we have an image. Select the image, in the formula change the link to our Name Manager name i.e. Photos
Step 14: Hit Enter to complete the process. You can change the image it will change according to the name you have selected.
Things to Remember
- Make the image adjustment that fits or changes the cell movement.
- In order to create a dashboard create a master sheet which can contain all the consolidated data.
- Use the ALT key to adjust the image to the extreme corners of the cell.
You can download this Insert Image Excel Cell Template from here – Insert Image Excel Template
This has been a guide to Insert image in Excel Cell. Here we discussed how to Insert Image into a cell in Excel, create a dashboard with images in excel with example and downloadable excel sheet. You can learn more about excel from the following articles –