Excel Functions Tutorials
- Excel Tips
- Excel vs Access
- Excel Rows vs Columns
- Apple Numbers vs Excel
- 3D Reference in Excel
- Absolute Reference in Excel
- Mixed References in Excel
- Excel Reference to Another Sheet
- Array Formulas in Excel
- Arrays in Excel VBA
- Auto Numbering in Excel
- AutoFit in Excel
- AutoCorrect in Excel
- AutoSave in Excel
- AutoRecover in Excel
- Bullet Points in Excel
- Break Links in Excel
- Barcode in Excel
- Change Case in Excel
- CAGR Formula in Excel
- Calculate Age in Excel
- Calculate Percentage in Excel Formula
- Cell Reference in Excel
- Checklist in Excel
- Circular Reference in Excel
- Column Sort in Excel
- Column Lock in Excel
- Move Columns in Excel
- Custom List in Excel
- Consolidate in Excel
- Combine Cells in Excel
- Compare Two Columns in Excel
- Compare and Match Columns in Excel
- Compound Interest Formula in Excel
- Convert Columns to Rows in Excel
- Convert Date to Text in Excel
- Convert Numbers to Text in Excel
- Convert Text to Numbers in Excel
- Convert Excel to CSV
- Count Characters in Excel
- Count Rows in Excel
- Count Unique Values in Excel
- Countif not Blank in Excel
- Create Templates in Excel
- Family Tree in Excel Template
- Custom Number Format in Excel
- Delete Row Shortcut in Excel
- Divide in Excel Formula
- Drop Down List in Excel
- Dynamic Tables in Excel
- Dashboard in Excel
- KPI Dashboard in Excel
- Date to Text in Excel
- Date Format in Excel
- Database in Excel
- Delta Symbol in Excel
- $ Symbol in Excel
- Excel Column to Number
- Edit Drop-Down List in Excel
- Equations in Excel
- Exponents in Excel
- Excel Extensions
- Excel Translate
- Excel Not Responding
- Excel Find and Replace
- Find and Select in Excel
- Excel Subtraction Formula
- Excel Formula for Grade
- Excel as Calculator
- Excel Formula Not Working (Updating)
- Excel Table Styles & Formats
- Excel vs Google Sheets
- External Links in Excel
- Excel Alternate Row Color
- Excel Worksheet Tab
- Extract Number from String Excel
- Evaluate Formula in Excel
- Find Duplicates in Excel
- Finding Links in Excel
- Filter Shortcut in Excel
- Formatting in Excel
- Format Numbers to Millions & Thousands in Excel
- Format Phone Numbers in Excel
- Formula Errors in Excel
- Fractions in Excel
- Frequency Distribution in Excel
- Group in Excel
- Group Worksheets in Excel
- Group Columns in Excel
- Hide Formula in Excel
- Hiding a Column in Excel
- Highlight Every Other Row in Excel
- Highlight Duplicates in Excel
- How to Create a Formula in Excel?
- How to Create an Excel Spreadsheet?
- How to Add Text in Excel Formula?
- How to Create Dashboard in Excel?
- How to Copy Sheet in Excel?
- How to Delete Pivot Table?
- How to Calculate Percentage Increase in Excel?
- How to Multiply in Excel Formula?
- How to Unhide Columns in Excel?
- Insert Date in Excel
- Insert Calendar in Excel
- Import Data into Excel
- Insert Comment in Excel
- Insert Hyperlinks in Excel
- Insert Multiple Rows in Excel
- Insert Row Shortcut in Excel
- Insert New Worksheet in Excel
- Insert (Embed) an Object in Excel
- Insert Image in Excel Cell
- Insert Page Break in Excel
- Line Breaks in Excel
- Linear Interpolation in Excel
- Leading Zeros in Excel
- Last Day of the Month in Excel
- Logical Operators in Excel
- Lookup Table in Excel
- Mortgage Calculator in Excel
- Moving Average in Excel
- Not Equal to in Excel
- Numbering in Excel
- Name Manager in Excel
- Page Numbers in Excel
- Page Break in Excel
- Personal Budget Template in Excel
- Project Management Template in Excel
- Percentage Difference in Excel (Increase / Decrease)
- Pivot Table Calculated Field & Formula
- Pivot Table Sort
- Pivot Table From Multiple Sheets
- Print Comments in Excel
- Print Excel Gridlines
- Print in Excel
- Print Preview in Excel
- Print Area in Excel
- Print Titles in Excel
- Print Labels From Excel
- Project Timeline in Excel
- Protect Sheet in Excel
- Ratio in Excel Formula
- Random Numbers in Excel
- Randomize List in Excel
- Refresh Pivot Table in Excel
- Relative References in Excel
- Remove Blank Rows in Excel
- Remove Duplicates in Excel
- Remove Duplicates from Excel Column
- Remove Hyperlinks in Excel
- Remove Space in Excel
- Remove Leading Spaces in Excel
- Remove Watermark in Excel
- Row Limit in Excel
- Rows and Columns in Excel
- Rows to Columns in Excel
- Row Header in Excel
- Search in Excel
- Search For Text in Excel
- Share an Excel Workbook
- Shortcut to Merge Cells in Excel
- Show Formula in Excel
- Split Cells in Excel
- Separate Text in Excel
- Strikethrough in Excel
- Strikethrough Text in Excel
- Sum by Color in Excel
- Subscript in Excel
- Superscript in Excel
- Themes in Excel
- Timesheet Calculator in Excel
- Top 20 Keyboard Shortcuts in Excel
- Unmerge Cells in Excel
- Uppercase in Excel
- Word Count in Excel
- Word Cloud in Excel
- Watermark in Excel
- Weighted Average in Excel
- Wildcard in Excel
- Financial Functions in Excel (17+)
- Logical Functions in Excel (15+)
- TEXT Functions in Excel (29+)
- Lookup Reference in Excel (44+)
- Maths Functions in Excel (52+)
- Date and Time Function in Excel (22+)
- Statistical Function in Excel (50+)
- Information Functions in Excel (5+)
- Excel Charts (48+)
- Excel Tools (98+)
- VBA (162+)
Excel Insert Calendar (Table of Contents)
Create and Insert Calendar in Excel
Inserting Calendar is a useful feature provided by Excel. It will become more useful when you are working on a shared worksheet where you will have to enter date very often. This will help you to reduce your time in doing manual entries, remember about the format, etc.
Inserting a calendar in excel will help you to resolve these problems. You just need to insert a drop-down calendar and select the date from there.
Steps to Insert & Create Calendar in Excel
Following are the ways to insert and create a calendar in Excel:
#1 – Inserting Calendar based on Templates available in Excel
There are a number of Excel Calendar templates available in Excel. You can choose any one of them according to the requirement by following below steps.
Click on Files Select New Search for Calendar in the search box. This will show you a number of Excel calendar templates by categories i.e. Seasonal Photo Calendar, Academic Calendar, Any Year Calendar, etc. See screenshot below to know how to insert free excel calendar templates.
#2 – Inserting Seasonal Photo Calendar in Excel
Click on File and Select New search “Seasonal Photo Calendar” from the search box
Select the Calendar and Click on Create.
It will look like this.
Enter Year below Year Cell and it will automatically update the calendar for that year.
All the 12 sheets with month name will be updated according to the year entered in January Sheet. Week start date can be select as Sunday or Monday (This will update the first cell of the calendar as Sunday or Monday).
Note: Enter formula =YEAR(TODAY()) in a cell below Year cell. This will show you current year Calendar whenever you will open it.
You can follow the above steps and search calendar from Excel online template according to your requirement and start working on it.
Want to know more about these functions –
#3 – Using Date Picker Control
Date Picker Control is ActiveX Control which can be found under Developer Tab. This is normally hidden and can’t be seen directly under ActiveX controls. You need to explore the ActiveX Controls.
Below are the steps to enter Date Picker control:
First, check if the Developer tab is there in Menu Bar. If you can’t see Developer tab then follow the below given steps.
Go to File Menu and click Options
Select a customized ribbon and check the Developer option.
You can see the Developer Tab in the Menu bar.
Click on insert under Developer tab (It will look like setting button).
A dialogue box (More Control) will open as below. Search for Microsoft date and Time Picker control 6.0 (SP6) and select it. Click Ok.
When you select Microsoft date and Time Picker control 6.0 (SP6) it will enter a drop-down Calendar.
You can select the desired date whatever you would like to select. For that, first, you have to turn off the Design Mode.
You can move your calendar to the desired cell. Right click on date picker and move it to the desired cell.
Example of Date and Time Picker
Below is the example to use Date and Time Picker.
Suppose you need to get the difference between two date. Enter one date picker in Cell A2 and another in cell C2.
Excel cannot recognize the value of a date picker control. Link your date picker controls to certain cells in the following way to fix this:
Select first date picker and under the developer tab click on properties.
In Properties, at LinkedCell type A2. This will Link your date picker control to A2 cell.
Similarly, link the second date picker to the cell C2.
Now enter the formula =C2-A2 in Cell E2. Select date from both date picker.
We have selected 1/1/2019 in Date picker 1 and 2/23/2019 in Date picker 2. Now we enter formula =C2-A2 in Cell E2.
This will calculate the difference between the selected dates.
Calculate the days between both the date and the result is 53.
Here we don’t need to worry about the format and don’t care about manual date writing. we just need to click on the dropdown and this will show Calendar. We just need to select a date from there.
How to Install Third Party Add-ins for Excel Calendar?
Go to google, search for the given third-party add-ins then download and Install it.
After Installation, you can see this third party add-in in excel Menu Bar.
Above image is a screenshot of Ablebits tools.
Under Ablebits Tools, Click on Date picker and this will activate Date Picker.
Now enter any date in desired cells. A date picker pop-up will show at the top right corner of that cells.
Click on the pop-up and Select desired date and start working.
Ablebits Date Picker Tools Additional Options
Use ^ to go to the previous month and another button to go to next month. Click August 2018 to select another month or year directly instead of moving month one by one.
Things to Remember
- Microsoft Date and Time picker is available on 32-bit windows only.
- If you are using 64-bit version then you will not be able to use Date and Time Picker.
- For a 64-bit version, you need to use Third Party External Add-ins Tools for your Excel.
- Some of the third-party Add-ins available in the market are Excel Date Picker, Ablebits Date Picker, Popup Calendar add-in, etc.
- Installing third-party add-ins are very easy and user-friendly. Just download and install it and you are all set to use the tool.
This has been a guide to Excel Insert Calendar. Here we discuss how to insert and create a calendar in excel using various methods like date picker controller and third-party add-ins, etc. You can learn more about excel functions from the following articles –