List of Top 10 Books Recommended by Elon Musk
Elon Musk, the billionaire entrepreneur and CEO of SpaceX, Tesla, and many more businesses. Musk is literally a book worm; he loves to read sci-fi novels, comics, and educational books while growing. Below is the list of books recommended by Elon Musk –
- Ignition! ( Get this book )
- Das Kapital ( Get this book )
- If The Universe is Teeming With Aliens WHERE IS EVERYBODY? ( Get this book )
- The Lord of the Rings ( Get this book )
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy ( Get this book )
- Structures ( Get this book )
- Super Intelligence ( Get this book )
- Screw Business As Usual ( Get this book )
- Our Final Invention ( Get this book )
- Life 3.0 ( Get this book )
Let us discuss each of the books recommended by Elon Musk in detail along with its key takeaways and reviews.
#1 – Ignition!
An Informal History of Liquid Rocket Propellants
By John D. Clark
John a rocket fuel developer and a science fiction writer brings to you the insider stories about searching an appropriate rocket propellant that can take a man into space.
- Explore the search of the right liquid fuel to provide the required thrust to the rocket during the days of cold war and space competition.
- The scientists had to fight against the laws of nature like gravity.
- Musk used lessons from Ignition! in his SpaceX Falcon rocket system.
#2 – Das Kapital
By Karl Marx
The book is an acclaimed work by Marx in which he closely analyzes the capitalist mode of production in England. England used to be an advanced industrial society during his times and all these times highly criticizes the capitalist methods.
- Marx elaborates the relationship between a commodity’s value and its social dimension.
- Marx reveals the economic patterns underpinning the capital model of production.
- Wage labour system in the capitalist model
#3 – If The Universe is Teeming With Aliens WHERE IS EVERYBODY?
Fifty Solutions to the Fermi Paradox and the Problems of Extra-Terrestrial Life
4.9 (1,067 ratings) 250+ Courses | 40+ Projects | 1000+ Hours | Full Lifetime Access | Certificate of Completion
By Stephen Webb
The book covers simplified explanations and humorous descriptions of diverse topics about space. The book presents Stephen’s evaluation of the Fermi Paradox (why humans never have contacted aliens if they have an existence.
- A must-read for those who have ever imagined about the existence of another intelligent civilization in the galaxy.
- Learn the concepts of Fermi Paradox and logical evaluations by Webb.
- Webb asks that if a proposition of extraterrestrial is true, then “where is everybody’.
#4 – The Lord of the Rings
By JRR Tolkien
The novel is an epic high fantasy consisting of three books. A series of movies have also been created based on the book with the same title “The Lords of the Ring” with the starting series titled “The Hobbit”
- Be courageous like Frodo or Gandolf or Eowyn. Every character was a hero because they all had the most important thing, COURAGE.
- Gold comes behind fellowship and brotherhood. Be social and get yourself out of the rat race.
- Forgiveness does not represent weakness in-fact mercy resembles strength.
#5 – The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
By Douglas Adams
The book is a comedy science fiction trilogy which is the first of a five-book series. In the book, a supercomputer found the answer to a meaningful life. In an interview, Elon Musk said that his favorite spaceship from science fiction is the one in the space ship powered by improbability drive-in ‘Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’.
- Find the answer to the meaningful life by supercomputer analysis.
- When Elon Musk launched his Tesla Roadster into space, he put the words “Don’t Panic!” which graced the book.
#6 – Structures
Or Why Things Don’t Fall Down
By J.E. Gordon
The book provides answers to people’s basic queries about architectural science like how suspension bridges hold back and don’t collapse in heavy traffics or why dams don’t break by force of thousands of gallons of water.
- Simplified explanation about basic forces that holds the important structures of the world.
- A must-read for architects and engineers.
- Get to know the interesting stories behind the foundation of the structures.
#7 – Super Intelligence
Paths, Dangers, Strategies
By Nick Bostrom
The author warns the world with the help of his book that the brain of machines must not surpass human brains in general intelligence otherwise machines will start dominating human lifeform.
- Humans are rapidly heading towards digitalization and AI that is exceeding human capacities.
- Humans need to remain very careful with artificial intelligence.
- Musk also warned against dangers of unchecked AI and said that “AI is potentially more dangerous than nukes.”
#8 – Screw Business As Usual
Turning Capitalism into a Force for Good
By Richard Branson
The author criticizes the methods of capitalism in a sarcastic way and asks an important question that “can we bring more meaning to our lives and help change the world at the same time?”
- People should start caring for people and avoid being only profit-centric.
- Keep doing your regular work and start sharing its earnings with the society.
#9 – Our Final Invention
Artificial Intelligence and the End of the Human Era
By James Barret
The book is a nonfiction novel that discusses the potential benefits and possible risks of extreme Artificial Intelligence. Potential benefits include effective results by limiting human efforts and errors. Potential risks include the extermination of the human race.
- By titling the final invention, the author indicates that the human race may extinct to invent anything further.
- He warns very sophisticated AI can empower humans or it may result at an end of the human era and beginning of machine ruling.
- Consider the consequences with unregulated development of AI.
#10 – Life 3.0
Being Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence
By Max Tegmark
Every scientist and inventor works hard to develop AI systems. Max also discusses AI and its impacts on the life of future generations on Earth and beyond Earth. Max says AI has much potential for humanity. He says the human civilization is moving towards the technological era which he called the “Life 3.0”.
- Human life has three developmental stages. Life 1.0 = biological origins, Life 2.0 = cultural developments in human society, and lastly Life 3.0 = technological era of humans.
- The author discusses both positive and negative scenarios like friendly AI or human extinction due to AI.
- Max says if the goals of humans are aligned with that of AI, then negative scenarios could be minimized or even avoided.
List of Top 10 Elon Musk Recommended Books. Here we provide details of best Elon Musk Recommended Books & a sneak peek in what those books propose & takeaways. You may look at these suggested business books to learn more –
- Top Books Of Karl Marx
- Top Personality Development Books
- Top Books of Stephen Hawking
- Best Steve Jobs Books
- Paulo Coelho Books
AMAZON ASSOCIATE DISCLOSURE
WallStreetMojo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com