List of Top 10 Books of Stephen Hawking
- A Brief History of Time
- Brief Answers to the Big Questions
- My Brief History
- The Grand Design
- Black Holes and Baby Universe and Other Essays
- The Universe in a Nut Shel
- God Created the Integers
- On the Shoulders of Giants
- Georges Secret Key to the Universe
- George’s Cosmic Treasure Hunt
Stephen Hawking, the greatest physicist, and cosmologist of our times tried to explain some of the most complicated questions of life and universe in the simplest way possible. Stephen Hawking has written many books that demonstrate the genius that he was. The article is a collection of the top 10 books on Stephen Hawking.
#1 – A Brief History of Time
From the Big Bang To Black Holes
The book is a bestseller and the first work of Stephen Hawking as a writer. He succeeded in writing a non-technical book on science and cosmology (the study of the universe) which is basically created for those non-technical readers who don’t have basic scientific knowledge.
The book reveals the known facts about the origin of the universe, its structure and expansion and about the eventual fate of the universe. As the title suggests, he writes about the Big Bang Theory, black holes and other vital concepts like space and time.
- The universe is finite and there was no beginning (contrary to the big bang theory).
- The universe was never created and cannot be destroyed
- Time travel is not possible because time can only move forward.
- Understand the concepts of astrophysics in the most simplified way.
#2 – Brief Answers to the Big Questions
The book examines some of the greatest mysteries of the universe. It promotes the vision of scientists that science is the most helpful medium to solve the problems on planet Earth.
The book is basically a collection of thoughts and writings of Stephen Hawking on the 10 big questions. He asks about the existence of God, the possibility of time travel, will artificial intelligence outsmart us (humans) and more.
- Find answers to the ‘biggest questions for humankind’.
- Theories of science are just models which study past and predicts future
- Observe a few predictions of Hawking about the future that takes the current state of science into account.
#3 – My Brief History
The book is an autobiography of Stephen Hawking. It accounts the journey from his upbringing in London to his work on the evolutionary theories of the universe.
- Know about the most brilliant cosmologist of our age.
- Get motivated by exploring his life and his work, even while he suffers from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) disease.
#4 – The Grand Design
The book is an explanation to the M-theory of Dimensions. It describes that 2 &5-dimensional objects called branes should be approximated by 11-dimensional supergravity at low energies. It also says that the Unified field theory (based on the early model of the universe, by Albert Einstein) may not exist.
- The Big Bang is just a theory of physics.
- One ca n’t prove that God doesn’t exist, but science makes God unnecessary.
- Observe the history of scientific knowledge about the universe.
#5 – Black Holes and Baby Universe and Other Essays
As the title suggests the book talks about the existence of the black holes and its formation. It is actually based on a collection of essays and lectures written by Hawking. Hawking said when space ships and objects fall into a black hole; they go into a baby universe of their own.
- The baby universe exists in imaginary time
- Observe thermodynamics of the black holes
- Understand the Relativity Theory and quantum mechanics in the most simplified version.
#6 – The Universe in a Nut Shel
The book is generally considered as a sequel to the first book of our list “A Brief History of Time”. It talks about theoretical physics, the history of science and the principals of modern physics.
- A simple explanation for Lucasian professor’s work.
- Observe the outcome from the combination of Einstein’s Relative Theory and Richard Feynman’s idea of multiple histories into one unified theory.
#7 – God Created the Integers
The book is about the greatest mathematical works in the history of mankind. Although consider the term ‘greatest’ as the personal choice of Hawking. It provides brief excerpts from the original mathematical work of the geniuses of all times.
- Biographies of featured mathematicians and scientists.
- Know the work and discoveries of the mathematicians with full proof.
- The title comes from a quote by mathematician Leopold Kronecker, who said: “God made the integers; all else is the work of man.”
#8 – On the Shoulders of Giants
The Great Works of Physics and Astronomy
The book summarizes the greatest works of the ‘Giant’ visionaries. Hawking brings together the biggest discoveries and the world-changing inventions of Copernicus, Galileo, Kepler, Newton, and Einstein
- Theory of Heliocentric by Copernicus which says that the Sun lies in the center of the universe and not the Earth.
- Mathematical principles of natural philosophy by Newton
- The principle of Relativity by Einstein
- Galileo’s discoveries in physics
- Kepler’s theories and observation in astronomy
#9 – Georges Secret Key to the Universe
The first book of Hawking ’s series of children’s books. The book is a bible to the kids who are interested in the science of space and time. It explains the complex scientific theory in the most lucid manner.
- Raises enthusiasm for physics among young readers
- Learn astrophysics, cosmology, etc in story format with spectacular photos.
- The story melds cosmology and adventure at higher levels.
#10 – George’s Cosmic Treasure Hunt
The book is the second edition of the original ‘Georges Secret Key to the Universe’. It is a story of George and Annie, the middle school cosmologists. They return to solve a great mystery and undertake another great adventure which leads them to the dark of space.
- Take an adventurous trip and explore the space.
- Learn space theories and concepts of gravity
- Find whether life is possible in outer space.
Here we provide you with the list of Top 10 Best Stephen Hawkings Books. Here we provide details of best Stephen Hawkings Books & a sneak peek in what those books propose & takeaways. You may refer to the following books to learn more –
- Top Business Analytics Books
- Top Karl Marx Books
- Top Tony Robbins Books
- Top Steve Jobs Books
- Bill Gates Top Books
- Warren Buffett Books (Must Read)
AMAZON ASSOCIATE DISCLOSURE
WallStreetMojo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com