List of Top 10 Personality Development Books
- The 16 Personality Types: Profiles, Theory, & Type Development
- Personality Development
- The Alter Ego Effect: The Power of Secret Identities to Transform Your Life
- Social and Personality Development
- The Development of Shyness and Social Withdrawal
- Seven Times Down, Eight Times Up
- The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery
- The 5 Personality Patterns
- The Art and Science of Personality Development
- The Development of Personality: Seminars in Psychological Astrology
In this world of cut-throat competition, it has almost become a necessity to build an impressive and strong personality to stand apart. Developing or changing the personality is not an easy task as the behavior, attitude, communication abilities of any person are formed since childhood. But there are certain aspects that we keep ignoring whether it be finding our inner self or knowing ourselves from within or identifying our personality type. There has been a lot of work done in this field by renowned scholars and experts to help us deep dive and bring about the required changes to improve the overall personality. Here’s a list of top 10 Personality Development books that can be, in fact, referred on a daily basis like a manual to keep changing and improving our personality.
#1 – The 16 Personality Types
Profiles, Theory, & Type Development
Author: Dr. A.J. Drenth
Deep diving the Meyers Briggs typology this book aims to explain the mechanism of the types of personality in a very detailed manner. It can help understand the rationale behind the behavior of people in certain situations to deal with it in the best possible way.
- Compels to identify ourselves and clarify our own identity
- Rooted in the theories of Jung and Myers-Briggs
- Features of each personality types
- Detailed examination of development or change in personality over the lifespan
#2 – Personality Development
Author: Swami Vivekananda
This book is a worthy compilation of the complete works of Swami Vivekananda and aims at guiding the readers to attain self-realization which is the ultimate goal of life. Filled with illustrations and guidelines the book is both instructive and provocative enough that it makes the reader feel the sense of urgency to change their personality for better.
- Covers the different layers of personality
- Ways of controlling negative emotions
- Teaches to develop a sense of equality
- Unfolds the power of concentration
- Explains why and how pleasure is not the goal
#3 – The Alter Ego Effect
The Power of Secret Identities to Transform Your Life
Author: Todd Herman
Unlike many other self-help books that suggest us to step into an improvised version of ourselves this book takes a leap forward by explaining why the new version is so important and how to put that into play at different stages of life.
- Insight on how to create and control alter ego
- Secrets behind the top athletes and executives on using alter ego
- Using creative imagination to find the inner hero and bring it out to the world with the help of alter ego
- Overcoming negativity, self-doubt, and insecurity that hold us back
#4 – Social and Personality Development
Author: David R. Shaffer
A well written self-exploratory book with more than just enough examples. It tries to connect with the reader with its easy and smooth flow, covering the major theories and concepts of social psychology and human development.
- Focused on factors influencing changes in personality in the early ages and adolescence
- Causes, processes, and complexities of developmental change
- Emphasis on cultural influences on personality development
- Based on test theories and field research
#5 – The Development of Shyness and Social Withdrawal
Author: Kenneth H. Rubin, Robert J. Coplan
A definitive reference on shyness and social withdrawal, this book covers an up-to-date review of the major aspects of socioemotional development. The chapters range from the biological moderators of withdrawals to contextual implications and clinical implications. It is a good read for those who seek to get a deeper understanding in peer interactions and shyness.
- Development, causes, and consequences of social withdrawal
- Role of biological, family and interpersonal processes in shyness
- The positive aspects of being unsocial
- The impact of social withdrawal on peer relationships and professional front
#6 – Seven Times Down, Eight Times Up:
Landing on Your Feet in an Upside Down World
Author: Alan Gettis
Reading this book is like being gently awakened refreshed and carefully guided towards enjoying the present. The book tries to reach to the realm of self-realization, self-responsibility, and self-healing in a very practical and realistic way with the help of interesting short stories.
- Lessons to learn acceptance, get rid of unwanted emotions, heal, renew and to change
- A hundred brief stories that convey valuable insights to help feel better and function differently in difficult situations
- Help find the path to enlightened happiness
- Enlightenment is the sense of increasing knowledge and awareness is transformational.
#7 – The Road Back to You:
An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery
Author: Ian Morgan Cron
The book provides an engaging introduction and a clear explanation of the ancient personality typing tool Enneagram. The author describes how this tool of personality typing is different from others like Myers-Briggs. It focuses on how identifying both strengths and weaknesses, a special gift and deepest fear are important while understanding ourselves.
- A look at an ancient personality typing system to describe how humans are connected
- The spiritual discovery that helps become wiser and more compassionate
- Teaches a sense of empathy apart from self-discovery
- Understanding how one operates at its best or worst behavior
#8 – The 5 Personality Patterns
Your Guide to Understanding Yourself and Others and Developing Emotional Maturity
Author: Steven Kessler
A well-written self-help book which lets us take a look inside the people to find out their motivation so as to influence them and communicate with them successfully. The book tries to give a perspective for true change that can be used on a daily basis for references in our normal livelihood.
- Developing emotional maturity
- Discovering what motivates and matters to people in order to interact with them effectively
- Developing a true to life map for self-improvement
- The map is based on the core of the body and flow of energy
#9 – The Art and Science of Personality Development
Author: Dan P. McAdams
This book is an Integrative personality development from the early stages of life through old age. Based on research in neuroscience, traits, motives, goals, and narrative identity the book offers scientifically defensible answers to questions about human nature. The author invites readers to introspect and to ask themselves how they came to be who they are.
- Development of three distinct layers of personality:
- The social actor who expresses emotional and behavioral traits,
- The motivated agent who pursues goals and values,
- The autobiographical actor who constructs a personal story
#10 – The Development of Personality:
Seminars in Psychological Astrology
Author: Liz Greene
An interesting transcript of popular seminars conducted by the author, this book is a perfect blend of psychology, personality, and astrology. It is highly recommended for the intermediate or advanced study on astrology.
- Covers the stages of childhood, parental marriage, subpersonalities
- Examples and insights that explain the deeper meanings of archetypes found in planets
- Unfolding personalities expressed through progressions
- Insights on the implications of planets and sun on the lives of people
Here is the list of Top 10 Personality Development Books. Here we provide details of Personality Development and how one should bring the required changes to improve the overall personality. You may refer to the following books to learn more:-
- Top 10 Best Communication Books
- Best Biographies Books of All Time
- Top 10 Entrepreneurship Books of All Time
- Top 10 Etiquette Books
- Best Tony Robbins Books You Must Read!
AMAZON ASSOCIATE DISCLOSURE
WallStreetMojo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com