Excel Functions Tutorials
- Excel Tips
- Excel vs Access
- Excel Rows vs Columns
- Apple Numbers vs Excel
- 3D Reference in Excel
- Absolute Reference in Excel
- Mixed References in Excel
- Excel Reference to Another Sheet
- Array Formulas in Excel
- Arrays in Excel VBA
- Auto Numbering in Excel
- AutoFit in Excel
- AutoCorrect in Excel
- AutoSave in Excel
- AutoRecover in Excel
- Bullet Points in Excel
- Break Links in Excel
- Barcode in Excel
- Change Case in Excel
- CAGR Formula in Excel
- Calculate Age in Excel
- Calculate Percentage in Excel Formula
- Cell Reference in Excel
- Checklist in Excel
- Circular Reference in Excel
- Column Sort in Excel
- Column Lock in Excel
- Move Columns in Excel
- Custom List in Excel
- Consolidate in Excel
- Combine Cells in Excel
- Compare Two Columns in Excel
- Compare and Match Columns in Excel
- Compound Interest Formula in Excel
- Convert Columns to Rows in Excel
- Convert Date to Text in Excel
- Convert Numbers to Text in Excel
- Convert Text to Numbers in Excel
- Convert Excel to CSV
- Count Characters in Excel
- Count Rows in Excel
- Count Unique Values in Excel
- Countif not Blank in Excel
- Create Templates in Excel
- Family Tree in Excel Template
- Custom Number Format in Excel
- Delete Row Shortcut in Excel
- Divide in Excel Formula
- Drop Down List in Excel
- Dynamic Tables in Excel
- Dashboard in Excel
- KPI Dashboard in Excel
- Date to Text in Excel
- Date Format in Excel
- Database in Excel
- Delta Symbol in Excel
- $ Symbol in Excel
- Excel Column to Number
- Edit Drop-Down List in Excel
- Equations in Excel
- Exponents in Excel
- Excel Extensions
- Excel Translate
- Excel Not Responding
- Excel Find and Replace
- Find and Select in Excel
- Excel Subtraction Formula
- Excel Formula for Grade
- Excel as Calculator
- Excel Formula Not Working (Updating)
- Excel Table Styles & Formats
- Excel vs Google Sheets
- External Links in Excel
- Excel Alternate Row Color
- Excel Worksheet Tab
- Extract Number from String Excel
- Evaluate Formula in Excel
- Find Duplicates in Excel
- Finding Links in Excel
- Filter Shortcut in Excel
- Formatting in Excel
- Format Numbers to Millions & Thousands in Excel
- Format Phone Numbers in Excel
- Formula Errors in Excel
- Fractions in Excel
- Frequency Distribution in Excel
- Group in Excel
- Group Worksheets in Excel
- Group Columns in Excel
- Hide Formula in Excel
- Hiding a Column in Excel
- Highlight Every Other Row in Excel
- Highlight Duplicates in Excel
- How to Create a Formula in Excel?
- How to Create an Excel Spreadsheet?
- How to Add Text in Excel Formula?
- How to Create Dashboard in Excel?
- How to Copy Sheet in Excel?
- How to Delete Pivot Table?
- How to Calculate Percentage Increase in Excel?
- How to Multiply in Excel Formula?
- How to Unhide Columns in Excel?
- Insert Date in Excel
- Insert Calendar in Excel
- Import Data into Excel
- Insert Comment in Excel
- Insert Hyperlinks in Excel
- Insert Multiple Rows in Excel
- Insert Row Shortcut in Excel
- Insert New Worksheet in Excel
- Insert (Embed) an Object in Excel
- Insert Image in Excel Cell
- Insert Page Break in Excel
- Line Breaks in Excel
- Linear Interpolation in Excel
- Leading Zeros in Excel
- Last Day of the Month in Excel
- Logical Operators in Excel
- Lookup Table in Excel
- Mortgage Calculator in Excel
- Moving Average in Excel
- Not Equal to in Excel
- Numbering in Excel
- Name Manager in Excel
- Page Numbers in Excel
- Page Break in Excel
- Personal Budget Template in Excel
- Project Management Template in Excel
- Percentage Difference in Excel (Increase / Decrease)
- Pivot Table Calculated Field & Formula
- Pivot Table Sort
- Pivot Table From Multiple Sheets
- Print Comments in Excel
- Print Excel Gridlines
- Print in Excel
- Print Preview in Excel
- Print Area in Excel
- Print Titles in Excel
- Print Labels From Excel
- Project Timeline in Excel
- Protect Sheet in Excel
- Ratio in Excel Formula
- Random Numbers in Excel
- Randomize List in Excel
- Refresh Pivot Table in Excel
- Relative References in Excel
- Remove Blank Rows in Excel
- Remove Duplicates in Excel
- Remove Duplicates from Excel Column
- Remove Hyperlinks in Excel
- Remove Space in Excel
- Remove Leading Spaces in Excel
- Remove Watermark in Excel
- Row Limit in Excel
- Rows and Columns in Excel
- Rows to Columns in Excel
- Row Header in Excel
- Search in Excel
- Search For Text in Excel
- Share an Excel Workbook
- Shortcut to Merge Cells in Excel
- Show Formula in Excel
- Split Cells in Excel
- Separate Text in Excel
- Strikethrough in Excel
- Strikethrough Text in Excel
- Sum by Color in Excel
- Subscript in Excel
- Superscript in Excel
- Themes in Excel
- Timesheet Calculator in Excel
- Top 20 Keyboard Shortcuts in Excel
- Unmerge Cells in Excel
- Uppercase in Excel
- Word Count in Excel
- Word Cloud in Excel
- Watermark in Excel
- Weighted Average in Excel
- Wildcard in Excel
- Financial Functions in Excel (17+)
- Logical Functions in Excel (15+)
- TEXT Functions in Excel (29+)
- Lookup Reference in Excel (44+)
- Maths Functions in Excel (52+)
- Date and Time Function in Excel (22+)
- Statistical Function in Excel (50+)
- Information Functions in Excel (5+)
- Excel Charts (48+)
- Excel Tools (98+)
- VBA (162+)
In excel we have options to translate any sentence or word in any other language, it is available in reviews tab under the section of languages but there is one important part which we need to keep in mind is that excel has its own pairs or language for translation such as English to Spanish or English to French, there are three translation options available, one is the online dictionary second the dictionary available when downloaded and third is the machine translation.
Excel Translate (Table of Contents)
Excel Translate Function
Excel Translate is a function which helps to convert one language to another. Isn’t it great for enhancing our understanding and communication at the same time?
I am going to explain to you all about its usage in a while. But first, let us understand that where can we find it.
This Translate Function is found in the Review tab of MS Excel.
You must be wondering what its use is! Let us understand with the following example.
Example of Excel Translate Function
We have a text– “What is this” in our excel. To understand the translate function, we click on Translate in Review tab and then press Turn on (highlighted in green color).
As we perform the above task immediately we come across the following screen.
There is a range of languages to be selected from as produced in the screenshot below. The languages are shown in alphabetical order and the last language is “Yucatec Maya”. There are hundreds of languages to select from.
The translate function can also swap the “to” and “from” as shown in the screenshot below.
Let’s check your mind! You must be wondering that short sentences could be googled also, then what is excel translate’s actual use?
Well, here is the answer.
Suppose we have got a long sentence – “Hi Amme, My name is Animisha. I am here to help you with your works.” Well if you try googling such long sentences the Google might arrive at the various suggestions. However, for immediate understanding, we require instant software which automatically converts the foreign language into English or local language.
Add Excel Translate Function in Quick Access ToolBar
If we have to use language conversion regularly, we can create a shortcut for the same in excel for easy access.
Go to File and click on Options and then select Quick Access toolbar
In the Quick Access Toolbar, at the right-hand side, we have an option – Choose commands from as shown below. We must select “Review Tab” on it, then select translate option from under it.
Once you select Translate click on Add>>.
As soon as the Add>> option is pressed, we get Translate option on the right-side pane and we shall press OK.
After clicking OK at the Home tab, an automatic option of Translate function will be available at the quick access toolbar.
Use of Translator
Now you must be wondering why and where is it used so widely?
Well the answer is as follows
- Many companies like call BPO, Pharmaceutical, Medical, and other companies deal with their products and demands internationally. For such industries, the translate function comes as a savior to use and get reliable information. Also, it can handle and convert multiple data at a time.
- It also helps in conducting surveys for new products or services by asking customer reviews from the places where the markets need to be set up.
To pitch in more clarity, here is an example of a market survey done for new multiple product-line businesses which was tested and tried upon 10 people and their reviews have been taken into consideration before creating an actual market. So, people from across the globe have sent reviews in their own language in writing. With the help of Excel Translate function, all the words can be converted into English or any other convenient language
Following is the list of products and customers from various parts of the world and their reviews based upon the taste and usage of products:
With the help of Excel Translate function, we can easily convert it into English language and save it for our further reference. All we have to do is apply one by one the procedure mentioned above. And the desired answer would be as follows:
The above is an example of 10 consumers, however, in a real-life scenario, there may be close to a thousand such reviews on an everyday basis.
Concluding on the topic, Excel Translate function as we discussed earlier has brought the world together with no barrier of language. In a huge industrial sector where multiple lingual clients have to be dealt with this function makes it easier, reliable, comprehensible and fun to deal with.
This has been a guide to Excel Translate Function. Here we learn to translate text to different languages using translate in excel and how to add translate option in Quick Access ToolBar. You can learn more about Excel functions from the following articles –