Excel Functions Tutorials
- Lookup Reference in Excel
- Address Function in Excel
- Choose Function in Excel
- Column Function in Excel
- Columns Function in Excel
- REPLACE Function in Excel
- GetPivotData in Excel
- HLOOKUP in Excel
- HLOOKUP Formula in Excel
- HLOOKUP Examples
- Hyperlink Excel Function
- Hyperlink Formula in Excel
- INDIRECT Function in Excel
- LOOKUP Excel Function
- LOOKUP Formula in Excel
- Match Excel Function
- MATCH Formula in Excel
- How to Match Data in Excel?
- VLOOKUP Excel Function
- VLOOKUP Formula
- VLOOKUP Tutorial in Excel
- VLookup in VBA Excel
- VLOOKUP in Pivot Table
- VLOOKUP with SUM
- VLOOKUP with Match
- SUMIF With VLOOKUP
- VLookup with IF Statement
- Vlookup to the Left
- VLOOKUP from Another Sheet / Workbook
- VLOOKUP Examples in Excel
- VLOOKUP Table Array
- VLOOKUP vs HLOOKUP
- INDEX Excel Function
- INDEX Formula in Excel
- Indirect Formula in Excel
- TRANSPOSE Excel Function
- Row Function in Excel
- Rows Function in Excel
- OFFSET Excel Function
- OFFSET Formula in Excel
- VLOOKUP with Multiple Criteria
- IFERROR with VLOOKUP in Excel
- Fixing VLOOKUP Errors
- Alternatives to Vlookup
- Financial Functions in Excel (17+)
- Logical Functions in Excel (15+)
- TEXT Functions in Excel (29+)
- Maths Functions in Excel (52+)
- Date and Time Function in Excel (22+)
- Statistical Function in Excel (50+)
- Information Functions in Excel (5+)
- Excel Charts (48+)
- Excel Tools (98+)
- Excel Tips (178+)
- VBA (162+)
GetPivotData in Excel (Table of Contents)
GetPivotData in Excel
A pivot table is an easy way to summarize data. But somewhere, there can be many weak points where the pivot table cannot be organized data as per your requirements. By using GetPivotData you can get data from the pivot table as per the need in an easy way.
Explanation of GetPivotData in Excel
There are three parameters are used in GetPivotData in Excel.
- Data_field: Name or value that you are looking for.
- Pivot_Table: Any cell reference or range of cells which is in the pivot table.
- [field1],[item1],[field2],[item2],etc: Up to 126 pairs of fields and item names can be found. This is optional part in getpivotdata.
Note: The values must be present in below details:
- The number can be directly entered.
- Use date in the serial number or use date by using date function.
How to Use the GetPivotData Function in Excel?
GETPIVOTDATA in Excel is very simple and easy to use. We can understand its working by the following examples.
GetPivotData in Excel Example #1
Suppose you have a region in the first column, Month in the second column, agent names in the third column, sale in the fourth column and target in the sixth column. Now you have to simply find total sale by using GETPIVOTDATA. Below is the data, you can copy it and paste it into your excel for practice.
Now simply create a pivot table.
Below is the Image as well for your understanding.
Below is the example that how to use GetPivotData function to find out total sale.
=GETPIVOTDATA(“Sum of Sale”,C4)
GetPivotData in Excel Example #2
The next question is find out the total target by using GETPIVOTDATA function.
(Use same data which mentioned above)
=GETPIVOTDATA(“Sum of Target”,D4)
GetPivotData in Excel Example #3
In next question, By using same data let’s find out the sale of Mar month.
Now there are two ways to find the sale of Mar Month. First, you can type item of field names in the GETPIVOTDATA in Excel function and in the second one you can refer to worksheet cells.
GetPivotData in Excel Example #4
In next question, By using same data let’s find out the Target of Mar month.
Here you need to know important things
If you change the first argument, data_field, to a reference F4, the result is a getpivotdata #REF! error
So, always remember use text in the data_field syntax for ignoring errors.
GetPivotData in Excel Example #5
Now Let’s move to another task that how to use Dates in GetPivotData function.
If you use dates in GETPIVOTDATA formula, there might be a few errors. Below are the few examples.
In below-given table, we have a date in first column and sale in the second column.
Now just create a pivot table
By using this table, find out the sale of 26th may.
To get a correct answer while typing a date
Things to remember the GetPivotData Function in Excel
There is two kind of errors found in GetPivotData function in excel.
- GETPIVOTDATA will return a #REF error if any supplied fields name puts incorrectly.
- The GetPivotData function always accepts the name of the data_field, and field/item values in the double quotes.
This has been a guide to GetPivotData in Excel. Here we discuss the GetPivotData Formula in excel and how to use GetPivotData Function on Excel along with practical examples and downloadable excel templates.