Delete Pivot Table in Excel
As you know, a PivotTable is used to summarize the raw data into an informative table. And you can easily remove a PivotTable by following the below simple steps; generally, the PivotTable has shown the error message -“We can’t make this change for the selected cells because it will affect a PivotTable” to prevent the accidental deletion of data.
Table of contents
How to Delete Pivot Table From Excel?
Let us understand this with some practical examples.
Example #1 – Removing a Pivot table
Below are the steps used for deleting pivot table from excel –
- If we cannot make this change for the selected cells because it may affect a PivotTable, as shown in the screenshot below, we must choose the whole PivotTable by pressing “Ctrl + A” and then press the “Delete” button again.
- Then, pick a cell anywhere in the PivotTable to show the Pivot Tools on the ribbon.
Click on the “Select” tab, select the “Entire PivotTable,” and then press the “Delete” key.
Else, we must select the “Clear All” option under the “Analyze” in the same tab, “Clear” (as shown in the below screenshot).
Pivot Table Data:
Example #2 – Remove the Pivot Table by Keeping the Stored Data
We first create a backup for the PivotTable data and then remove the pivot tablePivot TableA Pivot Table is an Excel tool that allows you to extract data in a preferred format (dashboard/reports) from large data sets contained within a worksheet. It can summarize, sort, group, and reorganize data, as well as execute other complex calculations on it..
- Copy the data from the PivotTable and paste it as values to another location, as shown in the below figure.
- Then follow the step of Removing a Pivot Table.
Example #3 – Removing the Entire Worksheet
We can delete the entire Excel sheet with the PivotTable to remove a PivotTable from an Excel workbook.
Select the sheet in which the PivotTable is located, right-click on the sheet name, and select the “Delete” sheet to delete the entire worksheet, as shown in the figure below.
Things to Remember Here
- We must always take a backup of data before removing the PivotTable.
You can download this How to Remove Pivot Table in Excel template here – Remove Pivot Table Excel Template
This article is a step-by-step guide on deleting the PivotTable in Excel. Here, we discuss removing PivotTable by keeping the stored data safe along with practical examples and downloadable templates. You may learn more about Excel from the following articles: –
- Excel Pivot Table ExamplesExcel Pivot Table ExamplesPivot Table represents various statistical figures such as mean, median or mode. For example, data of any real estate project with different fields like type of flats, block names, area of the individual flats could be easily presented using pivot table.
- Filter in a Pivot TableFilter In A Pivot TableBy right-clicking on the pivot table, we can access the pivot table filter option. Another approach is to use the filter options available in the pivot table fields.
- Pivot Table SortPivot Table SortThe sorting done by the pivot table is called pivot table sort. Right-click on any data to sort in the pivot tables, and you'll see a sort option. Because pivot tables are not standard tables, the normal sort option does not apply to them.
- Refresh Pivot Table