Excel Functions Tutorials
- Maths Functions in Excel
- ABS Function in Excel
- AGGREGATE Excel Function
- CEILING Excel Function
- COMBIN Excel Function
- COS Excel Function
- EVEN Function in Excel
- EXPONENTIAL Excel Function
- Excel Matrix Multiplication
- Excel Minus Formula
- FLOOR Function in Excel
- Histogram Formula
- INT Excel Function (Integer)
- LN Excel Function
- LOG Excel Function
- Mode in Excel
- ODD Function in Excel
- POWER Function in Excel
- PRODUCT Excel Function
- PRODUCT Formula in Excel
- PI in Excel
- Quotient in Excel
- Running Total in Excel
- RAND Excel Function
- Rand Excel Formula
- RANDBETWEEN in Excel
- MROUND in Excel
- ROUND in Excel
- ROUND Formula in Excel
- ROUNDDOWN Excel Function
- ROUNDUP Function in Excel
- SIGN Excel Function
- SIN Excel Function
- Square Root in Excel (SQRT)
- SUBTOTAL Excel Function
- SUM Function in Excel
- SUM Formula in Excel
- Excel SUM Shortcut
- SUMIF in Excel
- SUMIFS in Excel
- SUMIF Not Blank
- SUMIFS with Dates
- SUMIF Between Two Dates
- Sumif Text in Excel
- SumIf with Multiple Criteria
- SUMPRODUCT Function in Excel
- SUMPRODUCT Formula in Excel
- SUMPRODUCT with Multiple Criteria
- How to Sum Multiple Rows in Excel?
- TAN Excel Function
- TANH in Excel
- Average vs Weighted Average
- Financial Functions in Excel (17+)
- Logical Functions in Excel (15+)
- TEXT Functions in Excel (29+)
- Lookup Reference in Excel (44+)
- Date and Time Function in Excel (22+)
- Statistical Function in Excel (50+)
- Information Functions in Excel (5+)
- Excel Charts (48+)
- Excel Tools (98+)
- Excel Tips (178+)
- VBA (162+)
Excel RAND Function (Table of Contents)
RAND Function in Excel
RAND function is categories as Math or Trig function in excel returns a random number excel between 0 and 1. RAND in excel will generate a new random number excel each time your excel sheet refreshed.
RAND Formula Excel and Explanation
RAND Formula excel has no parameter just return a random number excel that is greater than or equal to 0 and less than 1.
How to Use RAND in Excel?
RAND function in excel is very simple and easy to use. Let understand the working of Excel RAND function by some examples. RAND function can be used as a worksheet function and as a VBA function.
Excel RAND function as worksheet function.
RAND in Excel Example #1
Let’s consider RAND () function in Excel to calculate the random numbers b/w 0 and 1. Excel RAND Function is used to return the random numbers between 0 and 1 as show in the below table.
RAND in Excel Example #2
As you know RAND function in Excel is used to generate random numbers b/w 0 and 1 only but you can use RAND () in Excel to return random numbers b/w 0 and 100 by using the following RAND formula excel.
Ex. =100*RAND () here RAND in Excel generate random number excel b/w 0 and 1 than output will multiple by 100 gets the numbers b/w 0 and 100. It will generate the random number excel as shown in below the table.
RAND in Excel Example #3
If you want to calculate the random number excel between two numbers you can use the following RAND formula Excel.
=a+ (b-a)*RAND (), here a and b may be any numbers.
RAND formula Excel generates the random number b/w two integers using RAND () function in Excel.
Example – Random number excel between 5 and 10 using RAND () function in Excel =5 + (10 – 5) * RAND ().
RAND in Excel Example #4
If you want to generate the random numbers b/w 5 and 10 you can use the RAND () function in excel =5 + (10 – 5) * RAND () it will give to the random number b/w 5 and 10 then apply INT () function on it to round the output integer to nearest positive integer.
RAND in Excel Example #5
Rand Function in Excel also generates random time you just need to apply the RAND () function in excel and then change the cell format to time only.
Excel RAND Function can be used as a VBA function.
Dim RandomNumber As Integer
RandomNumber = Int ((100 – 50 + 1) * Rnd + 50)
In this example, the variable called RandomNumber would now contain a random number excel between 50 and 100.
Things to Remember About the RAND Function in Excel
- RAND () function in Excel calculates a new value each time the worksheet is calculated. To overcome this problem you just need to convert the generated value to values.
- To stop auto change RAND () function in Excel value you just need to the go-to RAND formula excel bar and the press F9 to convert the RAND formula Excel into its result.
- If we wish to generate a set of random numbers in multiple cells, you just need to select the cells and enter RAND () and then press Ctrl + Enter.
- If you want to calculate the random numbers between two numbers you can use the following RAND formula Excel =a+ (b-a)*RAND ()
This has been a guide to RAND Function in Excel. Here we discuss the RAND Formula excel and how to use RAND Excel function along with excel example and downloadable excel templates. You may also look at these useful functions in excel –