Top 10 Best Finance Courses (Online)
Finance vertical has witnessed exponential growth over the past two decades. With this, there are new career roles aimed at specialized skills and services aimed at individuals as well as institutional clients.
So, what are the top finance course that you can do?
Below is the list of Top 10 Online Finance Certification Courses of all times.
#1 – Investment Banking Certification Course
- Overview: This Investment banking course is one of the hottest professions in the world. The basic responsibility of an investment banker is to create capital for various organizations. These organizations can be governments, corporates, start-up organizations etc.
- Benefits of Learning This Online Finance Course: When you can learn a course that teaches you investment banking specifically, nothing can be better than that. Instead of going in the field, you’re learning from the already experienced professionals what it takes to be an investment banker.
- Top Skills Required – Valuations, Investment Banking Modeling, Comparable Comps, LBO Modeling, M&A Modeling, Pitch Book Preparation, Communications and Presentations Skills
- Job Profile: Investment bankers help companies raise funds through IPO, FPO, mergers and acquisitions and private placements. And investment bankers also know everything (meaning in the literal sense) about investments and their trends in the market.
- Who Should Do This Online Finance Course: Students of finance and professionals with an aim to be investment bankers can do this course.
#2 – Financial Modeling Certification Course
- Overview: Financial modeling Course is not for the faint-hearted. But there’s a solution. You can do a comprehensive course and get ahead of the curve.
- Benefits of Learning This Online Finance Course: Financial modeling course will allow you to learn how to value a business and showcase it in front of your clients. At the same time, you would learn to create complex models that you have never thought you would be able to create.
- Top Skills Required – Excel, Advanced Excel, Advanced Accounting, Financial Analysis and forecasting, three statement modeling
- Job Profile: Financial modeling Course is required for the careers in investment banking, equity research, transaction advisory, business valuations etc.
- Who Should Do This Online Finance Course: Professionals and students who would like to create complex financial models should do this finance certification course.
#3 – Equity Research Certification Course
- Overview: This Equity Research course will teach you the nitty-gritty of becoming equity research professional. This finance certification course will teach you how you can recommend investments for your clients, how you can create reports for possible investment opportunities, how you can produce analyses for your clients etc.
- Benefits of Learning This Online Finance Course: In this Equity Research Course, you will learn to produce financial analyses for your clients (it can be either on the buy side or sell side). And this will help you change careers or reach a higher rung.
- Top Skills Required – Excel, Advanced Excel, Valuations, Financial Modeling, Stock Analysis, DCF – FCFF, FCFE and Relative Valuations, Report Writing
- Job Profile: The most essential job of an equity researcher recommend BUY/SELL of stocks. Equity Reports can be from flash reports to detailed reports. These reports then facilitate clients to make a big decision regarding investments.
- Who Should Do This Online Finance Course: If you’re interested in pursuing a career in equity research and have the necessary background (finance), you should do this Equity Research course.
#4 – Private Equity Certification Course
- Overview: Private equity course will teach you how to search for funds to invest, how to engage in the public companies’ buyouts, and how the capital can be used for the right usage.
- Benefits of Learning This Online Finance Course: By doing this Private Equity course, you will be able to capture how a private equity firm operates, how it targets a company that can be bought out, and how a management turns around a struggling company toward profits.
- Top Skills Required – Business Valuation, Private Company Valuations, Deal Structuring, Negotiations, Fund Raising, Financial Modeling, Pre-money and Post Money valuations
- Job Profile: Depending on what you do in a private equity firm, it’s all about understanding the potential investment and letting your top management know why it is a good target.
- Who Should Do This Online Finance Course: People who are interested in investments, love looking at different businesses, understand trends in the market, and want to earn reasonably higher compensation should do this finance certification course.
#5 – Mergers & Acquisition
- Overview: Merger & Acquisition is a huge subject. In this finance certification course, you will learn about how mergers and acquisitions happen. And how as a firm’s representative, you can help with mergers & acquisitions deals.
- Benefits of Learning This Online Finance Course: Since this course is fully focused on only M&A deals and how they’re done, you will begin to understand why to go for mergers and acquisitions and how merger/acquisition can help the company increase the market share.
- Top Skills Required – M&A modeling, Advanced Excel, Purchase Pooling Method, Advanced Accounting, Accretive Dilutive Analysis.
- Job Profile: You can work as an investment banker that deals with M&A deals or you can be an analyst who will build the right models to help the management make a prudent decision about a particular M&A deal.
- Who Should Do This Online Finance Course: Individuals/professionals who would like to do M&A deals or love to analyze the M&A deals should do this finance certification course.
#6 – Venture Capital Certification Course
- Overview: If you want to understand what venture capital is or you want to become a venture capitalist, this is a good place to start.
- Benefits of Learning This Online Finance Course: By doing this Venture Capital course, you will be able to understand the early stage entrepreneurship, how can you get more ROI out of a start-up, the pitfalls of investing in an early-stage venture, and how much would be at stake.
- Top Skills Required – Deal Structuring, Startup valuations, Venture Capital Modeling, Pre-money Post Money analysis, Fund Raising, Term Sheet
- Job Profile: You can work in a venture capital firm or you can start as a venture capitalist depending on how much knowledge and experience you have in the industry.
- Who Should Do This Online Finance Course: People who would like to go in the venture capital industry or want to start as a venture capitalist should do this course.
#7 – Project Finance Certification Course
- Overview: This finance certification course will allow you to understand how project finance works. Project finance is much different than corporate finance and most of the activities are subcontracted in project finance.
- Benefits of Learning This Online Finance Course: Doing this Project Finance course will allow learning the nitty-gritty of project finance like loan structure, non-recourse, cash flow for projects, limited recourse, primary and secondary collateral etc.
- Top Skills Required – Excel, Advanced Excel, Corporate Finance, Project Finance Modeling, IRR, NPV, Breakeven Analysis
- Job Profile: You may work in a company that helps in financing a project or part of a company whose project is financed by a financial institution.
- Who Should Do This Online Finance Course: If you’re interested to get employed in project finance domain or want to understand a specific part of it, you should do this Project Finance course.
#8 – Hedge Funds Certification Course
- Overview: You will learn what a hedge fund is and how it works. Since this is a niche specific course, it will help you understand hedge fund comprehensively.
- Benefits of Learning This Online Finance Course: In this Hedge Fund Course, you will learn how hedge funds are being run across the globe. How the fund managers manage money, how they create leverage to earn amazing returns (and sometimes lose), and how you can invest in hedge funds as well (if at all).
- Top Skills Required – Hedge Fund Strategies, Long-short Strategies, Credit strategy, Event Driven Strategy, Global Macro Strategy, Performance Measures, CAPM, Sharpe Ratio, Sortino Ratio, Leverage in Hedge Funds, NAV Calculation, Carried Interest, Risk Exposure, VAR
- Job Profile: You can choose to become an investor in hedge funds or you can join a hedge fund and be part of the hedge fund management team.
- Who Should Do This Online Finance Course: If you want to learn the nitty-gritty of hedge fund, want to become an investor or want to work in a hedge fund, you should do this hedge fund course.
#9 – LBO (Leverage Buyout) Certification Course
- Overview: This is a specific course on leverage buyout. And you will learn how a company acquires another company through a leveraged buyout, the options available, the assets used, and the end-results.
- Benefits of Learning This Online Finance Course: In this LBO Course, you will be able to operate as a specialist in leveraged buyout domain.
- Top Skills Required – LBO in Excel, LBO Analysis, LBO Modeling, LBO Model in Excel, Sensitivity Analysis, Ideal Candidate Analysis, IRR Analysis
- Job Profile: You can work as a financial analyst in a company that handles a leveraged buyout or you can help your company go through a leveraged buyout procedure.
- Who Should Do This Online Finance Course: Do this LBO course if you’re interested and have basic financial knowledge.
#10 – Credit Modeling Certification Course
- Overview: In this Credit Modeling Course, you will learn how credit risk is being assessed in various domains like retail, commercial real estate, structured finance etc. You will also learn to build complex credit models that will help your clients understand and assess the credit risk.
- Benefits of Learning This Online Finance Course: In this Credit Modeling Course, you will learn different applications of credit risk modeling and how it helps in financial advisory. Plus, you will also learn about training, implementation, support invalidation, benchmarking etc.
- Top Skills Required – Traditional credit models, Structural model of Credit Risk, Structural Model of Credit Risk, Calculate Z-score, Credit Rating, Credit Modeling, Credit Analysis, UFCE Modeling, WC Modeling, Internal Ratings
- Job Profile: You will work as a credit risk analyst or an investor who needs to understand credit risk modeling.
- Who Should Do This Online Finance Course: Only professionals who need to deal with credit risk and need to build credit risk models should do this Credit Modeling Course.