Free Time Card Template
One may use a time card template to record and keep track of the hours dedicated by an employee to evaluate their billable hours based on which their salary for the period will be determined. One can prepare it on a weekly or monthly basis or for a designated period. Maintaining a time card has a lot of benefits. It helps maintain precise records, track workers’ engagement, and resolve conflicts of interest. In addition, designing an effective template can save a lot of commotion for not just the employees but also the companies.
Table of contents
About the Time Card Template
- An ideal employee time card template is 100 percent compliant and user-friendly simultaneously. It has all the information about the details of the company, employee/ s, and supervisor, and it also offers the start and end date for which the same is filled.
- It also consists of another segment where the pay rate, project name, day, date, start time, end time, sick, vacation, regular hours, overtime hours, and one must fill up total hours.
- Once calculating the total hours for each day, users need to sum them all to determine the monthly, weekly, or biweekly totals. After all these calculations, users need to sign the template and ensure that the date is the same at the same time.
- It is beneficial not just for employees but also for employers and companies. With this template, users can easily evaluate the time dedicated by an employee for a particular project for a designated period the same has been created.
The users must ensure they are fulfilling all the following requirements:
#1 – Header
Having a header can save users from a lot of commotion in the future. Therefore, users must ensure that they are always naming their template as a “time card template.”
#2 – Company’s Details
The users should be cautious while filling up the details of their employer, i.e., their company. The users must provide their name, address, pin code, phone number, email ID, and fax number with due caution to ensure they are not committing any errors in the template.
#3 – Employee’s and Supervisor’s Details
The users will need to fill up the employees’ and supervisors’ details, such as name and employee ID. The users must ensure they are filling inaccurate information and not making any errors in filling up these details.
#4 – Pay Rate
The users must mention their pay rates to ensure the billing process conducts easily for the period card template.
#5 – Start and End Date
The users will also need to mention the duration for which the template raises.
#6 – Next Segment
In this segment, users will need to fill in their project details. E.g., name along with the date and day they have worked on the same, start and finish time of the projects, sick leaves, casual leaves, or any other leaves during that time. Also, the regular and overtime hours invested in the project.
#7 – Total Hours
One must calculate the total hours dedicated to every project based on the above information. Then all these totals must be clubbed to arrive at the actual hours dedicated during the period the template raises.
After all this calculation, the users must cross-verify the template to evaluate the rightness of the same. Finally, the users will need to authorize the template and even ensure that these are dated before submitting the same for the billing process.
How to Use this Template?
The template provided in the article is customized, keeping in mind the general needs of the users. This template is concise and will allow the users to fill in all the necessary details required for the billing function.
Following are the steps to use the template:
- A person using the template has to enter all the details as required in the fields that are not already pre-filled.
- The users can begin by providing the company details by filling in the name, address, postal code, country, contact number, email ID, and fax number.
- The users can move on to the next segment, where they must provide the respective name and employee ID for both the employee and the supervisor.
- The users will have to mention the duration, the start and end period for which the template raises.
The users will not need to fill it out manually since the drop-down box will enable them to easily select the details from the option.
- The users will need to mention the pay rate to make it easier for the employers to calculate their total salary for the period the template raises.
- The users will need to fill up the details about the project, including day, date, start time, finish time, sick leaves, casual leaves, regular hours, and overtime hours, and accordingly, evaluate the total hours dedicated each day.
- Users now need to add these total hours for each day and arrive at the total hours that created this template.
- Once all these inputs and calculations are complete, the users must cross-examine to ensure that the template is free from errors.
- Lastly, the users must authorize the template and ensure it dates before submission to the senior level.
This article has been a guide to Time Card Template. Here we provide you with a free downloadable employee time card spreadsheet that records and keeps track of the hours dedicated by an employee. Also, you can download and use this template in Excel, Google Sheets, or PDF format.
You can also take a look at our other useful articles: –