Free Time Card Template
A time card template is used to record and keep a track of the hours dedicated by an employee to evaluate his or her billable hours based on which his or her salary for the period will be determined. It can be prepared on a weekly, monthly basis or for a designated period of time. Maintaining a time card has a lot of benefits like it helps in maintaining precise records, tracking workers’ engagement, and resolving the conflict of interests. Designing an effective template can save a lot of ruckus for not just the employees but the companies as well.
About the Time Card Template
- An ideal employee time card template is one that 100 percent compliant and is user-friendly at the same time. It has all the information pertaining to the details of the company, employee/ s, and supervisor and it also offers the start and end date for which the same is filled.
- It also consists of another segment where the pay rate, name of the project, day, date, start time, end time, sick, vacation, regular hours, overtime hours and total hours are also required to be filled up.
- Once the total hours for each day are calculated, the users will need to sum them all to determine the monthly, weekly or biweekly totals. After all these calculation is done, the users will need to sign the template and ensure that the same is dated at the same time.
- It is very useful not just for employees but for the employers and for the companies too. With this template, users can easily evaluate the time dedicated by an employee for a particular project for a designated period of time the same has been created.
The users must ensure they are fulfilling all the following requirements:
#1 – Header:
Having a header can save users from a lot of ruckus in the future. Therefore, users must ensure that they are always naming their template as a “time card template”.
#2 – Company’s Details:
The users should be very careful while filling up the details of their employer i.e., their company. The users must provide the name, address, pin code, phone number, email id and fax number with due caution to ensure they are not committing any sort of errors in the template.
#3 – Employee’s and Supervisor’s Details:
The users will necessarily need to fill up the employees’ and supervisor’s details such as name and employee id. Needless to say, but the users must ensure they are filling accurate details and not making any errors in filing up these details.
#4 – Pay Rate:
The users will need to mention their pay rates to ensure that the billing process is easily conducted for the period the time card template is created,
#5 – Start and End Date:
The users will also need to mention the duration for which the template is being raised.
#6 – Next Segment:
In this segment, the users will need to fill in their details of the project like the name, along with the date and day they have worked upon the same. The start time and finish time of the projects and if there have been any sick leaves, casual leaves or any other leaves during that time will also be required to fill up along with the regular hours as well as overtime hours invested in the project.
#7 – Total Hours:
The total hours dedicated for each and every project must be necessarily calculated on the basis of information provided above and then all these totals must be clubbed to arrive at the actual hours dedicated during the time period for which the template is being raised.
After all this calculation is done, the users must cross verify the template to evaluate the rightness of the same. The users will need to authorize the template and even ensure that these are dated prior to the submission of the same for the billing process.
How to Use this Template?
The template provided in the article is totally customized keeping in mind the general needs of the users. This template is concise and will allow the users to fill all the necessary details that are required for the billing function. Following are the steps that have to be followed in order to use the template:
- A person using the template has to enter all the details as required in the fields that are not already pre-filled.
- The users can begin by providing the details of the company by filling up the name, address, postal code, country, contact number, and email id and fax number.
- The users can move on to the next segment where they will need to provide the respective name and employee id for both the employee and the supervisor.
- The users will have to mention the duration that is the start and end period for which the template is being raised. The users will not need to fill it manually since the drop-down box will enable them to easily select the details from the option.
- The users will need to mention the pay rate for making it easier for the employers to calculate their total salary for the period the template has been raised.
- The users will need to fill up the details pertaining to the project, day, date, start time, finish time, sick leaves, casual leaves, regular hours, overtime hours and accordingly evaluate the total hours that are dedicated each day.
- The users will now need to add all these total hours for each day and arrive at the total hours for which the template has been created.
- Once all these inputs and calculations are done, the users must cross-examine to ensure that the template is free from any errors.
- Lastly, the users must authorize the template and ensure they are dated prior to its submission to the senior level.
This has been a guide to Time Card Template. Here we provide you with a free downloadable employee time card spreadsheet that record and keep a track of the hours dedicated by an employee. Also, you can download and use this template in Excel, Google Sheets or in PDF format.
You can also take a look at our other useful articles-