Full Form of PPT – PowerPoint Presentation
The full form of PPT is PowerPoint Presentation. PowerPoint presentation can be defined as presentations that are generally used in corporate meetings for educational purposes such as training, induction, etc and are even used by students for creating their high school/ college projects and assignments and these are prepared by sourcing and combining individual slides together into one with the help of MS PowerPoint Software.
Features of PPT
The features of PPT are enlisted as follows:
- Customizable Slides: One of the best features of a powerpoint presentation is that it comes with customizable slides. It has templated that with colour schemes that are preset but can also be customized by the users who are willing to come up with their personal themes. The users can even add sounds, animations, pre-recorded narrations, etc to their slides for instilling the engaging factor in the same and catering to the targeted audiences.
- Mobile-Friendly: PowerPoint presentations are now mobile friendly too. Earlier PPTs were only meant for computers and laptops but with the given digitalization and growing number of smartphone users, they are now various apps for Windows, IOS and Android as well as tablet users which makes PPTs accessible on smartphones too. This means the users can use PPTs as and wherever they want without having the need to access a desktop or a laptop for this very purpose. The software is now portable and equally functional at the same time which enables the presenters to create PPTs and rehearse taking them into use prior to addressing in front of the targeted audiences.
- Focused Presentation: Another best feature of a powerpoint presentation is that it enables focused presentation where the users can put forth the ideas and perspective in front of the targeted audience with lots of ease and confidence. The projector displays the PPT on the big screen while the presenter can review his or her notes and the next slides on his or her laptop.
- Highlights Important Points: Presenters with the help of a PPT can emphasize important points while they are representing the audience. The presenters can emphasize upon important points by making use of the zoom feature of the application where they can zoom out and zoom in on segments as and wherever required and make their presentations more interesting and engaging for the targeted audiences.
- Shared Projects: Users can save their PPTs on their OneDrive account which will help them in making them accessible to other users. Presenters can even share their PPTs through the cloud where they can share the links of the same with their colleagues.
Functions of PPT
PowerPoint Presentations are widely used and that too in numerous ways by companies, educational institutes, and government institutions for the purpose of offering a digital slide-show which is even more engaging and helps in catering the targeted audiences by rightly delivering them with the desired message and information which would otherwise have been really difficult. A PPT helps in enhancing a presentation and it is why these are often preferred by the presenters over other available options. The function of a PPT is to display images or graphs and cater to the attention of the audience on important aspects and the ultimate message.
Uses of PPT
The uses of PPT are provided and discussed in details as follows –
- Making Tutorials – PPTs are widely used worldwide for training and educating students, employees, and trainees as well. PPTs can be used for the purpose of preparing tutorials and worksheets. These tutorials can even be printed and provided to students for future reference.
- Making Digital Portfolios – PPTs can help artists to create a professional digital portfolio where they can use individual slides that includes graphics and images for showcasing their work. The digital portfolio will also enable the artists to share the same via email with their clients which will ultimately save their time and traveling harassment too.
- Slide Show of Photos – Users can even make use of the PPTs for a slide show of photos where they can choose the photos they want and simply club them together and create a digital album and use the same for purposes like self-promotion.
- Creating Animation – Users can even create animations with the help of PPTs and can make it more unique by adding the sound, music and effects of their choice too.
PowerPoint Presentation vs Google Studies
PowerPoint presentation and google studies differ from each other on various parameters. The contrast between PPTs and google studies are discussed as follows-
- Cost of Installation – PPT is offered by MS Office package and the latter can only be used if the user has a license for the same. The installation of MS Office starts from a minimum of $70. In other words, it can be said that even though PPTs are free, it can only be used if the user has paid for installing MS Office in their systems. On the other hand, google slides are a part of Google docs and are absolutely free to use.
- Accessibility – PPT can only be accessed if the user has installed MS Office software in his system. On the other hand, google drive is easily accessible and does not require the user to have the software installed on his computer. The user will only need to have a Google account to be able to access google studies.
PowerPoint presentations can be taken into use for a variety of purposes. PPTs can be used for the purpose of organizing and structuring a presentation, creating a professional as well as a consistent format, offering an illustrative presentation of the content, animating the individual slides in order to infuse them with powerful visual impact, and so on.
A PowerPoint Presentation has numerous features such as shapes, exporting as an image, transition, custom animations, themes, selection panel, auto-extend capability, customizable presentation templates, morph, zoom, presentation notes, pre-recorded narration, office 365 integration, sounds and animations, graphing, outlining, drawing, color palates, shortcuts to eliminate wastage of time, and a lot more.
This has been a guide to Full Form of PPT i.e (PowerPoint Presentation). Here we learn the features, functions, and uses of PPT along with its differences from google studies. You may refer to the following articles to learn more about finance –