Excel Functions Tutorials
- Excel Charts
- Types of Charts in Excel
- Area Chart in Excel
- Bubble Chart in Excel
- Chart Templates in Excel
- Change Chart Style in Excel
- Calendar Template in Excel
- Inventory Template in Excel
- Clustered Bar Chart in Excel
- Clustered Column Chart in Excel
- Column Chart in excel
- Combination Charts in Excel (Combo)
- Excel Combo Chart
- Control Charts in Excel
- Doughnut Chart in Excel
- Dynamic Chart in Excel
- Excel Chart Wizard
- Flow Chart in Excel
- Flowchart Excel Examples
- Funnel Chart in Excel
- Gantt Chart in Excel
- Gantt Chart Example
- Gauge Chart in Excel (Speedometer)
- Graphs vs Charts
- Histogram Excel Chart
- How to Make Graph / Chart in Excel?
- Legends in Excel Chart
- Line Graphs / Charts in Excel
- Line Chart Examples
- Marimekko Chart in Excel (Mekko)
- Normal Distribution Graph in Excel
- Organization Chart in Excel
- Pareto Chart in Excel
- Pie Chart in Excel
- Make Pie Chart in Excel
- Pivot Chart in Excel
- Radar Chart in Excel (Spider Chart)
- Stacked Chart in Excel (Column, Bar & 100% Stacked)
- Stacked Bar Chart in Excel
- Stacked Column Chart
- Stock Chart in Excel
- Scatter Plot in Excel (Chart)
- Tornado Chart in Excel
- Dot Plots in Excel
- 3D Plot in Excel
- 3D Scatter Plot in Excel
- Standard Deviation Graph in Excel
- S Curve in Excel
- Waterfall Chart in Excel
- Financial Functions in Excel (17+)
- Logical Functions in Excel (15+)
- TEXT Functions in Excel (29+)
- Lookup Reference in Excel (44+)
- Maths Functions in Excel (52+)
- Date and Time Function in Excel (22+)
- Statistical Function in Excel (50+)
- Information Functions in Excel (5+)
- Excel Tools (98+)
- Excel Tips (178+)
- VBA (162+)
Scatter plot in excel is a two dimensional type of chart to represent data, it has various names such XY chart or Scatter diagram in excel, in this chart we have two sets of data on X and Y axis who are co-related to each other, this chart is mostly used in co-relation studies and regression studies of data.
Excel Scatter Plot (Table of Contents)
- Scatter Plot in Excel
- Instructions to Make a Scatter Chart in Excel
- Advantages of Using the Scatter Plot
- Disadvantages of Using the Scatter Plot
What is the Scatter Plot Chart in Excel?
Scatter Plots in Excel is a set of so many points on vertical and horizontal axes. Scatter charts are very important in insights since they can demonstrate the degree of connection, assuming any, between the estimations of observed quantity or values which is also called variables.
Mainly scatter plot in excel is the help to find the relation between two variable e.g. relationship between X and Y variable. It also to show how strong the relationship between the two variables. It is just a quantitative articulation of the quantitative change.
When we use the Scatter Plot Chart in Excel?
- Excel Scatter chart is used when we have huge data and wants to compare the same.
- When you want to show the relationship between two variables.
How to Make a Scatter Plot Chart in Excel?
#1 – Select the two segments in your information additionally incorporate the headers from your information.
#2 – Tap on the Inset tab, in the Charts gathering, tap the Scatter diagram or some other as the required symbol, and select the chart which suits your information:
#3 – Click to select the scatter plot chart which you want. After you selected the chart, will get the chart next on your excel data table.
#4 – Now here is your excel scatter plot chart after you selected the scatter chart.
#5 – You can modify your chart as a when required, fill the hues and lines likewise of your decision. For instance, you can pick alternate shading and utilize a strong line of a dashed line. We can customize the graph as we want to customize it.
- Click on Right click of scatter chart, click on the format data point and select the color of your diagram and customize it as required.
#6 – Below is excel scatter plot after customizing it as required:
#7 – We can change the chart style/color, by clicking right on the chart and click on the icon as mention below screenshot:
Advantages of Using the Scatter Diagram
- It helps to obtain the relationship between two or more variables.
- Scatter plot in excel is the best method to show the non-linear pattern.
- Anyone can easily determine the minimum and maximum value on the range of data flow.
- Perception and reading are so clear.
- Plotting the graph is moderately basic.
Disadvantages of Using the Scatter Diagram
- Scatter plot chart does not help to get the precise relationship between the variables.
- Excel Scatter plot chart is not the quantitative measure which helps to get the result in numeric.
- It only gives an estimated idea of the relationship.
- When data is huge, sometimes it created the mess on scatter chart.
Types of Relationship in Scatter Plots in Excel
- #1 – No Correlation: This is the point when there is no direct connection between the factors. For e.g. computer and salary have no relation between them.
- #2 – Positive: This is the point at which the factors move in a similar way. For e.g. Salary and promotion, it means that when the employee gets the promotion it is so obvious that salary will get the increase.
- #3 – Negative: This is the point at which the factors move in inverse ways, it means that when one variable is increases and another variable decrease. For e.g. Time spent to play badminton and time spent on studying, it means the more time person play it leads to study time will decrease.
Things to Remember about Scatter Chart in Excel
- Scatter plots in excel are exceptionally helpful tools for passing on the connection between two factors, however, you have to realize how to utilize them and interpret them legitimately.
- The variable should be in the numeric term, otherwise, you won’t be able to create the chart.
- Choose the data carefully to avoid any kind of error in analysis.
- Start practicing with small data to understand the better analysis and use of excel scatter chart on data easily.
- Always make your chart more attractive so that it shows clear information by using different colors.
- If you want to communicate your data through scattering so it is mandatory to understand the audition whether they understand the data or not. If necessary make use of line on the chart which connects the points.
- In some of the cases, utilizing an alternate shading for the objective information point may not be proper, so you can shade it with indistinguishable shading from whatever remains of the focuses, and afterward make it emerge by applying some other option.
This has been a guide to Scatter Plot in Excel. Here we discuss how to make a Scatter Chart, its advantages and Disadvantages along with excel example and downloadable excel templates. You may also look at these useful functions in excel –