Free Billing Statement Template
Billing statement template is those templates that record the list of all the debit and credit transactions being made during a particular period and which are available on excel which can be easily printed, emailed to the customer any time. These could be implemented for billing invoices, customer account relationship management including general invoicing.
- For instance, Credit card statement in which credit institutions send every month a credit card bill statement to the customer with the details of the transactions incurred during a given month and outstanding amount due to the credit institutions.
- It may include columns for the invoice number, details of the customer, amount to be received or due from the customer, description of the items and other charges including a discount if any. This is very useful for those who have a transactional relationship with their customers and received payment on a regular or ongoing concern basis.
- For instance, in the landlord and tenant relationship, the landlord sends every month billing statement template to his or her tenant in case of rental properties. It is very much similar to the invoice template.
About Billing Statement Template
- It is created on spreadsheet excel templates with the objective of sending a summary of sales being made to a client or customer. We can create and send the billing statement template of the overdue amount to the customer as per the agreed schedule like weekly, monthly or quarterly, etc.
- These are being used by vendors and their respective customers with the pre-defined agreement with respect to the frequency of sending the billing to the customers. Even if there are no overdue balances billing statement template can be sent by the vendor to their respective clients for bookkeeping or recording purposes.
- In my template, I have used a single-entry bookkeeping method which can also be used by the business who are just started or set up a business and have lower volume business transactions.
How to Create This Template?
- This is said to be an alternative to expensive software used to create a billing statement. It is very simple to use and create. Customers can easily understand with billing statement template the amount due and the charges which are applicable on the same.
- It can be easily downloaded and printed if required. They are user-friendly and the vendor and customer can customize the billing statement template according to their requirement. These are also automated to generate the billing statement automatically.
- With the help of this statement, the complicated task of segregating the stocks from the huge inventory can be easily recognized. The statement provides detail information about the goods being ordered and shipped at the same time and also which are ordered and yet to be shipped. These excel based templates are considered as budget-friendly and can be used by small or medium-sized enterprises with a low volume of business transactions.
- This can be created by simply inserting basic details in the template like Company name, address, the logo of the company. In the software-based template, there are default options like a currency that can be selected by drop-down in the template. This can be formatted in any desired way.
- Once the basic details about the company are inserted then the next section is required to have a list of business transactions that can be initiated with any beginning balance if any or carried forward from the previous balance. If there were no previous balances being carried forward then the billing statement can be started with zero balance.
- After the initial balance, the next transactions can be recorded on the basis of their date of the transaction and other charges if incurred. There are two columns that could be made to report the transactions. One column should have debit in which all the expenses and charges incurred by the customers are included and other columns should have credit in which the amount to be received by the customers is included.
- Anyone running a business can generate the billing statement template. You need not be an excel expert to generate the same. But there are points that need to be considered while creating the billing statement template.
The following are the factors that require due consideration while creating this template.
- An adequate date should be mentioned in the billing statement template.
- The current balance of the billing statement should be arrived at in the template by deducting the sum of payments from the sum of the amount being received.
- Make sure the payment should be written in negative numbers and the amount received should be written in positive numbers.
- The name of the customer including billing address should be provided in the billing statement template.
Why we need this Template?
The above question can be answered with the following section.
- Let’s assume you are a landlord and your tenant does not pay your rent on time. A professional way to remind him every month about the rent due is to send him every month a billing statement template. The same concept applies to banks and credit institutions who have given loans or credit cards to the customers and who pay EMIs every month to their respective banks.
- With this billing statement both banks, as well as customers, can track the transactions and charges including any fees being levied by the bank. They can be printed and recorded for future references at the same time. These can be customized with the help of spreadsheet tools to include or remove any things.
- These statements include all the possible details like payments received from the customer, late payments charged or fees, payment due date, total outstanding amount, total credit available, date of generating the billing, etc.
- In the case of the landlord and tenant relationship, the billing statement can be customized to include the list of properties being lent out including the furnished materials to keep a record of the same.
- If the landlord has multiple properties lent out to a number of tenants the billing statement can be saved and a copy of the same can be created and can be sent to every tenant through email.
- If you desired that billing statement should not include prior payments in the statement you can simply include only current month transactions in the billing statement to be sent to your customers.
This has been a guide to Billing Statement Template. Here we provide you with a free billing statement template that records a list of all the debit and credit transactions during a particular period. Also, you can download and use this template in Excel, PDF or in ODS format.
You can also take a look at our other useful articles-