Template of Proforma Invoice – Record Customer Details
A Pro forma invoice template can be used for recording the customer details like name, address, contact number and email id, shipping details, invoice details like date of invoice, invoice number and due date of payment along with the description of the goods, quantity, the price per unit, line totals and the final amount that is calculated after making sales tax adjustments.
About the Pro Forma Invoice Template
- This template format is used by the companies to document the commitment with respect to the sale of the goods to their clients in a professional manner.
- It can be defined as a preliminary and a comprehensive record of sales transaction that serves as a proof until and unless the transaction details are adequately finalized.
- This template acts as a preliminary document of sales, offered by the company, to its clients before the project completion.
- This template serves as a proof of sale till the time the financial transactions are not finalized.
The formats of a pro forma invoice template are provided and discussed below-
#1 – Header:
The users of this template must always label the header as ‘the pro forma invoice template’ for ensuring that there is no room for confusion in the future, and the purpose of the invoice is easily understood.
#2 – Company’s Logo and Details:
The logo and the details of the company like its name, address, contact number, email id, and fax must be filled up by the users.
#3 – Bill to Details:
The details of the party to whom the bill is issued must be provided. These details must include his name, address, phone number, and email id as well. These details must be filled with due care to ensure there is 100 percent accuracy.
#4 – Ship to Details:
The details of the party to whom the goods are supposed to be shipped must be filled up. These details must necessarily include his name, address, phone number, and email id as well. The users must fill in these details with the utmost care so that there are no errors.
#5 – Shipping Details:
The users must fill in all the shipping details pertaining to transportation, carrier, ext. shipping date and ext. Weight in kilograms. All these details must be filled with due care to eliminate the slightest of errors.
#6 – Invoice Details:
The users must also mention invoice date, invoice number, and due date of payment with utmost care in this segment.
#7 – Transaction Details:
After filling all the details mentioned above, the users can proceed with the next segment that requires them to provide details pertaining to every transaction. These details will include the date of the transaction, description of products, quantity, and price per unit of every product.
#8 – Line Total and Final Amount:
The line total must be evaluated by taking the quantity and price per unit and multiplying them with each other. The line totals calculated for each transaction must be summed up to arrive at the subtotals. The subtotals must be further accounted for taxes and shipping charges. Once all these adjustments are provided, the final amount that the company is supposed to receive can be evaluated.
How to Use this Pro Forma Invoice Template?
Following are the steps to use this template:
- The person using the Pr Forma Invoice Template has to enter all the details as required in the fields that are not already pre-filled.
- The users must provide the details of the company, which is issuing the pro forma invoicePro Forma InvoicePro Forma Invoice is a document issued by the supplier to the buyer with delivery details of goods/services, including price, delivery charges, applicable taxes, and quantity or the total weight of the shipment. to the customer. The details of the company must include its name, contact number, address, fax, and email id.
- The users must then move on to filling the bill to and ship to a segment where the details of the respective parties must be filled in. These details will include the name, address, contact number, and email id of the concerning parties.
- The users must then proceed with filling up the shipping details like ext. Shipping date, ext. Weight in kilograms, transportation, and carrier.
- The users must then proceed with invoicing details like invoice number, date of invoice, and due date of payment.
- Once all these details in the first segment are correctly filled, the users must move with the next segment, where they will need to provide further information pertaining to every transaction. But before proceeding with the next segment, it is always advisable to cross-check the information already filled in to eliminate the likelihood of any sort of error.
- The users must mention the date of every transaction and describe the products, quantity, and unit per price accordingly. The user must then find out the total for each transaction by multiplying the quantity and price per unit, and then all the results must be summed up to arrive at the subtotal. The subtotal must be then added with sales tax and shipping charges to arrive at the final amount due at the customer’s end.
This article has been a guide to Pro Forma Invoice Template. Here we provide you with a free downloadable format of pro forma invoice to record the customer details of the company. Also, you can download and use this template in Excel, Google Sheets, or in PDF format.
You can also take a look at our other useful articles-