Invoice Consulting Services Template
Maintaining a consultant invoice template enables the professional consultant or a consultancy company to focus on its consulting goals and not stress much about invoicing. A consultant invoice template will need inputs like company’s details, clients’ details, invoice number, date of invoice, agreement, purchase order, payment terms, date of service, description, the rate per hour, line total, receipts or payment instructions and the calculations for deriving the net total.
About the Consultant Invoice Template
- It is a highly resourceful document for a professional consultant or a consultancy company. It allows the consultant or a consulting company to not just perform services for their customers but also provide them an itemized statement of these services.
- It simply contains all the necessary fields that are required for invoicing the customers.
- It is taken into use by a professional consultant or a consultancy company for invoicing its clients.
The template attached in the article depicts the following aspects:
#1 – Header at the top:
The invoice must always bear a heading. This invoice must be named as a consultant invoice template. Labeling the template makes it easier for the companies or the users to evaluate the purpose of the invoice.
#2 – Invoice Number:
The users must always number their invoices to keep track of it so that if any invoice is lost, then a duplicate of the same can be easily looked for.
#3 – Date of Invoice:
The date of the invoice must also be mentioned by a consultant company or consultant to keep track of its issuance.
#4 – Company’s Details:
The consultant or a consultant company must necessarily fill up all its details such as name, address, contact number, email id, registration number, unique reference number, and fax as well.
#5 – Client’s or Customers’ Information:
The details of the client must never be skipped. Failure to provide client’s information can create a lot of ruckus and confusion in the future. The client’s information must always be filled up with due care. The client’s name, address, email id, and contact number must never be skipped. These details are mandatory and crucial too. It must be filled with due care.
#6 – Agreement Details:
The details of the agreement must also be offered by a professional consultant or a consultancy company. It will lay out the terms on which the invoice is being prepared.
#7 – Purchase Order Number and Payment Terms:
The professional consultant or a consultancy company must also provide details like purchase order number and payment terms in this template. The terms of payment must be provided as per whatever has been approved by both the parties that are the client and the professional consultant or a consultancy company.
#8 – Date of Service:
The professional consultant or a consultancy company must also offer a date of service for each service provided to the client.
#9 – Description of Services availed by the client:
The services availed by the client must be described in the description box. Mentioning the services separately in the description box will give clarity of the services that are availed by the client and as at which date, and this will further ease out the calculation part since evaluating the rate for each service will also become easier for the billing party.
#10 – Calculation of the total for each line:
The line total can be easily calculated by ascertaining the number of hours of services that are availed by the client and multiplying the same with the rate per hour. The results obtained for each line total will need to be added together to arrive at the total.
#11 – Net total:
The total ascertained will be deducted for discounts and added with tax to arrive at the net total. It would be the final amount that the client will be required to pay to the professional consultant or a consultancy company.
How to Use this Template?
Following are the steps that have to be followed to use this template:
- You can use the template and calculate the total bill for clients. With this template, it will become easier for a professional consultant or a consultancy company to raise invoices and bill their clients. A professional consultant or a consultancy company can use this template by filling all the details asked. E.g., date of invoice, invoice number, client details, company’s details, date of service, description, the rate per hour, line total, remarks, receipts or payment instructions, gross total, tax, discount, and eventually finding out the net total.
- You must always start with filling up the invoice number and date of invoice and then proceed ahead with the next details.
- You must provide its company’s details like name, address, contact number, email id, fax, and registration number.
- You must then fill the client’s details like name, number, and address.
- You must then proceed with filling up the details about the agreement, purchase order number, and payment terms.
- You must then proceed with the next segment and fill up the description of the services availed, date of service, number of hours, the rate per hour, and line total. The line total can be calculated by multiplying hours of service with a rate per hour.
- The line totals must be added to arrive at the sub-total, and the latter will be then subtracted with the discount and added with tax to arrive at the final amount the client will need to pay to the professional consultant or a consultancy company.
This article has been a guide to the Consultant Invoice Template. Here we provide you with a free downloadable consulting invoice service template to maintain or focus on its consulting goals. Also, you can download and use this template in Excel, Google Sheets, or in PDF format.
You can also take a look at our other useful articles-